PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning Over Brady For All Decade Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning's stats are better overall. He's thrown for over 4000 yards something like 8 or 9 times this decade. He's also pushed as the face of the NFL.

But Brady is just better. He's a better leader. He's better at doing more with less. He's FAR better in big games. He's just better at the intangible things that the truly great QB's have. The Brady/Manning debate got old a long time ago. Brady wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
if manning and brady were in a movie, manning would be the comedy sidekick.

So ridiculous. You don't put the Manning Face in over the best player in the league.

Manning's stats are better overall. He's thrown for over 4000 yards something like 8 or 9 times this decade. He's also pushed as the face of the NFL.

But Brady is just better. He's a better leader. He's better at doing more with less. He's FAR better in big games. He's just better at the intangible things that the truly great QB's have. The Brady/Manning debate got old a long time ago. Brady wins.
Indeed.:agree:

You forgot to mention that Brady has never voiced his displeasure over losing coaches, to the media! and god knows that boy has lost some coaches compared to Manning....

And has Brady ever thrown his teammates under the bus? Ever?

IMO, it's nonsense. But, there are those who would put Marino over Montana in the '80's on the basis of stats, even though Marino never won even one SB. I think that Smith is just trying to score clicks and viewers by playing to the haters and riling up Pats fans. I guess he's just another mediot trying to get air and web time. Too bad.

Head to head, the Patriots own the Colts.

Brady may not have had the constant stats Manning has, hes only played one year while Manning has played way more in a super power offense. I'm not going to say we don't have better talent than the Colts now, we do. But they once did as well. The way I look at it, Brady did more than what Manning did with the same level of support. It's going to be interesting to see how long Brady to Moss and co. will be effective for.

But C'mon. League MVP, 2 super bowl MVPs, TD record, perfect reg. season, 3 rings

3 MVPs, .500 post season W-L, 1 super bowl.

What sounds better?

If we want to say Manning is better because of yardage, that's because his defense sucked and he had to constantly chuck it, until about 2007. Ever since then "mysteriously" his stats went down. Coincidence? No, more like common sense. Just like what Brady did before him, he is putting up good, but nothing earth shattering stats.

It's very close. I respect the hell out of Manning and there's no opposing QB who scares me more. You can't go wrong with either or, but they both have real good stats, but Brady's W-L in the postseason is legendary.

Any of us who've seen the Colts play dozens of times over the last decade or so, and we all have, have obviously observed all that Manning does during a game interacting with his teammates on the sidelines. He doesnt. After every series, the guy goes back and sits on the bench and throws his nose in a collection of photos. He doesnt show support for the other players. He doesnt really interact much with his teammates. Hell, Marvin Harrison would walk to the other end of the bench, nowhere near Manning, and sit by himself the entire time. And that type of stuff may not factor in when youre playing Houston or Cleveland in the regular season. But when youve reached the playoffs, and teams are reaching for any and every edge they can find, the level of support players offer one another, the level of unity within the team, can elevate many a player. It clearly hasnt happened much over the years in Indy. And to that, you point straight to the leader. jmho.

God, what a bunch of nonsense. Doesn't interact with teammates? What should he be doing lol, sitting over there high fiving and patting them on the ass? This is like that BS about Kobe Bryant "having fun". Just nonsense that has nothing to do with anything.

And Peyton yelling at his teammates? Yeah, that was really unique. Have you guys ever watched an NFL film? I swear, I know some of you hate Manning, but sometimes the way you dissect and blow up ever little thing just makes me laugh.

As for Marvin, I worked in a restaurant next to the Dome for years. Marvin used to come in all the time. I've never seen the guy with anyone except his kid, and he always sat by himself and was a quiet reserved guy. He hardly ever said anything. He was always very quiet and very polite. He talked with the owner a little, but most he stayed to himself. By all accounts that's pretty much how Marvin is. Everyone (who knows anything about Marvin that is) knows that about Marvin.

Anyway this Team of the Decade or Player of the Decade stuff is all subjective. If you were a Colts fan you would love that Manning got the nod.

But Manning has had a better decade than Brady. Brady has had one year where his stats have been anywhere near Mannings, that's a fact. One year. He's only had what, 2 or 3 seasons where his rating was above 90? He's only played what, 7 seasons?

I'm just saying Manning stats, yardage, TD's, number of seasons, etc destroy Brady's.

You want to say Brady's team has been more successful? That's true. But Brady isn't the Patriots. The Pats won 11 games with a 7th round pick (who hadn't started since HS as you Pats fans are fond of telling everyone) last year.

11 games without Brady, that shows his team is pretty damn good.

And I know you all keep saying the Pats didn't have any offensive threats when Brady was winning those SB's (I would disagree) but he certainly had one hell of a defense and overall a great team.

I'm just saying both Manning and Brady are pretty good but it is funny how you guys act like it's no contest between Brady and Manning because Brady threw one more TD than Manning in 2007.

Most of the rest of the years Manning threw more TD's, for more yards, had a better rating etc, so why exactly is that one year/and one TD proof that Brady is better? The answer is it isn't unless you're a Pats fan.

The Pats won 11 last year without Brady, now honestly how many games do you think the Colts would win without Manning? This should be interesting.

BigtimeColtsfan.. how you can say Manning has had a better decade than Brady is paramount to the failure of your postings. Manning has had a statistically superior decade to Brady in some passing statistics, but Brady has had a better decade as a football player.

But Manning has had a better decade than Brady. Brady has had one year where his stats have been anywhere near Mannings, that's a fact.
Super Bowls > Stats.
One year. He's only had what, 2 or 3 seasons where his rating was above 90? He's only played what, 7 seasons?
And Peyton's only had what, 1 season where he won a Super Bowl? He's been playin like what, 12 seasons?

I'm just saying Manning stats, yardage, TD's, number of seasons, etc destroy Brady's.
Maybe in the regular season. And how are Peaty-poo's postseason stats?

You want to say Brady's team has been more successful? That's true. But Brady isn't the Patriots. The Pats won 11 games with a 7th round pick (who hadn't started since HS as you Pats fans are fond of telling everyone) last year.

11 games without Brady, that shows his team is pretty damn good.
Matt Cassell - 11 - 5
Tom Brady 16 - 0

And with the same team that was basically the same.

Which one's better?

And I know you all keep saying the Pats didn't have any offensive threats when Brady was winning those SB's (I would disagree)
So who else, other than Dillon, was an offensive threat?

but he certainly had one hell of a defense and overall a great team.
Yeah, just like a lot of the greatest QBs.

I'm just saying both Manning and Brady are pretty good but it is funny how you guys act like it's no contest between Brady and Manning because Brady threw one more TD than Manning in 2007.

Most of the rest of the years Manning threw more TD's, for more yards, had a better rating etc, so why exactly is that one year/and one TD proof that Brady is better? The answer is it isn't unless you're a Pats fan.
I want you to look at this thing called a "postseason."

The Pats won 11 last year without Brady, now honestly how many games do you think the Colts would win without Manning? This should be interesting.

All I get with that sentence is that Jim Sorgi is just a horrible horrible quarterback.

That's not Tom Brady's fault.

You/Peaty-poo = fail.

Last edited:
Michael Smith prefaced his comments by saying he was being somewhat the contrarian.

And that is where I lost interest in anything further he had to say; he's taking the old contrarian tact on this one, yawn.

Far be it for a guy with Boston connections to come out and say Brady should be on the all decade team, then he'd look like a Boston ballwasher.

They're not called Mediots for nothing............

Last edited:
Super Bowls > Stats.

And Peyton's only had what, 1 season where he won a Super Bowl? He's been playin like what, 12 seasons?

Maybe in the regular season. And how are Peaty-poo's postseason stats?

Matt Cassell - 11 - 5
Tom Brady 16 - 0

And with the same team that was basically the same.

Which one's better?

So who else, other than Dillon, was an offensive threat?

Yeah, just like a lot of the greatest QBs.

I want you to look at this thing called a "postseason."

All I get with that sentence is that Jim Sorgi is just a horrible horrible quarterback.

That's not Tom Brady's fault.

You/Peaty-poo = fail.

BigtimeB*tchslap!

Last edited:
This whole Brady/Manning debate is so played out. Manning has off the charts regular season numbers, good for him, good for Colts fans.

Brady has 3 rings, Manning has 1.

That is all I really care about.

The Mannings, Marinos, Fouts, etc, etc of the world do not have the hardware and the last time I checked, that is the ultimate reason to play a team sport.

Brady set records in 2007 and did not win a ring, so in the end, who cares.

This tit for tat, Manning vs Brady, Colts fans vs Patriots fans back and forth is pointless.

Not that there's anything wrong with the tit part of it.............

This whole Brady/Manning debate is so played out. Manning has off the charts regular season numbers, good for him, good for Colts fans.

Brady has 3 rings, Manning has 1.

That is all I really care about.

The Mannings, Marinos, Fouts, etc, etc of the world do not have the hardware and the last time I checked, that is the ultimate reason to play a team sport.

Brady set records in 2007 and did not win a ring, so in the end, who cares.

This tit for tat, Manning vs Brady, Colts fans vs Patriots fans back and forth is pointless.

Not that there's anything wrong with the tit part of it.............

Years back, when there still might have been some doubt about who was better, CHFF put out an article comparing the Brady/Manning numbers adjusted for indoors/outdoors. Brady was basically even with Manning indoors and crushed him outdoors, as I recall.

I don't want belittle Manning, because being the second best QB of the decade isn't exactly a bad thing, but Colts fans really need to just accept that Manning's not #1, and move forward being content with that. Manning's given them plenty of great memories, and he'll give them more before he's done. That just needs to be enough for them.

I think Tom Brady is the better QB and if I had to pick one player to start a must win game it would be Brady. However, to think that Manning wouldn't at least be in the conversation is dumb. I think this debate is played out and the reality is there is a Brady camp and a Manning camp. Neither one will ever consider conceding anything to the other, I think this is crazy. Again, I think Brady is the better football player but to think its a "slamdunk" that he is that much better than Manning is foolish. It really shows blatant homerism and a lack of objective football intelligence.

Side note: I am aware this is a Patriots Fan message board, I am a Patriots fan, and despite the previous ramblings I actually f-ing hate Peyton.

I don't want belittle Manning, because being the second best QB of the decade isn't exactly a bad thing, but Colts fans really need to just accept that Manning's not #1, and move forward being content with that. Manning's given them plenty of great memories, and he'll give them more before he's done. That just needs to be enough for them.

Agreed.

I really don't see how you as a fan can get all torked off that your QB should be viewed as the best due to stats when it's a team sport and the ultimate goal is winning championships.

It's like being a fan of one golfer who is a record setter for hitting the ball off the tee and for making the worlds longest putt, but he's won one tournament his whole life vs a guy like Tiger Woods.

In the end, it's all about the rings. It's like a conversation about Marino; "He's the best QB of his era, had a cannon for an arm, set all kinds of TD records and yardage records and is a first ballot HOF QB..................................................................but he never won a Super Bowl."

If Manning had won three to this point as did Brady, maybe you'd have a point as a Colts fan.

But he has not and you do not.

Last edited:
In my opinion Manning's trump card was all the stats - the passing yardage, touchdown records, etcetera - and when the Colts won the Super Bowl although Brady still had three rings to Peyton's one, the debate intensified.

But after the 2007 season the 'look at Peyton's numbers' rationale in this debate was no longer valid. Even when taking the homer glasses off, Brady wins this argument since the Manning defenders can longer fall back on stats.

As for Michael Smith, go easy on him. He practically says that he was told that he had to defend one side of a debate regardless of his own belief on the issue. It's just espn doing what they do best: stirring the pot in order to create controversy, which leads to more readers, viewers, web hits, better ratings, higher ad rates, and happy investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back