PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning no Brady -good read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HILARIOUS!!:D

Then the playoffs come, and Stat Boy becomes the incredible shrinking quarterback. In big game after big game, his jockstrap tightened as the competition became more intense, whether it was at the University of Tennessee, or in the postseason last year against the Steelers, a game he had no business losing.

Bwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa :rofl:

Yup. I've already added that one to my permanent collection (seriously!).

Last edited:
I get a kick from the Manning defenders and the Brady bashers. They all say that Brady had a great defense, and Mannings defense sucked, blah blah blah. Yet Manning's defense didn't throw those INT's, and Brady's defense didn't lead the offense down field with the clock ticking down, to get in position for Super Bowl winning TD's. Brady has come up big in 10 out of 11 playoff games, Manning has choked in all his big games, going back to college. Manning has also had Marvin Harrison to throw to, and Edgerrin James to run the ball. Brady has had, some decent receiver in Brown, Branch and Givens, but none of them are Marvin Harrison.

You can read all the Manning vs. Brady posts....the bottom line is....Manning can be rattled.

When is the last time you saw Brady lose his stuff come nut-cuttin' time?

Brings and early morning smile to my face, love the term "stat-boy", after he is just a boy now isn't he???

that was too good, although he may hold the records and stats it all comes down to the playoffs and we all know in any sport if you cant win when it matters then you cant win at all

Some good quotes I liked:

Manning and Brady are both intelligent. They both work hard. They study more film than Spielberg. The difference is that there is no silver spoon with Brady. He does not come from NFL family royalty. Brady has had to work hard for every little thing he has gotten.

"All week before the Jets game I'm like, '(No.) 18, we're going to handle it, me and you we're going to win this game.' And he's like, 'Yeah, yeah, OK,'" Vanderjagt said. "And I'm like, 'Peyton, show some enthusiasm, you're the quarterback and we need to win this game.' I just don't see it from him."

But wasn't Vanderjagt right?

Great read, thanks!:rocker:

Captain Cliche said:
You can read all the Manning vs. Brady posts....the bottom line is....Manning can be rattled.

When is the last time you saw Brady lose his stuff come nut-cuttin' time?

Denver, January '06. As much as it pains me to say it.

Stat-boy, gotta love it! Great read! Thanks for posting.

DefenseRules said:
HILARIOUS!!:D

Bwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa :rofl:

:mellow:

10 characters

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoodie said:
It started before that, but yes, it was a tragic season and I'm glad he got PO'd at himself and intensified his off-season approach. Hopefully, he will be more patient working within the system and not try to do it all himself again. This WR corps could be another blessing in disguise forcing him to play under control.

granted, there have been some chinks in the armor.

that being said, it's not exactly a shock...this guy has been a writer for both the pats and the jaguars. he's not exactly unbiased.

WV-Colt said:
further proof he's still a homer when it comes to the pats

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9620047

"Homer"? Nice link. I see nothing in that article that smacks of "homerism" at all. He is just relating that Kraft turned around the team from bottom of the league to one that sells out and has now won multiple championships. He does not make any predictions or make any outragious statements, just facts. It is about the PAST and what Kraft has done. Now if you want "homers" look up any article on the Colts and you will find that as they brag about...about...about....well lets just say that every Colts success story has the word IF in it a lot.

WV-Colt said:
granted, there have been some chinks in the armor.

that being said, it's not exactly a shock...this guy has been a writer for both the pats and the jaguars. he's not exactly unbiased.

Since when did the facts and truth become homerism????:confused: :rolleyes:

Hoodie said:

You mean the game where no matter what the Patriots did, the refs were not going to let them win. The same weekend that we watched Pittsburgh beat the snot out of Indy despite the refs every effort to litteraly carry Indy to the SB.

Last years playoffs should have an (*) next to any team that played with an attached apology from the NFL for fixing the entire championships.

Sorry, its just that everytime I think of last years playoffs. My blood pressure goes up to unsafe levels.

Thanks for sharing. There are so many mediots blowing Peyton's knob, it's about time somebody noticed "Stat boy's" deficiencies when it comes to the playoffs. Hey if you can receive praise for breaking regular season records it's more than fair you receive criticism for continually choking when it comes to the games that count for all the marbles.

This year goes doubly I think. Now we get to find out if Peyton made James look that good or whether it was vice versa. He has his premier receivers locked up in Harrison and Wayne already. Now there's no more room for excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes