PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning went to Europe for stem cell tx on neck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this line of research is the source of the "Fetal Stem Cells".

Stem cells taken from the placenta or umbilical cord of newborns, provided the mother and father grant consent, is fine. Anything else is taboo, and ought not to be even under consideration. There is a very bright line here that should never be crossed.

FWIW, I support the use of stem cell therapy for injured players, as well as the use of HGH. Neither should be banned by the NFL as long as they are part of the rehabilitative therapy prescribed by the player's physician, and their use documented and monitored in the player's medical jacket.

respects,

When I heard this news I immediately thought of the fact that Peyton Manning's wife gave birth to twins in the last year and I wondered whether they used stem cells from them for this procedure. I have twins myself and right after I had them in 1998 at a teaching hospital, three medical students rushed into my room and breathlessly asked me if they could have the placentas for research, like they had just struck gold. It was kind of funny actually, as I am lying there all groggy, thinking "Holy crap, what have I just gotten myself into?"

I agree that stem cell research and HGH should be allowed for medical reasons. And I also think, based on the reports that the procedure didn't work anyway, that nothing will happen to Peyton Manning for trying it.

why should they be?

I even think it is Bullshi* how significantly hurt players are not allowed to rehabilitate/heal by using HGH. Hats off to Peyton. Stem-Cell research is the answer to so many ailments of the people of this world. Europe is MILES ahead of our pathetic country in stem-cell research. American bureaucracy ******s the the legitimacy of Stem Cell Research by not funding "Fetal Stem Cell Research" a branch that is so much more significant.

Fetal- stem cell research allows us scientists to tap in to the "egg" rather than the Chicken. Grown Human Beings represent the chickens in this analogy. Start from the begining not the end.

Peyton I hope you get the best fetal stem-cells available in Europe. There is GR8 promise in these procedures

You're blaming bureaucracy?

I support stem cell research. That has nothing to do with this. The NFL bans EVERYTHING. So how are stem cells ok? If HGH is banned by the NFL, stem cells should be also.

They are natural cells... it is nothing synthetic like Steroids and I believe HGH is synthetic as well.

Cells=fair game

ABSOLUTELY
Fetal Stem-Cell Research is banned in the States and our overall accomplishments in the Stem-cell field are LAUGHABLE when compared to Europe. We really havent accomplished much. Lets look at European Countries and their success

Imagine the implications.

Five years from now, an old, broken-down Tom Brady flies to Europe.

And what comes back?

A 22-year old 6th round draft pick, with all of Brady's accumulated knowledge and experience.

Fear the stem cells. :cool:

Last edited:

Stem cells taken from the placenta or umbilical cord of newborns, provided the mother and father grant consent, is fine. Anything else is taboo, and ought not to be even under consideration. There is a very bright line here that should never be crossed.

With all due respect, I believe the Patriots Fan Forum is NOT the proper venue for this particular issue.

I agree that stem cell research and HGH should be allowed for medical reasons. And I also think, based on the reports that the procedure didn't work anyway, that nothing will happen to Peyton Manning for trying it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL gave Peyton its "blessing" to do so ahead of time.

ABSOLUTELY
Fetal Stem-Cell Research is banned in the States and our overall accomplishments in the Stem-cell field are LAUGHABLE when compared to Europe. We really havent accomplished much. Lets look at European Countries and their success

ABSOLUTELY

I don't want to send this to the political forum, so I'll just say this:

You really should do some research on the subject.

With all due respect, I believe the Patriots Fan Forum is NOT the proper venue for this particular issue.

Gwedd didn't start this thread, nor the fetal stem-cell love-fest which followed;
he merely gave his very valid reason for opposing it.

That is your political view. Others disagree strongly.

They probably just needed to tighten up a few bolts.

The report is incomplete. Manning is actually having his neck and head regrown in a glass decanter in Europe and he flew there to donate the cells. It should take another 2-4 weeks but then he will have a completely new neck and head and they can simply lop off the old one around the shoulders and snap on the new model. The really good news is that the new set doesn't break when he gets hit it simply flies off and they can snap it back on.

Clearly Manning will be fine, the only question remaining is whether they induct his old neck and head into Canton or whether they go with the traditional bust.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I can envision a day when the brains of brilliant men can be kept alive in the bodies of dumb people."

-One internet dollar to Steve Martin-

That is your political view. Others disagree strongly.

Actually, it is my personal view. There are many who also strongly agree.

I don't want to send this to the political forum, so I'll just say this:

You really should do some research on the subject.

I am well rehearsed in the subject matter TY...:rolleyes: It is a FACT that their is opposition mostly on the right that WANT to protect the fetus. This is a CONFLICT within our 2 party system (Our Bureaucracy is Donkey and Elephant for the majority. The disagreements within this zoo ultimately represent "the Bureaucracy and their polarized views on the matter of fetal stem-cell research and other touchy issues I need not mention.

I BLAME the Bureaucracy of American politics and their inability to support scientific endeavors b/c of an erroneous Pro-Life defense. I FAVOR all stem cell research and we ****** our scientific community by not governmentaly funding Fetal Stem-cell research. I know in there is Private funding ,but it is extremely marginal

some one said Peyton's procedure failed??? is that true??> If so I am sorry to hear that. To reach the Zenith of our scientific potential we need explore all avenues of scientific research.

Ultimately stem-cells Should NOT be banned in Pro-Sports. We can naturally increase our own Stem-cell production by meditating and relaxation exercises w/ eyes closed and deep breathing plus imagery.

Why do ppl have to be against CELLS??? it is not synthetic HGH or synthetic Testosterone. Stem Cells are able to support any organ tissue nerve etc... but we are still in the process of making stemcells aimed primarily for specific organs tissues etc...

I really want this thread open b/c I think it is interesting to read peoples views on the subjects mentioned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back