PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning Making 10 Million a Year Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortLauderdaleBroncosFan

On the Roster
Reaction score
Not for playing football but from endorsements (ESPN reported), mostly from his TV ads I'd imagine. They said he's far more marketable than Vick or Brady.

10 million a year for making stupid TV commercials, what a life!

I saw that episode of Outside the Lines too.

They also said Manning is most willing to do commercials and aggressive to get the jobs. He currently has five commercials on TV right now.

And most of them suck after the first 2 times you see it and then you see the crap about 15 more times. Remember the cheesy beard ad? UGH they showed that like every commercial of a game, it made me sick. Ever since the cut that meat ads, nothing from Manning has been funny.

Brady

I am not sure Manning is really intrinsically more marketable, but he certainly has people marketing him more aggressively than Brady (and is willing to do more stupid commercials than Brady is).

Endorsement agreements for Patriots seem to go primarily through the team, which is why Brady commercials usually are for Patriots corporate sponsors and also feature other Patriots members. I seem to recall hearing the standard Patriots contract says the Patriots have some control over endorsements, and that may explain a lot.

If Brady really does intend to go into politics someday -- as some have said but no idea if it's true -- he's wise to limit endorsements anyway.

By the way, I have to laugh when the only endorsement I see regularly from Big Ben is a big plastic wall hanging of himself. Such marketing power at work!

I don't blame him by being a capitalist... If I had the chance to rake that kind of moolah... I'd obviously do it.

I don't like him though...

I think this fact is more indicative of how important winning is to Brady. Lets say Brady is only half as marketable as Peyton (which is probably not true. He's probably twice as marketable). That means Brady is turning down 5 million dollars a year to be the best qb he can be and give his team the best chance to win a superbowl. Not many people can say they would turn down that kind of money. I for one would not. I love our QB (in a complete heterosexual man crush sort of way).

FSUPatsFan said:
I think this fact is more indicative of how important winning is to Brady. Lets say Brady is only half as marketable as Peyton (which is probably not true. He's probably twice as marketable). That means Brady is turning down 5 million dollars a year to be the best qb he can be and give his team the best chance to win a superbowl. Not many people can say they would turn down that kind of money. I for one would not. I love our QB (in a complete heterosexual man crush sort of way).

Are you saying doing commercials effects how good of a player you are?

workhorse said:

No. I'm saying that Brady does not want to spend his time doing commercials because he'd rather spend his time in the gym or watching film. I'm not just making this up either. If you watched MNF the announcers were ballwashing him for a half-hour b/c of it. Brady is working on becoming a better player by NOT doing commercials.

workhorse said:

Brady has said that exact thing...that he doesn't want to take the time away from studying the other team to do commercials - "every day I spend on that is a day I can't do film work and be with my friends and family" (not exact words but close enough)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes