PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning lays another playoff egg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that many posters are forgetting that the colts easily beat the #2 seed, the team rated by all as the #2 or #3 best team in football.

Five field goals to two is easy?

Manning laid an egg individually. The Ravens offense picked him up for the win.:p

Peyton helped put his team in scoring position 5 different time. Adam did his job as normal. Peyton followed the gameplan well as the running game was solid and caught the defense off guard. There was no need to try to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs. The gameplan got the W. No egg was laid. The Colts advance. It is that simple.

I also don't think Manning will have three bad games in a row, playoffs or not.

I'm just more amazed by the Colts D.

Imagine how sick you have to be as a Ravens fan right now? The D plays great, no TDs, Manning has a bad game, and they lose to the COLTS at home, of all teams. Tough loss.

Imagine how sick you have to be as a Ravens fan right now? The D plays great, no TDs, Manning has a bad game, and they lose to the COLTS at home, of all teams. Tough loss.

What's so amazing about a bad defense beating up on an even worse offense?

Peyton helped put his team in scoring position 5 different time. Adam did his job as normal. Peyton followed the gameplan well as the running game was solid and caught the defense off guard. There was no need to try to throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs. The gameplan got the W. No egg was laid. The Colts advance. It is that simple.

If a 39 rating with two picks (should have been four) isn't laying an egg, then I've never seen one.

The Ravens O is bad. Very bad.

Last edited:
I don't think Manning followed the game plan very well actually, he had a bad game, I think that's OK to say. Just as there have been games where Manning has bailed out the defense, the D bailed him out, like a good team will do.

If they can put together a good D and good QB play next week, they will be tough for whoever they face to beat.

If a 39 rating with two picks (should have been four) isn't laying an egg, then I've never seen one.

Give me a break. When are you guys going to get it? It is not about the freaking stats. It is about who plays next week. Peyton did not playt a perfect game but he got his team to victory lane. Thats all that matters.

What's so amazing about a bad defense beating up on an even worse offense?
Did you predict this would happen? I didn't. I didn't think the Ravens offense was all that great, but I thought last week's performance by the Colts D was a fluke, and I didn't think they'd be able to put together back to back performances like this. Considering all the criticism they were getting, and the fact that they were on the road against the number two seed, that is an amazing performance, IMO.

I don't think Manning followed the game plan very well actually, he had a bad game, I think that's OK to say. Just as there have been games where Manning has bailed out the defense, the D bailed him out, like a good team will do.

If they can put together a good D and good QB play next week, they will be tough for whoever they face to beat.

No offense, but it doesn't really matter what you think about Manning's gameplan. After the game multiple Colts players said the team followed the gameplan well. I will take their word over what you think to be right.

Give me a break. When are you guys going to get it? It is not about the freaking stats. It is about who plays next week. Peyton did not playt a perfect game but he got his team to victory lane. Thats all that matters.
Of course a 'W' is all that matters, I'm sure Manning wouldn't change a great game by him in exchange for a loss. But it's also not wrong to say that he played badly. He did. He could turn around next week and play spectacular, but it wasn't the "gameplan" to throw two picks and have no TDs.

Of course a 'W' is all that matters, I'm sure Manning wouldn't change a great game by him in exchange for a loss. But it's also not wrong to say that he played badly. He did. He could turn around next week and play spectacular, but it wasn't the "gameplan" to throw two picks and have no TDs.

Seriously.

No offense, but it doesn't really matter what you think about Manning's gameplan. After the game multiple Colts players said the team followed the gameplan well. I will take their word over what you think to be right.
Well, OK, that's fine we'll just disagree then.

Mistake free football is always in the gameplam. I didn't say that it was wrong to say he played badly. I said he did what he needed to do to win. That is all that matters. It is totally useless to say he had a bad game. So freaking what if your right. Is he playing next week? Are you?

Mistake free football is always in the gameplam. I didn't say that it was wrong to say he played badly. I said he did what he needed to do to win. That is all that matters. It is totally useless to say he had a bad game. So freaking what if your right. Is he playing next week? Are you?
I think we're arguing past each other now, and are basically saying the same thing.

1. Manning had a bad game.
2. The Colts won the game.
3. No, I am not playing next week. Peyton's got me there.

I think we're arguing past each other now, and are basically saying the same thing.

1. Manning had a bad game.
2. The Colts won the game.
3. No, I am not playing next week. Peyton's got me there.

1. A playoff win is NEVER a bad game no matter what the stats say. A W is a W.
2. Yes the Colts won. I don't want to face them in Indi. It would have been eaisier to beat the Ravens.

Totally useless? So what, we shouldn't evaluate players based on their performances? He didn't do what he needed to, to get the win, his team did. Sometimes, that applies to every quarterback, including ours, of that I have no doubt. But it's pretty damn curious that it always seems to apply to Manning in the playoffs, when his team wins, that is.

Totally useless? So what, we shouldn't evaluate players based on their performances? He didn't do what he needed to, to get the win, his team did. Sometimes, that applies to every quarterback, including ours, of that I have no doubt. But it's pretty damn curious that it always seems to apply to Manning in the playoffs, when his team wins, that is.

Ya it is too bad some cannot evaluate a player according to how he and his team did in the playoffs with a WIN. He did do enough to win. He helped get Adam the ball 5 times. Who else threw the 14 yard pass to seal the deal? That must have been Dungy wearing #18. MY BAD.

139 with a loss is worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back