PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning "sick" about Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Peyton's not always had a good press on here, but there are a good number of contributors who have always respected him for hsi achievements and his play, and I count myself among them.

So I was not surprised to read - in this Star notebook - that Manning is among those with something something sympathetic and sensible to say about the situation.

Presumably he, like most other QBs, lives with the knowledge of how fragile they are, and it's good to see him offering a sympathetic take on Brady's situation.

Good on him. He continues to rise in my estimation.

Yeah. He has really changed my opinion on him and the Colts in the past couple of weeks. What a classy guy.

I still hate him on the field though. :mad:

Yeah. He has really changed my opinion on him and the Colts in the past couple of weeks. What a classy guy.

I still hate him on the field though. :mad:
exactly my thoughts, though maybe,just maybe he is being diplomatic.........

peyton, despite throwing his olinemen under the bus, and yelling at receivers (every qb should, at times, do that- yell at their troops) has always been quite the ambassador for the nfl

here's a guy who keeps in touch with other qbs in the off season, and helps out new qbs

this guy personally called up drew brees and offered him help with his game, between the 03 and 04 season, after that, brees went on to have a 27/7 season , so whatever peyton said to him in the way of encouragment or tips with being an nfl qb, it really helped.

it pains me to admit it, being a chargers fan, but peyton's a good guy

i remember totally being on his side in the whole vanderjagt situation

i wonder how peyton's reached out to vince young, i'm sure he has

I knew he was a nice guy but I am annoyed by him more right now because he gets to be the best QB in the league by himself this year.:mad:

This is a relatively an 'old' story. I believe a thread has already been opened and enough have fawned over PM.

For the records, I admire and respect PM.:)

But TB rules! :D

Last edited:
I knew he was a nice guy but I am annoyed by him more right now because he gets to be the best QB in the league by himself this year.:mad:

Not if he keeps looking like he did last Sunday. Manning obviously wasn't himself- I heard that the antibiotic that he's taking has killed his appetite, and that he's lost 15 pounds because of it. Either way, that wasn't the real Peyton that was playing against the Bears. I hope for his sake that it's a short-term thing that won't hinder him all season as the NFL grind wears on.

Peyton's not always had a good press on here, but there are a good number of contributors who have always respected him for hsi achievements and his play, and I count myself among them.

So I was not surprised to read - in this Star notebook - that Manning is among those with something something sympathetic and sensible to say about the situation.

Presumably he, like most other QBs, lives with the knowledge of how fragile they are, and it's good to see him offering a sympathetic take on Brady's situation.

Good on him. He continues to rise in my estimation.
I think Peyton's a pretty nice guy and Colts' fans are, by and large, gracious, but I need to know the definition of "sick" before I buy this one.

exactly my thoughts, though maybe,just maybe he is being diplomatic.........

He and Brady (from what Brady has said) have a good relationship and understand each other. No diplomacy in his statements IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes