PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny Lawson OR LenDale White

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If both are there @ 21 who would you take? I can't decide.

Good question.

LenDale, the Pats are gonna need a back of the future soon.

I'd take Lawson or DeAngelo Williams...........Not interested in out of shape rookies like White.

I'd take Lawson. I stilll would like to move Vrabel to his OLB spot but getting another young OLB and leaving Vrabel inside is tempting as he's looking good there. I'm not horrified at getting a RB for the future but I think we can slot one in easily as needed. The only reason I'm kind of liking the idea of a RB is that the depth at RB this year blows so other than maybe Addai there's no-one at RB I'd take later in the draft. I'd be waiting until next year.

Last edited:
Lawson

To date, I haven't seen any ranking that have Lawson as a first round pick.

Huddle Report has him at #44. Espn's draft guide has him at #68. The Sporting New Draft Guide has him as a 2nd round pick. Pro Football Weekly has him as a low 2nd or high 3rd rounder.

He maay very well be worth the #21 pick. I just haven't seen anything that has him that high yet.

Does anyone have something that shows him as a 1st rounder?

Deangelo Williams if he is still there, would be hard to pass up. I'm not sold on Lendale White

White.....

carolinatony said:
If both are there @ 21 who would you take? I can't decide.

Definitely White......plus guys named "Manny" are pain's in the a##es in the city of Boston ;)

Lawson.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. And in the 3-4, OLB is considered part of the trenches.

In regards to PatsNutMe, You need to look around some more.

NFLDraftScout.com has Lawson ranked 23rd in their top 100
NFLDraftCountdown has Lawson ranked 30th of their top 32.

When did Huddle Report update their board last?

I am pretty sure that the ESPN and Sporting News draft guides came out before the combine.

Chad Greenway.

He's a leaner, faster Mike Vrabel.

stcjones said:
Definitely White......plus guys named "Manny" are pain's in the a##es in the city of Boston ;)

yes, but they sure can play

DaBruinz said:
Lawson.

Games are won and lost in the trenches. And in the 3-4, OLB is considered part of the trenches.

In regards to PatsNutMe, You need to look around some more.

NFLDraftScout.com has Lawson ranked 23rd in their top 100
NFLDraftCountdown has Lawson ranked 30th of their top 32.

When did Huddle Report update their board last?

I am pretty sure that the ESPN and Sporting News draft guides came out before the combine.

I'm always looking around and thanks for the info. I know that things are always moving and will move faster in a couple of weeks.

I'm under no illusion that any of the guides or on line stuff is the gospel.We draftniks can study all this stuff until the draft and still only know 25% of what we should. But it's fun.

The ESPN guide does include combine info, not that it means a lot either.

Neither. Trade down a few spots and take Carpenter or Marshall or trade up a few and take Justice or Greenway (who may actually fall to us now).

All I know is...even if he's a situational player...can we please get a real pass rusher this draft Belichick!!! Just kidding, I'd take Lendale even though Lawson looks good.

Hate to tell you guys but I see Belichick grabbing

CEDRIC HUMES...with one of our 4th round picks.
Too many other needs to fill 1st.
Belichick will trade 1 of our 3's for a 2 next year(RB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back