PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning vs Brady, yes again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly enough, the year the Colts won the Super Bowl (2006 season) was the year he threw the fewest (9).

More ironically he threw 7 in the playoffs that year against only 3 TDs.

Didn't the article basically state that they were very similar in all other stats (by averages, not total volume). It was just the ints that stood out? I don't think it was the end-all-be-all of a single stat, the author was basically stating that the INTs was noticeably the most different (and INTs had a higher correlation to losing).

I'm talking about the first link. The second one is older and I've read it before and don't take issue with.

The first one basically says Manning has more INTs than Eli. Not sure why that matters. And not sure why the author selected 15-INTs as the "benchmark" for a lot of INTs. It's a stupid benchmark.

Then he talks about pick 6s thrown. Yeah, obviously, bad to throw them. But of the 4 names listed for most pick 6s thrown, 3 will be first-ballot HOFers. Some guys like Schaub will throw a lot of pick-6s, but they won't throw them for long before getting yanked. You have to have a long career to build up any negative stats. Brady has thrown fewer pick-6s. Then again, Jimmy G has thrown fewer than even Brady. It's a meaningless stat to point out.
Really, the bunch of funny Manningfaces was the highlight of the "article."

I just don't get the cut-off of 15 INTs and what it supposedly means. The article seems to imply it's a benchmark for a bad season, and Manning has 8 of them compared to 0 for Brady. It's an arbitrary point selected to highlight a difference between Manning and Brady. Brady has 3 14-INT seasons while throwing 50ish less passes those seasons, yet Manning gets called out for it. And never mind that he won the MVP award while throwing 15+ INTs in a season, as did Kurt Warner.

Cold Hard Football Facts has some good stuff, but this piece wasn't one of them.

None of this is intended to defend Manning over Brady. It's just to say that 15 INTs in a season by themselves mean absolutely nothing. It could be an MVP season like 2009 Manning or 2014 Andy Dalton's 17 TDs/15 INTs/up and down and all over the place season. You can't tell just by looking at the 15 INTs.

Red hearing. Now Aaron Rogers vs Brady? Sorry, not sure Tom wins.

Too bad nobody keeps stats of balls thrown that should have been picks but were dropped or the receiver played defender. That would be interesting, although highly subjective.

I'm talking about the first link. The second one is older and I've read it before and don't take issue with.

The first one basically says Manning has more INTs than Eli. Not sure why that matters. And not sure why the author selected 15-INTs as the "benchmark" for a lot of INTs. It's a stupid benchmark.

Then he talks about pick 6s thrown. Yeah, obviously, bad to throw them. But of the 4 names listed for most pick 6s thrown, 3 will be first-ballot HOFers. Some guys like Schaub will throw a lot of pick-6s, but they won't throw them for long before getting yanked. You have to have a long career to build up any negative stats. Brady has thrown fewer pick-6s. Then again, Jimmy G has thrown fewer than even Brady. It's a meaningless stat to point out.
Really, the bunch of funny Manningfaces was the highlight of the "article."

I just don't get the cut-off of 15 INTs and what it supposedly means. The article seems to imply it's a benchmark for a bad season, and Manning has 8 of them compared to 0 for Brady. It's an arbitrary point selected to highlight a difference between Manning and Brady. Brady has 3 14-INT seasons while throwing 50ish less passes those seasons, yet Manning gets called out for it. And never mind that he won the MVP award while throwing 15+ INTs in a season, as did Kurt Warner.

Cold Hard Football Facts has some good stuff, but this piece wasn't one of them.

None of this is intended to defend Manning over Brady. It's just to say that 15 INTs in a season by themselves mean absolutely nothing. It could be an MVP season like 2009 Manning or 2014 Andy Dalton's 17 TDs/15 INTs/up and down and all over the place season. You can't tell just by looking at the 15 INTs.
15 interceptions is not a good year. I'm not sure it makes the perfect cut off point, but it might be as good as any. I can't off the top of my head think of any modern era seasons in which a QB has thrown MORE than 15 picks and had what we'd consider to be a good season.

More ironically he threw 7 in the playoffs that year against only 3 TDs.
He was awful during those playoffs and the Colts won despite him not because of him. Kind of like Roethlisberger the first time he won the SB.

Does anyone have the dome/outdoors comparisons handy?

Red hearing. Now Aaron Rogers vs Brady? Sorry, not sure Tom wins.

Rodgers isn't even in the same sentence as Tom Brady yet in terms of GOAT talk. Maybe best qb this season, but not over their careers.

I have no idea why Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning is still a debate.

He was awful during those playoffs and the Colts won despite him not because of him. Kind of like Roethlisberger the first time he won the SB.

In fairness to PM, during that 2006 playoff run he faced the #1 (BAL), #2 (NE), #3 (CHI), #18 (KC) teams in defensive passer rating and even the Chiefs were 11th in point allowed and had Ty Law at CB who has 9 career INTs vs him.

Manning got his interceptions mostly under control after his fifth season. Makes sense, maturing QB and all that. Of course, after Brady's fifth season he had 3 rings.

Brady in the media after his initial 3 bowl burst..."he's gay!!~ metrosexual!! soft!! UGG wearer!! hides behind a supermodel! she hides his secret!! those kids are adopted!! she is worth millions and millions more! Pansy!! Crybaby!!!"

Manning in the media.. "Down to earth regular guy like us!! Mr Perfect! Every mother's son! Respectful down home values!"

now...which one would you say is the entitled, spoiled brat son of an NFL legend that pinned a woman doctor in his lockerroom with his nether regions and rubbed them up and own her face as she screamed for help that NEVER came?

You want me to go on??? I'll tear this phony aw shucks narcissist's fake public image to shreds that will rival the inside of his tissue paper neck.

Last edited:
Wow, I want you to go on! I never heard that before.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1486872/peyton-manning-sex-scandal-largely-forgotten-even-with-a-witness/

"
Naughright said that she was examining Peyton Manning to see why there was pain in one of his feet. While crouched behind him, Manning, “entirely unprovoked… decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright’s head and face.”

“It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the testicles and the area in between the testicles. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up,” Naughright said in the deposition.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1486872/pe...tten-even-with-a-witness/#6Gm4rifMgePUYqSr.99"

Aw, shucks...he was just "funnin' around"...scumbag

Thank you. I'm amazed yet not entirely surprised that I've never heard of this.

That really is the most amazing part, that many people have no idea that Manning assaulted that young woman and then laughed about it with dear old dad in a book. It shows the true power of the media.

No need to apologize for another Brady vs Manning thread (I put them in the correct order). Some of us like seeing people try to make the case for P6 over Brady. Soon they'll be extinct and we won't be able to see them.

The only thing that bothered me during the Brady/Manning "rivalry" was the huge advantage that P6 had by being moved out of the AFCE and into an all expansion team division, forcing us to have to go play playoff games in their rat-infested dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back