PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning will be named MVP in the biggest travesty in award history

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an idiot sando is. Brady has been in the mvp discussion all year...

Pretty clear Sando is pimpging EPSN's make pretend QBR stat. Kind of embarrassing.

Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Andrew Luck deserve awards - NFL.com

Oh great...another ****tard article on NFL.com picking Manning.

Idiot starts off with Manning being the sentimental pick and then follows it up by saying that Brady is being overlooked. ...

Bizarre. And this logic: "Before Manning signed with (the Broncos), they weren't even expected to be the best team in the division." You mean the defending division champs? The ones who won with Tim Tebow at QB? In a weak division? Who the heck was favored?

I think Manning's chances of MVP will really be decided by this weekend's game.

If Manning destroys the Ravens and by the end of the weekend,the Broncos are in the driver's seat for the bye while if Brady gets mauled by the Niners,then he has a chance to take hold of the award.

Agreed. Big weekend. Though I'd say at this point beating the Niners would be a bigger feat than beating Baltimore. Anyway, massive games for NE/Denv, then some relatively easy games for both. Would love to see some nice rain in Baltimore Sunday then maybe some cold and snow for those final two games (Browns, Chefs) in Denver.

Last edited:
It's easy to get away with that opinion because I back it up with facts.

Manning has better number than Rogers, and leads a team with a better record.

Gore isn't even in the top 5 in rushing:rolleyes: Marshawn Lynch is a better MVP candidate than Gore lol

And Watt may even not win the DPOY, which might go to Aldon Smith, who is close to breaking the sack record.

Matt Ryan has thrown 4 more INTS and 6 less TDs.

These are all facts.

The numbers are a mixed bag, and Rodgers has faced a much tougher schedule.

Gore isn't even in the top 5 in rushing:rolleyes: Marshawn Lynch is a better MVP candidate than Gore lol

I'm not sure what "top 5" is supposed to mean in the context of your comment. Lynch has a player in the running for ROY under center. Gore had a guy who got benched. Lynch and Gore have the same YPC, as well.

And Watt may even not win the DPOY, which might go to Aldon Smith, who is close to breaking the sack record.

Watt has 16.5 sacks himself, leads Smith in both tackles and assists, has great numbers in the TFL category, and is far and away the leader in batted passes.

Matt Ryan has thrown 4 more INTS and 6 less TDs.

Ryan's team has a better record, hasn't lost at home and has played a tougher schedule. And, again, Ryan won the head-to-head matchup.

These are all facts.

Indeed they were. They were often misleading and useless facts, but they were facts. The facts still don't support your claim, though, and they still support mine. Thanks for the opportunity to demonstrate that further.

I hate Rodgers more than anything but Rodgers has had a much tougher schedule and that Seahawks game was an actual travesty. Plus:

Rodgers: 29 TD's, 8 INT, 3297 YARDS, 103.7 RAT, 1 RUSH TD, 3 Fumbles lost.
Manning: 30 TD's, 10 INT, 3812 YARDS, 104 RAT, 0 RUSH TD, 2 Fumbles lost.

Like Brady, Rodgers and the Packers have had injuries and a bad defense.

This is what I see from the mediots and it is maddening:

"Tom Brady is playing so well right now and is probably being overlooked but he's still a close second to Peyton Manning."

It's like everyone acknowledges Brady is better but concedes that 'everyone else' will vote for Peyton. Well if everyone is admitting Brady is better why would you say that?

They are deferring to a crowd mentality that IMO, doesn't exist. It's like everyone agrees TB is a undeniable candidate but there's apparently nothing they can do to stop PM from winning.

I don't get it.

Last edited:
This is what I see from the mediots and it is maddening:

"Tom Brady is playing so well right now and is probably being overlooked but he's still a close second to Peyton Manning."

It's like everyone acknowledges Brady is better but concedes that 'everyone else' will vote for Peyton. Well if everyone is admitting Brady is better why would you say that?

They are deferring to a crowd mentality that IMO, doesn't exist. It's like everyone agrees TB is a undeniable candidate but there's apparently nothing they can do to stop PM from winning.

I don't get it.

Exactly. It's frustrating that even when Tom Brady's number do do the talking, he still isn't getting the props he deserves. Not sure what more the guy could do.

Exactly. It's frustrating that even when Tom Brady's number do do the talking, he still isn't getting the props he deserves. Not sure what more the guy could do.

He needs to get the bye....

th

By the way, anyone noticed who's tied with TFB for the league lead in Passer Rating? ...It's RGIII. Not adding him to the MVP discussion, but, wow, pretty impressive for a rookie, especially one with all the other sills he has. Gonna be quite a player if he doesn't get physically shredded by the league first.

The numbers are a mixed bag, and Rodgers has faced a much tougher schedule.

Doesn't change the fact that Rodgers numbers and his team W/L record is inferior to Manning.

I'm not sure what "top 5" is supposed to mean in the context of your comment. Lynch has a player in the running for ROY under center. Gore had a guy who got benched. Lynch and Gore have the same YPC, as well.

Top 5 RB ranking in yards gained. The Seahawks passing game ranks worse than the 49ers in Yards/Gained per game. And the 49ers defense is ranked higher than the Seahawks.

Watt has 16.5 sacks himself, leads Smith in both tackles and assists, has great numbers in the TFL category, and is far and away the leader in batted passes.

Smith will win the DPOY if he breaks the sack record, which is probably going to happen. Won't matter what other stat you'll throw out there.

Ryan's team has a better record, hasn't lost at home and has played a tougher schedule. And, again, Ryan won the head-to-head matchup.

Individual numbers favor Manning. Manning has done more to help his team (more TDs) and Ryan has done more to hurt his team (more INTS).

Indeed they were. They were often misleading and useless facts, but they were facts. The facts still don't support your claim, though, and they still support mine. Thanks for the opportunity to demonstrate that further.

Nice try.

Last edited:
By the way, anyone noticed who's tied with TFB for the league lead in Passer Rating? ...It's RGIII. Not adding him to the MVP discussion, but, wow, pretty impressive for a rookie, especially one with all the other sills he has. Gonna be quite a player if he doesn't get physically shredded by the league first.

I know ELI MANNING is 7th on the ESPN rankings, while RGIII is not on the list???

Doesn't change the fact that Rodgers numbers and his team W/L record is inferior to Manning.

Top 5 RB ranking in yards gained. The Seahawks passing game ranks worse than the 49ers in Yards/Gained per game. And the 49ers defense is ranked higher than the Seahawks.

Smith will win the DPOY if he breaks the sack record, which is probably going to happen. Won't matter what other stat you'll throw out there.

Individual numbers favor Manning. Manning has done more to help his team (more TDs) and Ryan has done more to hurt his team (more INTS).

Nice try.

Good comedy here, as well as deliberately false/misleading arguments attempting to buttress your claims, but it's nothing that hurts my case. Again, you made a claim, I demonstrated it's folly while pointing out the irony of your post. Thanks for that opportunity.

Last edited:

I'll end this argument with these two facts.

Watt sacked Manning. He didn't sack Brady.

:D :D

Last edited:
I hate Rodgers more than anything but Rodgers has had a much tougher schedule and that Seahawks game was an actual travesty. Plus:

Rodgers: 29 TD's, 8 INT, 3297 YARDS, 103.7 RAT, 1 RUSH TD, 3 Fumbles lost.
Manning: 30 TD's, 10 INT, 3812 YARDS, 104 RAT, 0 RUSH TD, 2 Fumbles lost.

Like Brady, Rodgers and the Packers have had injuries and a bad defense.

I was championing Rodgers at the midpoint, but here's the major reason he shouldn't be an MVP contender: 41 sacks. If he's thrown away the ball half those times, he'd have as many as Brady or Manning, with a much worse QB rating. I hate how sacks don't factor into the traditional QB rating formula- Big Ben is another one who stat line looks better because a sack does not show up on the stat line, while an incompletion is 0/1, 0.0 average. It makes no sense.

Good comedy here, as well as deliberately false/misleading arguments attempting to buttress your claims, but it's nothing that hurts my case. Again, you made a claim, I demonstrated it's folly while pointing out the irony of your post. Thanks for that opportunity.

The real comedy is the fact that you think Gore, Watt, Rodgers, and Ryan are somehow ahead of Manning in MVP considerations.

Especially Gore and Watt. LOL.

The real comedy is the fact that you think Gore, Watt, Rodgers, and Ryan are somehow ahead of Manning in MVP considerations.

Especially Gore and Watt. LOL.

No, the real comedy is that you can't see how they fit in the race according to your own Manning arguments.

It's been a pleasure hoisting you by your own petard, but I've got dinner plans, so I'll have to check for any further self-defeating posts of yours in this thread later.

Last edited:
1) Only idiots use a stat that includes Skip Bayless's opinion.:)

Sorry, had put a dig in on "QBR".

Yes, Peyton Manning will get the MVP. Good. I want a P.O.ed Brady. I'm amazed you don't.

But Alex Smith is up there as well!!

This brings us back to the days when Montana and Marino were shredding the league while Ken O'Brien was leading every year in passing rating.

No, the real comedy is that you can't see how they fit in the race according to your own Manning arguments.

It's been a pleasure hoisting you by your own petard, but I've got dinner plans, so I'll have to check for any further self-defeating posts of yours in this thread later.

You mean the same arguments you make for the Watt, Rodgers, Gore, and Ryan yet you fail to apply to Manning?

:singing:

I don't understand the legendary Manning story here:

Myth: He overcame a probable career-ending injury to return to the field.
Fact: He never did develop the nerve damage they feared, or he wouldn't be playing.

Myth: He was sent to the Denver Broncos, trying to claw the organization back into contention.
Fact: He was an NFL Free Agent, with only a few years remaining in his career. He had plenty of suitors, and he chose the best team to win now.

Myth: The Broncos stunk without Manning.
Fact: Who cares? They have some good offensive weapons and strong players across the board. They have a good defense. They didn't stink either- they made the playoffs and beat the Steelers last year with Tim Tebow. They still suck against good teams.

Myth: Peyton deserves the MVP because of his dramatic return from surgery.
Fact: Weird, in 2008, a guy named Chad Pennington was traded to the Miami Dolphins, where he put together an amazing season, taking the Dolphins from ONE win to ELEVEN wins. Pennington's return from injury gave him no MVP consideration, as voters were quick to point out that this is only relevant for Comeback Player of the Year. They were impressed by Manning's consistency and year-in-year-out brilliance. Ironically, this year Manning is Pennington and Brady is Manning. Confused? It doesn't matter- the point is that Manning will somehow, some way win MVP, just like he always does.

I could care less if Manning wins the MVP as long as we take home our 4th SB!!

I think TFB is with me on this too :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back