PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning will be named MVP in the biggest travesty in award history

Status
Not open for further replies.
A running back is going over 2000 yards. Why isn't he in the headline?

Because his team isn't going to make the playoffs. People may say that's unfair, but I don't think the Patriots make the playoffs without Brady and that should factor into why he is an MVP front runner. Maybe that's just me though. :confused:

Because his team isn't going to make the playoffs. People may say that's unfair, but I don't think the Patriots make the playoffs without Brady and that should factor into why he is an MVP front runner. Maybe that's just me though. :confused:

Yes; part of being valuable is helping your team win.

I really think AP deserves more serious consideration than he gets. He is dangerously close to 2,000 yards and he is basically winning games for the Vikings completely by himself. But it would be almost unheard of for a runningback on a non-playoff team to receive MVP. So they just write him off instead of doing the the media is supposed to do: highlight special cases like this that are clearly so deserving.

Barring AP, I would think Brady deserves it far more than manning based on interceptions alone. If you don't give the ball away, you are more valuable. I don't even see how there is room for Manning in the discussion. And yet here we are. Plus, we beat the Broncos like a worn rug. It makes no sense.

I don't understand the media but I find it hard to care about an award this lacking in reality. I'd like to care more about it but when it is solely based on who the media is in love with, it's very difficult. Hopefully some of them wise up before the deadline and start writing real arguments for a serious candidate.

P.S.

Screw Manning. :p

That's the point , you can "easly" win games with a tollerable number of sacks and incompletions , but if your QB pass gets picked your % of a W literally drops. That's also why PM has 1 ring , only 2 SB appearences and a bad record in the post-season , it's obvious that in the Playoffs the error margin is way more tight than the regular season. TB just doesn't turn the ball over , just look at the INT vs Miami , a defender has to do something very special in order to pick a ball thrown by Tom Brady , it's been his landmark throughout all his carrier and that's why he is so succesful in Playoffs , been to 5 SB and won 3....and that's why also deserves the MVP :D

Last edited:

Maybe so,but without Peterson,the Vikings had an excellent chance at an 0-16 season.....they are that bad and are almost considered a one man band.

Ponder is not very good and Jared Allen has not had the kind of year you expect from him.

With that being said,I hope Peterson runs for 200 against the Texans defense in 2 weeks.

Same here. Brady is deserving, but I can live with another player being more deserving. The point of my post is that Brady and Manning can easily be compared, as they play the same position. And that comparison is ludicrous.

I think Adrian Peterson should win offensive player of the year and comeback player of the year. I don't think him winning just CPOY is enough, but I also don't think he's the MVP. If Brady was MVP and AP won the other two though it would feel like Peyton is being left out, but that could just be because the media has gotten into my subconscious lol.
In a perfect world it would go like this;
Code:
MVP  - Adrian Peterson
CPOY - Peyton Manning
SMVP - Tom Brady
LOM  - New England Patriots

That serves the media's need to reward Peyton for being Peyton and pleases New England fans all over the world.

Last edited:
One of the "experts" on Sirius was talking about right or wrong Peyton will get votes b/c he was injured last year - despite the fact that there is a separate award for that.

In a perfect world it would go like this;
Code:
MVP  - Adrian Peterson
CPOY - Peyton Manning
SMVP - Tom Brady
LOM  - New England Patriots

That serves the media's need to reward Peyton for being Peyton and pleases New England fans all over the world.

In a perfect world MVP: Brady, CPOY: AP, OPOY: Brady, SMVP: Brady.

One of the "experts" on Sirius was talking about right or wrong Peyton will get votes b/c he was injured last year - despite the fact that there is a separate award for that.

That's essentially what most analysts are saying now.

Rather have Brady win SB MVP than MVP. But he should definitely get the MVP over Peyton, he has outplayed Manning, even against tougher teams.

That's essentially what most analysts are saying now.

I don't watch any of the fools on TV, but I am not surprised. Sirius is better (IMO), but not by much.

Hilarious! Harsh but it needed to be said.

I started a thread on this very topic last week, but it got instantly rolled into a damn "MVP" thread.

Darren Woodson of ESPN put Brady 1st Ap second and Manning third first media member I have seen actually getting it right.

In a perfect world MVP: Brady, CPOY: AP, OPOY: Brady, SMVP: Brady.

Close. Brady should also win CPOY. He overcame a SB loss and came back with a great season. Forehead couldn't do it.

Let's see how the rest of the season unfolds. QB's have an unfair advantage since their impact on a game is the most significant. That said, if Peterson goes over 2000 yards, let alone beating ****erson's record, I think it should go to him. I do think the INT stat should be the deciding factor between Brady and Manning but its such a baised award that I'm sure many voters will choose which stats they wish to use to support their case.
I don't think they announce the award until right around the Super bowl so it doesn't feel as significant.
A better scenario would be the 2 battling in the playoffs, AFC championship would be great, and let the outcome of that game settle it.

I love how the media always seems to ignore rushing touchdowns and fumbles by quarterbacks too. I'm surprised Skip Bayless actually pointed it out today on First Take that Brady has 0 fumbles, but still made no mention of the fact Tom has 3 rushing touchdowns.

I guess only RG3 and Cam Newton can have rushing touchdowns. If you're not a labeled dual rush QB, they don't count?

Rob Parker kept mentioning this morning on First Take, and for the past year, that Tom didn't score a touchdown in the AFC Championship last year....as if the winning touchdown on Tom's QB sneak where Ray Lewis re-arranged Tom's spine doesn't count at all.

WTF?

uh....gaa gaa goony goo goo...WGAS....

I love how the media always seems to ignore rushing touchdowns and fumbles by quarterbacks too. I'm surprised Skip Bayless actually pointed it out today on First Take that Brady has 0 fumbles, but still made no mention of the fact Tom has 3 rushing touchdowns.

I guess only RG3 and Cam Newton can have rushing touchdowns. If you're not a labeled dual rush QB, they don't count?

Rob Parker kept mentioning this morning on First Take, and for the past year, that Tom didn't score a touchdown in the AFC Championship last year....as if the winning touchdown on Tom's QB sneak where Ray Lewis re-arranged Tom's spine doesn't count at all.

WTF?

Rob Parker's bias is embarrassing. I love how they all call him out for being a Brady and Boston hater. Got some enjoyment out of him having to admit the Pats were playing well. :D

Rob Parker's bias is embarrassing. I love how they all call him out for being a Brady and Boston hater. Got some enjoyment out of him having to admit the Pats were playing well. :D

Parker also said that Brady keeps having all of these regular-season wins because he plays in the AFC East. I guess he never looked up Brady's record against the NFC.

Then again, he also made some asinine point about Brady having a 6-6 playoff record AFTER starting 10-0. He also neglected to mention that within that 6-6 record were two SB appearances, both of which he was one play away from winning.

He's a douchcanoe.

You mean the same arguments you make for the Watt, Rodgers, Gore, and Ryan yet you fail to apply to Manning?

:singing:

Ahhh.... but I didn't fail to apply them to Manning. That's where we went separate ways. I used your logic to point to other players in the Manning position and to argue as to why they'd be in the race. I didn't pretend that they were right up there at #1 or #2, though. That's what you did, with Manning. My top 4 didn't have any of the "same arguments" guys in it, and that went for the fivehead, as well as the likes of Gore.

Keep digging, though. You'll hit the Earth's core soon enough, at this rate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back