PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning is overrated [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats Fan in Indy

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I have been tossing this idea around for a few weeks now... does anyone think that Peyton Manning is in decline? I mean, if you look at his stats, they're not that impressive... AND, he's almost 32 years old.

Just thinking out loud... somewhat.

Manning is overrated

Without his recievers the guy is average. Brady perfromed through team injurys and throwing to scrubs. manning would be horrible if he had last years recievers.

Last edited:
Re: Manning is overrated

I never agreed with this in the past, but... I dunno. He's certainly sucked since Harrison went out, but that could just be small sample size. I think we're going to see a lot more of Manning sans Harrison, though, so we'll see shortly.

Re: Manning

no, he is not in decline...but it is plain to see from this San Diego game, he cant function with out Harrison and Clark...he misses his binky

I don't know, I'll stick with my original thought and say he's in decline.

the way the game is going... he looks like 'mediocre manning'....

Did Brady suck when he threw 4 INT's against the Colts last year? Don't have a double standard now.

I'm sure Colts fans said so. Reggie Wayne and Joseph Addai are far and away better than anything the Patriots had on the roster last year.

Did Brady suck when he threw 4 INT's against the Colts last year? Don't have a double standard now.

Yeah but Manning is playing the Chargers right now. I know that used to mean something, but c'mon...

We're just seeing what Manning is like with an average receiving group. Frankly, it's just further proof Brady is lightyears ahead of him.

Manning isn't overrated. Although I hate goober.....he is a HOF QB.

Phillip Rivers is the epitome of overrated.

when I say that Manning is in decline, I'm just saying that he's not as good as his 49 TD year, or even last year. He's still a great QB... not the best in the NFL anymore though. 2nd best. Peyton Manning used to scare the crap out of me. I remember thinking that 3rd and 20 still wasn't safe, and being afriad that he'd get the first down. Not so much anymore.

Imagine if he had Caldwell and Gaffney instead of his current receivers, he'd have more INTs than TDs!

Manning has to be overated. No human could actually be as good as the media makes him out to be.

Manning isn't overrated. Although I hate goober.....he is a HOF QB.

Phillip Rivers is the epitome of overrated.

Co-sign. Manning is having an off nite is all. I think the Pats game and injuries are taking its toll.

Manning is an amazing QB. He's having a bad game, with backup skill players. Brady has had 4 INT games, before and including the "Caldwell and Gaffney" year.

If he starts doing this every week from here on out, I'll be here to agree with you. Until then, just chalk it up to a bad game.

I have been tossing this idea around for a few weeks now... does anyone think that Peyton Manning is in decline? I mean, if you look at his stats, they're not that impressive... AND, he's almost 32 years old.

Just thinking out loud... somewhat.
Well, at least I think we do now understand what 2004 was all about. He had no choice but continue to pile up the stats because their defense was so bad, he had to. So now that Indy does have a decent defense, he doesn't need to put up ludicrous numbers any more, but is this enough to explain your observation?

Brady has had 4 INT games

Yes, but not while having to watch one of his TV commercials every damn break throughout the game, and while being told repeatedly by every announcer in sports how he is "the best".

This is part of the contempt some people have for Manning... is we were told before he ever threw a pass in the NFL that "he is the best".

Its annoying, plain and simple. IMO, if Manning wants to make a bazillion dolars doing ever commercial thats offered him, and play along with his annointed god hood status... then he also has to put up with having to live up to that standard.

All Brady ever claimed to be was one member of the New England Patriots.

Of course he's not overrated. But it sure is fun to watch him throw 5 INTs:D

BTW, I predicted that the Colts would lose this game after having to play such an emotional hyped up game againt the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back