PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning throws some praise Brady's way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning bashing begins in 3.......2.........1.........

No bashing from me. Manning is one the Best QB's in the league. His body of work speaks for itself...but it's very classy of him to give Brady some props. I'm sure the admiration is mutual. I'm no fan of the Colts but I respect what they bring to the table.

This reminds me of the Chamberlain and Russell that will be talk about for years to come. This type of rivalry doesn't too often when you have two HOF QB's competing like this. Let's enjoy it.

No bashing from me. Manning is one the Best QB's in the league. His body of work speaks for itself...but it's very classy of him to give Brady some props. I'm sure the admiration is mutual. I'm no fan of the Colts but I respect what they bring to the table.

manning-brady=bird-magic ...respective teams and regions think their player is better and its normal

Why would we bash Manning?

Personally, my opinion of Peyton changed almost instantly with his United Way SNL spoof. Since then, I just can't work up the vitriol anymore. I don't like the Colts and will root for them to lose on the field, but Manning's all right in my book. Anyone that naturally funny has to be.

Besides, the offseason charade with Vick sort of spelled out what kind of person deserves to be bashed. It's not Manning, that's for sure.

Manning sucks.

I have a new found respect for Manning. I used to be annoyed by all the commercials he does, then I realized he's pouring millions of dollars into charities, now I understand why he needs the money. Oh ya, he's a hall of fame QB and it's great to be able to watch players like him and Brady battle. I remember wishing I could have watched Broadway Joe make his promise and follow through, that's football history. Well, with QB's like these 2, we're watching NFL history. The Pats are also making history all by themselves, it's great to be a fan !

more manning -pats related comments here

http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_1597_America's_Game:_The_2006_Colts.html

When it came time to turn things around, Manning said he took a page out of the Patriots playbook.

Manning watched the Patriots shred the Jets with a series of quick-strike passes in the wildcard round, a 37-16 New England victory. He said the Jets ran a number of defensive packages in that game quite similar to those used by the Ravens. So he employed many of the same offensive strategies as New England in Indy’s 15-6 win over Baltimore the following week in the divisional round.

“The Patriots did a lot of no-huddle stuff against the Jets, and really it worked,” said Manning. “This had some merit to it, this kind of plan. It’s a copy cat league, this NFL.”

I'm not surprised by the praise. These 2 are the best in the NFL right now and each are deserving of each other's kudos.

I am surprised by the stat I saw last night with Brady having the most completions for the first 100 passes of a season with 79. I thought Manning would have been up there as part of the old record. Seems like he completes 80% of his passes whenever I'm watching him on TV.

Terry

Manning bashing begins in 3.......2.........1.........

Let's remember, we may bust each other's balls about the other guy, but these 2 will go down as 2 of the greatest QB's to ever play, I'm sure their mutual respect for each other is off the charts. Manning's comment do not surprise me at all.

..... and if it comes down to it. If Colts fans and Patriots fans put down our homerism for 1 sec, I'm sure we admit that as fans we are fortunate to be able to be to be watching 2 of the greatest QB's in history play each week.

I'd also say that, The Patriots and the Colts are about the only quality product in this league right now. There is so much crap out there right now, that without this rivalry, it would be a pretty dull season.

Why would we bash Manning?

Personally, my opinion of Peyton changed almost instantly with his United Way SNL spoof. Since then, I just can't work up the vitriol anymore. I don't like the Colts and will root for them to lose on the field, but Manning's all right in my book. Anyone that naturally funny has to be.

Besides, the offseason charade with Vick sort of spelled out what kind of person deserves to be bashed. It's not Manning, that's for sure.

Funny, I kinda feel the same way.

I've always thought that Brady praised Manning way too much in the past. Nice to see Manning throwing some props at Brady for a change :)

You know how sometimes they say, if we played them "x" number of times, each team would win "x" number of games? Looks like they should employ that strategy here. Just have the Pats and Colts play a best of seven come January, and screw the playoffs. 3 @ Pats, 3 @ Colts, and 1in Arizona.

lots of good posts from pats fans in this thread

Pats fans, like all NFL fans are two-faced. They love you when you praise them and they hate you when you don't. All of a sudden Manning is the Man of the Year in our eyes, why? Because he said some nice things about Brady. We all know they are friends a long time ago. :rolleyes:

Pats fans, like all NFL fans are two-faced. They love you when you praise them and they hate you when you don't. All of a sudden Manning is the Man of the Year in our eyes, why? Because he said some nice things about Brady. We all know they are friends a long time ago. :rolleyes:

But in the end, who's fans aren't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing