Welcome to PatsFans.com

Manning to Retire?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by ripatsfan91, Feb 17, 2014.

  1. ripatsfan91

    ripatsfan91 Rookie

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2013
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    32
    Ratings:
    +78 / 5 / -1

    Guy on twitter, Incarcerated Bob, reported that Peyton is leaning towards retirement. Not sure how credible it is, but he is also the guy who reported Manning would sign with the Broncos 48 hours before anyone else reported it. He claims the retirement news is coming from the same source who told him Peyton would sign with the broncos.

    Incarcerated Bob IBN @incarceratedbob
    **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Broncos (QB) Peyton Manning "Leaning" towards calling it a career. Wife & Kids big factor #Retirement #IBN

    What are your thoughts?

    Would make the path a whole lot easier to the SB next year for the pats!
  2. Sticky Caulk

    Sticky Caulk PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    494
    Likes Received:
    57
    Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -0

    #63 Jersey

    Incarcerated Bob has absolutely no credibility.
  3. JMC00

    JMC00 On the Roster

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2012
    Messages:
    3,000
    Likes Received:
    118
    Ratings:
    +304 / 5 / -7

    [​IMG]
  4. ripatsfan91

    ripatsfan91 Rookie

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2013
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    32
    Ratings:
    +78 / 5 / -1

    Just making sure guys, had never really heard of him before wanted to see what his credibility was like
  5. SB39

    SB39 On the Roster

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2010
    Messages:
    1,918
    Likes Received:
    189
    Ratings:
    +484 / 19 / -29

    The final 2 weeks before it was announced that Manning was going to the Broncos, it was ridiculously obvious that Manning was going to the Broncos, and just about everyone was predicting it.
    My thoughts are that the guy is just trying to make a name for himself by speculating on something when he has absolutely no more knowledge than any of us.

    He may be right but I don't for a second believe he has any more knowledge than any of us. IMHO, I gave Manning an 80% chance of coming back, 20% to retire.
  6. thenepatsrule

    thenepatsrule Rookie

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2007
    Messages:
    3,443
    Likes Received:
    6
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

    #12 Jersey


    Maybe Bob was paid by the NFL to stir up the pot so that the media has something to talk about. :D
  7. patsfan-1982

    patsfan-1982 Rookie

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2007
    Messages:
    4,045
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

    he only needs 18 TD's to brake the all time TD record no way in hell he retires I say he plays at lest two more seasons so he can get the all time yards record as well
  8. Gumby

    Gumby Rookie

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2004
    Messages:
    1,832
    Likes Received:
    9
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

    #11 Jersey


    Well, personally I think it would be best for him to retire and go out on top (well, his own personal top - getting to the SB, but not winning).

    But I didnt think Pey-me has it in him to quit before they are carting him off on a stretcher a la Theismann or a dr gives him a 100% no-go. AND then I read patsfan-82's comment.....gotta say for stat-hound like Pay-me; there doesnt seem to be any way he doesnt try one more year

    Between the stats, another shot at a SB, it seems like a given. plus once he retires 90% of those commercials and BSPN-love will shrivel up like a dried prune. ( When did you see the last Marino commercial). No matter what else; a guy doesnt do that many commercials unless HE WANTS HIS FACE ON THE TV.

    As to making life easier for Pats; Pay-me has nothing to do with that. The Patriots lost (in the AFCCG + the reg season games) because they were injury devestated (TE, WR, interior DL, CB) and they were missing a couple pieces (better center, better physical-safety, coverage LB); If they just had Talib the game in Denver or had beat Miami and kept homefield adv; they probably would have been the ones to .... (get the beat down at the meadowlands... oh well). But, regardless, they need those missing pieces to go all the way and Pay-me was NOT THE OBSTACLE to that goal. They were their own enemy and just not rebuilt enough yet.
  9. everlong

    everlong Rookie

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2007
    Messages:
    5,875
    Likes Received:
    87
    Ratings:
    +150 / 1 / -1

    #12 Jersey

    Incarcerated Bob and NE Insider are the same guy.

    I see zero chance Peyton goes out with that last game the final memory.
  10. Rob0729

    Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2006
    Messages:
    29,767
    Likes Received:
    233
    Ratings:
    +511 / 5 / -1


    At least NE Insider was smart enough to disappear after he bull**** didn't come true.
  11. Froob

    Froob Rookie

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2010
    Messages:
    4,919
    Likes Received:
    28
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -3

    #32 Jersey

    Would hate to see Peyton retire but, it would be funny if that was his final game. and yeah Bob is money he called the Vincent Jackson for Logan Mankins trade.
  12. TommyBrady12

    TommyBrady12 Rookie

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2008
    Messages:
    3,653
    Likes Received:
    64
    Ratings:
    +149 / 10 / -8

    #12 Jersey

    erika leigh agrees with incarcerated bob
  13. ThatllMoveTheChains!!!

    ThatllMoveTheChains!!! Rookie

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2011
    Messages:
    1,048
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    18*, laterals don't count.
  14. Brady6

    Brady6 On the Roster

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2013
    Messages:
    9,419
    Likes Received:
    342
    Ratings:
    +731 / 77 / -119

    #12 Jersey


    Bob is trying to add twitter followers.
  15. Tunescribe

    Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2004
    Messages:
    16,240
    Likes Received:
    232
    Ratings:
    +494 / 5 / -10

    #61 Jersey

    More yards, more touchdowns, more records = :rolleyes: .

    I would LOVE to see him retire.
  16. MassPats38

    MassPats38 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1,990
    Likes Received:
    17
    Ratings:
    +35 / 1 / -0

    #87 Jersey

    I cannot see him checking out after that loss. But I could see this as his last season, win or lose. He is showing the effects of age, and I suspect the risks will increase quickly with each passing year. I doubt he catches Favre on the all time yards list.

    I am not a fan of Manning, but I do believe as an NFL fan the game as a whole will lose something when he goes. Just as it will when Brady one day steps down. Love him or hate him, he certainly makes you want to watch.
  17. PP2

    PP2 Rookie

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2012
    Messages:
    2,726
    Likes Received:
    26
    Ratings:
    +112 / 3 / -3

    #12 Jersey

    I would be surprised if Peyton retires. If I were Peyton, I wouldn't want my worse game to be my last game ever.
  18. AndyJohnson

    AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    22,257
    Likes Received:
    105
    Ratings:
    +350 / 15 / -11

    Manning did say during SB week that he will meet with doctors and decide about playing more or retiring based upon the risks.
    Personally, I think he has one more one and done in him.
  19. Rob0729

    Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2006
    Messages:
    29,767
    Likes Received:
    233
    Ratings:
    +511 / 5 / -1

    I think guys like Manning and Brady are going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming from the game. Manning is clearly declining physically, but still is an elite QB. I can't see him not going for at least one more year.

    His window may be closed though. Looks like Decker is going to be gone. They may have to let Welker go and if he is back how much more of a decline does he go on? Moreno is likely gone and they gotta hope Ball can carry the load. Odds are good that their offense takes a decent step back next year.
  20. PatsWickedPissah

    PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2005
    Messages:
    23,100
    Likes Received:
    379
    Ratings:
    +851 / 8 / -10

    Disable Jersey

    Incarcerated Robert, erika leigh and NE Insider have zero credibility. Avoid them.

    I doubt Manning retires now.

    For retirement…
    1] Trump Card: Health issue if doctors say 2014 neck prognosis is dire. Unlikely in my opinion.

    2] Avoid further worsening "Legacy" with another one & done or more Pick 6s to lose SBs. Manning already owns the SB Pick 6 record. :)

    Against retirement…
    1] More all time regular season records in reach, career TDs and yardage. Knowing Manning, how can he walk away from this low hanging legacy fruit?

    2] Like Brady, Peyton actually loves his job playing football and likely will play as long as he's healthy & capable

Share This Page

unset ($sidebar_block_show); ?>