Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
January 22nd, 2007
Class act
Posted by Albert Breer at 12:52 am

No matter the result, you gotta respect Peyton Manning for the class in which he handled this win. Here’s part of his opening statement for you:

“I just gotta say what a class organization the New England Patriots have. What they’ve done in the NFL these past number of years has been nothing short of incredible. The way some of the players came up to me after the game and sent their best wishes, I really appreciate that. It says a lot about the players they have.”
http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

But... but... but... LDT said we have no class!

It did seem like the postgame handshakes were especially warm, Belichick even hugged Tony Dungy.

I have to admit that his statements took some of the sting out of the loss. It makes it better that these two teams obviously respect each other and all that they've done. I already blabbed this in another post.

I'll still be rooting for the Bears to win the SB.

i appreciated that statement a lot from Manning, and I think he was trying to counter the whining statement from "supposedly" classiest player of the league.

it takes a classy player to recognize class..and Manning is one classy player
now if only the Colts will rid themselves from Polian..then they will be a classy organization top to bottom;)

Well he is a great QB , but cant stand the Ball washing the media gives him..

I hate it that I'm saying this:

But after this season I now have alot of respect for Manning. I still hate him on all those commercials, but I respect his game now and think he'll win his SB.

We're lucky in that we're getting to watch what might shake out as two of the best QBs to ever play the game.

I hate it that I'm saying this:

But after this season I now have alot of respect for Manning. I still hate him on all those commercials, but I respect his game now and think he'll win his SB.

We're lucky in that we're getting to watch what might shake out as two of the best QBs to ever play the game.

The Manning of 2003 and 2004 would not have won that game.

Some posters on Colts sites are biatching about Belichick's supposed cold-shouldering of Manning. did anyone get a sense of that. Otherwise I think these two teams handled themselves well yesterday. And hat's off to the Colts, magnanimous in victory.

I didn't see BB giving Manning the cold shoulder......i saw him spend quite a bit of time with Dungy (even laying on a hug). Colts fans need to relax and enjoy the win instead of turning into LT!

Some posters on Colts sites are biatching about Belichick's supposed cold-shouldering of Manning. did anyone get a sense of that. Otherwise I think these two teams handled themselves well yesterday. And hat's off to the Colts, magnanimous in victory.

I did see it, but I'm not sure BB ever saw Manning. Manning did attempt to approach BB and BB turned the other way. After the way the players acted toward each other and how BB and Dungy acted toward each other I couldn't imagine that BB would intentionally snub Manning.

I did see it, but I'm not sure BB ever saw Manning. Manning did attempt to approach BB and BB turned the other way. After the way the players acted toward each other and how BB and Dungy acted toward each other I couldn't imagine that BB would intentionally snub Manning.

manning mentioned in the an espn interview that BB, pioli all came up to wish to him...ask the colts board to see that interview

I fault BB. I mean, the guy has six hands. Why does he pretend he only has 2? Shesh, so two hands are occupied with Dungy. Couldn't he make the effort to shake hands with Manning?

Surprised to see BB show emotions with Dungy. We were one play away from the SB. That's how close this was. Troy gets the pass with about 2:30 to go and we can almost run out the clock. Thats how close this was.

Questions? There will always be. What ifs. The last scoring drive, Caldwell gets the correct interference call in the end zone that Harrison or Wayne get without question, and we score the TD not a FG. (He was mugged Mr. Pollian!)
Hobbs doesn't put up his arms on the Wayne interference call and it hits him in the back and no interference. Alexander doesn't get isolated on the last drive from his MLB position (safety?).The fumble into the endzone (o.k. we got one too). All and all, the first series in the third quarter killed us more than anything. We stop them it sets the tone. Dungy had them emotionally up to get that drive done. That set the rest of the game. It wore down the "D" both physically and emotionally. How could they keep as high as the first half? Good job Colts "D" on the second half, bad job Pats line for not stringing a good few runs toward the end of the game with almost 90 yards in the first half. Still, if Troy catches the third down if a great play was not made by Sanders, and we win.

I am with you all in this one. Go Bears! Keep Manning one step behind TB.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes