PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning showed class after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This could have been posted already but with 5 pages of posts from today, it's tough to sift through everything.

At his postgame press conference, the first thing he talked about was how classy the Patriots organization was from top to bottom. He mentioned how many players came up to him with congrats and wishing his team luck in the Super Bowl. THEN, he starts talking about being happy to be a Colt.

We all know he's put his foot in his mouth more than once but hearing him say that, when he said that, made me feel better after this game and makes me feel better about Peyton Manning.

I don't care what people think of him or what people think of me for saying this: No player with the amount of talent and love and dedication to the game that Manning has deserves to go his entire career without a shot at the big one, not to mention a VERY talented and humble player like Marvin Harrison. I'm obviously not saying I'm glad we lost to them but as a football fan, I simply can't feel bad that they finally get a shot at being #1.

I was also impressed with the things he said. Coming as it did after a week's worth of "the Patriots have no class" stories, I am sure that played a part in him emphasizing his own opinion. And it wasn't just the obligatory "we played a good opponent, we have a lot of respect for them" he made the effort to mention guys by name.

I think the fact that he and Brady are friends, and that they've always spoken highly of each other, helps.

Though OBVIOUSLY I'd rather see the Pat's there, I'm almost happy for Peyton. It would be nice to see the guy get his shot at a ring after so many stellar regular seasons. I don't buy into a lot of the negative stuff about Peyton, he's an insanely good quarterback (particularly in the Regular season), I think his commercials are funny and self-deprecating and I just can't bring myself to hate him.

He stepped it up yesterday and led his team to victory yesterday, and the Colts deserve to represent the AFC in the big dance. (wince)

I agree, that was classy by Manning but I can't help but wonder what he would of said if they had lost.

I wonder about Brady calling Manning on the phone last Monday.

I wonder if Manning called Brady today.

I guess they talked after the game.

Got a link for this? I looked around, but Id really like to see the exact interview. Watching the Pats since 83, I grew to have an ingrained hatred of Manning and the Colts. Id rather see the Lombardi stay in the AFC, but after the 4th quarter last night, I turned the TV off. Couldnt watch any more, didnt want to. Brady said he would like to see Peyton get the win, but I told my wife that I just couldnt root for the Colts. Id like to see that other side of Manning..

I don't have the whole thing, but here's a couple of quotes:
“I just gotta say what a class organization the New England Patriots have. What they’ve done in the NFL these past number of years has been nothing short of incredible. The way some of the players came up to me after the game and sent their best wishes, I really appreciate that. It says a lot about the players they have.”
"I really appreciated it, Tedy Bruschi came up, Kevin Faulk, and Tom [Brady] just wished me luck. I just apprecoated the class those guys demonstrated. They've beaten us and today we beat them."

Nice quote. Ive always said to my wife that Manning just needed to grow up. Looks like he finally got it. The Chargers game and the circus that followed afterwards really got me down. Anyone remember Rodney being voted dirtiest player in the NFL? Or did anyone see the article on ESPN a couple days ago that the Pats were the Yankees of the NFL? Im happy to see that Manning could appreciate what we have accomplished. I hope he does it. I really do. Its a shame that Marino never got that chance. Good for him. Looks like I'll have to tune in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back