PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning is great, the Patriots are greater

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChockBlkr

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Peyton Manning gave the single best performance that I've ever seen from not only him but any quarterback. His receivers played like they weren't even being covered. His line, with few exceptions, gave him plenty of time and room to throw. Even his defense played well, causing 5 turnovers on the night. The Colts were great.
Tom Brady, tips, drops, whatever you want to say, didn't play a perfect game. The running backs ( fumble, tips, drops) didn't have their best game as a group. The secondary seemed to feel that they had to give a 5 yard cushion to all Colts receivers at all times, even in the end zone. The Patriots had their second worse game of the year to this point.
All that being said, it was still a 7 point game with the Patriots driving to score at the end. That game could have and should have been a blowout, but it wasn't. I think we have a very solid team this year and if everyone starts executing well and their talents are better utilized, then this team will go far.

ChockBlkr said:
Peyton Manning gave the single best performance that I've ever seen from not only him but any quarterback. His receivers played like they weren't even being covered. His line, with few exceptions, gave him plenty of time and room to throw. Even his defense played well, causing 5 turnovers on the night. The Colts were great.
Tom Brady, tips, drops, whatever you want to say, didn't play a perfect game. The running backs ( fumble, tips, drops) didn't have their best game as a group. The secondary seemed to feel that they had to give a 5 yard cushion to all Colts receivers at all times, even in the end zone. The Patriots had their second worse game of the year to this point.
All that being said, it was still a 7 point game with the Patriots driving to score at the end. That game could have and should have been a blowout, but it wasn't. I think we have a very solid team this year and if everyone starts executing well and their talents are better utilized, then this team will go far.

The patriots have won so many games in last 4 yrs where people coudlve said ,the other team wouldve couldve blown us out..
Indy didnt play perfect either on offense and missed 2 FG's....the fact that we were down by only 7 is also due to indy mistakes...it goes both ways and is a misleading stat IMHO

ChockBlkr said:
I don't know. Manning was excellent, but the Pats DBs were playing scaredy cat coverage, at least in the first half, and Manning got some highlight reel catches from his guys, especially Starvin' Marvin. That is two in a row for them over our team though, and in Foxborough. Things tend to even out over time, but this losing at home, to any team, I don't care who it is, has to be put to an end. It's not as though the Patriots don't have money to spend on new players, or extending current players, so spend it! :mad:

SVN said:
The patriots have won so many games in last 4 yrs where people coudlve said ,the other team wouldve couldve blown us out..
Indy didnt play perfect either on offense and missed 2 FG's....the fact that we were down by only 7 is also due to indy mistakes...it goes both ways and is a misleading stat IMHO

But why did they miss those two field goals? Don't think that the Coach having a little word with Adam before the game didn't have anything to do with it.
Good coaching.

Fanfrom1960 said:
but this losing at home, to any team, I don't care who it is, has to be put to an end. It's not as though the Patriots don't have money to spend on new players, or extending current players, so spend it! :mad:

I agree about the losing, if course. I also agree with spending money on better players, but to be honest, I wouldn't know where to look to find one right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes