PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning will be named MVP in the biggest travesty in award history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuity? This season Manning has had a more continuous group on his offense than the Patriots with injuries and signings/releases.

Winning 8 straight games is impressive!! So is winning 7 straight while also beating playoff teams.

WTF?

Dude, before this year, he's never played with any of the guys he's playing now besides Stokley.

Brady, Ryan, Rogers, AP, and all these other guys have largely played with the same personnel for the past few years.

What's silly is your argument. Of course, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The irony of you belittling the candidacy of Gore and Watt while pimping Manning is truly beautiful stuff, too.

Haha, it's easy to get away with this opinion when you're in the comfort of other non-objective posters.:D

WTF?

Dude, before this year, he's never played with any of the guys he's playing now besides Stokley.

Brady, Ryan, Rogers, AP, and all these other guys have largely played with the same personnel for the past few years.

You think it's harder for Peyton *this year* to have played the same offense every week with the same receivers than for Tom Brady who changes his offense every week while missing 2 of his top receivers for most of the season?

Last edited:
Guys the Peyton Manning is 2-3 wins better than the legendary Tebow; a guy good enough to backup a guy good enough to be a backup QB on over half the teams in the league and even start for one! I think it's pretty clear that he deserves MVP.

Last edited:
Manning's numbers are similar to Brady's and he's doing it without the advantage of continuity that other leading MVP candidates have due to him playing with completely new teammates.

His team is 10-3 and while they did struggle earlier in the year just like the Pats did, they have won 8 in a row. You can't fault him for the opponents they've played during their current streak. Winning 8 straight games in the NFL is pretty damn impressive.

I'm partial to Brady, but this talk that Manning is behind Gore and Watt is silly. The idea that Manning winning the MVP would be a travesty as the premise of this thread suggests is even sillier.

In those 8 games, they've beaten teams with a cumulative winning percentage of .355. Their PPG has been 30.

The Patriots have won 7 straight, and in that time, they've beaten teams with a cumulative winning percentage of .527. Their PPG has been 41.

Brady has done this without Hernandez, Gronk & Edelman at various times. Not to mention without several starting offensive linemen.

You guys are all gonna be pretty sore when they name the award after Manning once he retires. Oh yeah, then the fix will be in to award it to Eli.

They love Peyton. Let them. Let him have it. Gimme the other trophy.

Guys the Peyton Manning is 2-3 wins better than the legendary Tebow; a guy good enough to backup a guy good enough to be a backup QB on over half the teams in the league and even start for one! I think it's pretty clear that he deserves MVP.

Also, Manning was somewhat better 2 years ago than Andrew Luck is now.

Haha, it's easy to get away with this opinion when you're in the comfort of other non-objective posters.:D

It's easy to get away with that opinion because I back it up with facts.

I am afraid that the OP is right; Vegas wouldn't set these odds so definitively unless the house felt it had some reliable information about the outcome.

P. Manning is truly deserving of consideration, but it's really disturbing that so many writers would have apparently already made up their minds; there's still a lot of football to be played over the next three weeks that could tilt a fair decision one way or another.

Thinking about Brady's legacy, clearly a fourth ring is the most important thing to cement it. But, a third MVP, vs. a fifth for Peyton, would be something that would forever be attached to his name. I really resent that these writers have already "awarded" it.

WTF?

How does that factor into the MVP? Does the Most Valuable Player of the season changed because of the difficulties they had in terms of health or adjusting to another team? Would Peyton be less valuable to the Broncos had he been playing there for the last 5 years? I don't get it.

The MVP award is the homecoming queen award of the NFL. It doesn't go to the guy who deserves it most in a lot of cases, but the guy who is the "prettiest" which means who is the better story and who has the better stats. Manning and his comeback is the better story.

Unfortunately for Manning, all he has proven thus far is that he can beat up on the Sisters of the Poor of the NFL and has yet to beat a good team other than maybe Cincy. They were crushed by Atlanta, Houston, and New England. And with Baltimore all banged up and switching OCs, they may not be tested this weekend either. The Broncos could be one and done in the playoffs depending on who they draw first.

But Manning getting yet another dog and pony show MVP award would soften the blow.

Last edited:
WTF?

You're forgetting Tamme as well.

But Brady's big guys the other night were Hernandez, Lloyd and Stallworth. Welker had an off game.

Plus, we've seen Brady roll when his only options were Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and Ben Watson.

another thing: Von Miller is also in Sando's MVP watch..Yeaaah media just wants to give it to Manning regardless if he has a dominant player
on the opposite side

In those 8 games, they've beaten teams with a cumulative winning percentage of .355. Their PPG has been 30.

The Patriots have won 7 straight, and in that time, they've beaten teams with a cumulative winning percentage of .527. Their PPG has been 41.

Brady has done this without Hernandez, Gronk & Edelman at various times. Not to mention without several starting offensive linemen.

I'm not arguing against Brady winning the MVP though...

I think Manning's chances of MVP will really be decided by this weekend's game.

If Manning destroys the Ravens and by the end of the weekend,the Broncos are in the driver's seat for the bye while if Brady gets mauled by the Niners,then he has a chance to take hold of the award.

Personally I think Adrian Peterson deserves it more than either of them,especially if he runs for over 2,000 yards with his former shattered knee,Peterson IS the heart and soul of the Vikings.

How does that factor into the MVP? Does the Most Valuable Player of the season changed because of the difficulties they had in terms of health or adjusting to another team? Would Peyton be less valuable to the Broncos had he been playing there for the last 5 years? I don't get it.

And if that's weighs in on the decision, shouldn't this award go to Luck? Seriously every argument that can be made for Manning over Brady goes doubly for Luck unless coming back from an injury is now a key criteria of MVP. As others have mentioned the media simply changes the criteria to fit Manning.

Do you even have to open this thread to know that all of these types of threads are filled with..."Who cares, I'd rather have the superbowl mvp" comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back