Welcome to PatsFans.com

manning postgame

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,624 / 13 / -10

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

2. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But... but... but... LDT said we have no class!

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It did seem like the postgame handshakes were especially warm, Belichick even hugged Tony Dungy.

4. artmis723

artmis723 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have to admit that his statements took some of the sting out of the loss. It makes it better that these two teams obviously respect each other and all that they've done. I already blabbed this in another post.

I'll still be rooting for the Bears to win the SB.

5. WestPat

WestPat Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i appreciated that statement a lot from Manning, and I think he was trying to counter the whining statement from "supposedly" classiest player of the league.

it takes a classy player to recognize class..and Manning is one classy player
    now if only the Colts will rid themselves from Polian..then they will be a classy organization top to bottom;)

6. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well he is a great QB , but cant stand the Ball washing the media gives him..

7. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I hate it that I'm saying this:

But after this season I now have alot of respect for Manning. I still hate him on all those commercials, but I respect his game now and think he'll win his SB.

We're lucky in that we're getting to watch what might shake out as two of the best QBs to ever play the game.

8. Oswlek

Oswlek Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,302 / 14 / -3

The Manning of 2003 and 2004 would not have won that game.

9. ironwasp

ironwasp Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Some posters on Colts sites are biatching about Belichick's supposed cold-shouldering of Manning. did anyone get a sense of that. Otherwise I think these two teams handled themselves well yesterday. And hat's off to the Colts, magnanimous in victory.

10. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

I didn't see BB giving Manning the cold shoulder......i saw him spend quite a bit of time with Dungy (even laying on a hug). Colts fans need to relax and enjoy the win instead of turning into LT!

11. jeffd

jeffd On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I did see it, but I'm not sure BB ever saw Manning. Manning did attempt to approach BB and BB turned the other way. After the way the players acted toward each other and how BB and Dungy acted toward each other I couldn't imagine that BB would intentionally snub Manning.

12. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,624 / 13 / -10

manning mentioned in the an espn interview that BB, pioli all came up to wish to him...ask the colts board to see that interview

13. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +185 / 14 / -3

I fault BB. I mean, the guy has six hands. Why does he pretend he only has 2? Shesh, so two hands are occupied with Dungy. Couldn't he make the effort to shake hands with Manning?

14. DW Toys

DW Toys In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -2

Surprised to see BB show emotions with Dungy. We were one play away from the SB. That's how close this was. Troy gets the pass with about 2:30 to go and we can almost run out the clock. Thats how close this was.

Questions? There will always be. What ifs. The last scoring drive, Caldwell gets the correct interference call in the end zone that Harrison or Wayne get without question, and we score the TD not a FG. (He was mugged Mr. Pollian!)
    Hobbs doesn't put up his arms on the Wayne interference call and it hits him in the back and no interference. Alexander doesn't get isolated on the last drive from his MLB position (safety?).The fumble into the endzone (o.k. we got one too). All and all, the first series in the third quarter killed us more than anything. We stop them it sets the tone. Dungy had them emotionally up to get that drive done. That set the rest of the game. It wore down the "D" both physically and emotionally. How could they keep as high as the first half? Good job Colts "D" on the second half, bad job Pats line for not stringing a good few runs toward the end of the game with almost 90 yards in the first half. Still, if Troy catches the third down if a great play was not made by Sanders, and we win.

I am with you all in this one. Go Bears! Keep Manning one step behind TB.
    DW Toys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.