PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning: gave Broncs a hometown discount

The thread title was enough.

downloader.php

Can anyone tell me what Brady's salary actually is?

18 million was higher than I thought it was. I had 13 in my head and what research I can get away with at work isnt getting me anything definitive, just articles disagreeing with what Brady's last contract meant, paycut or payraise.

"Pay a ton" wants less money is an oxymoron.

For this year, his salary is $2 million. Of course, that is in addition to the $30 million signing bonus he got last year.

18 million was higher than I thought it was. I had 13 in my head and what research I can get away with at work isnt getting me anything definitive, just articles disagreeing with what Brady's last contract meant, paycut or payraise.

His last "restructure" I believe was a 3 year-27million dollar deal that was fully guaranteed.

It was added onto his current deal and I believe he was given a 30m signing bonus with the restructure and they used the 3 added years to spread the cap hit out.

So it was a discount and significant pay raise at the same time, depending on how you look at it.

If Brady plays out the entire contract he will never have a cap hit above 15,000,000 (and averaging only 14.2m over the duration of 5 years). Huge team win. If he retires early then he received a massive bonus to help the teams cap situation.

(this is all going off of memory, some number may be off and may be misunderstanding some things.)

This is a guy who is well known for regularly taking hundreds of thousands of dollars to attend sweet-16's and bar mitzvahs.

(I am not making that last part up - that is totally serious)

I kinda sympathize here. I wouldn't go even for thousand$.

(friends excepted)

my mitts always hold a cold one at the bar....

This story is on msn,espn, you name it, it's a major news. Manning is a great QB, but this is really unnecessary publicity.

No one here believes this story nor should they. Here is the truth.

Did Manning leave money on the table he could have gotten? I'd say probably he did.

Did Manning need to be talked up from 18M to 19.4M? No, I don't believe that for a second. If Manning wanted to be paid 18M he would have been paid 18M.

This story is on msn,espn, you name it, it's a major news. Manning is a great QB, but this is really unnecessary publicity.

The media and NFL hype Manning up so much. Saying, "He's the greatest to ever play the position." So when he doesn't show up for big games, the media can still say " but he is still such a class act, and he didn't even want that much money." We will see if he voluntarily takes a paycut. But after two seasons in Denver, he hasn't done that yet.

Re: Tom Condon loses out on expected payday

Manning earns $19.2M APY; Tom Brady earns $14.1M APY, which is a swing of $5.1M that is not even close. The fact is a Manning when he signed his contract he had the highest APY of any QB in the NFL that is a long ways from not wanting to make more than Brady who has the #13 APY amongst QBs in the NFL.

Considering Manning was coming off a season in which he did not play and there were serious questions around his future as a player I would say, nobody begged him to become the highest paid player in the sport. This article is a feaking joke and embarrassment to journalism.

Non-story

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I just saw this sad little thread over on Broncos Country: What does the 'F' in 'PFM' stand for?

Not only do they steal TFB, which we've been calling him for a decade, but they can't even sack up and admit the F is short for that bad word.

I just saw this sad little thread over on Broncos Country: What does the 'F' in 'PFM' stand for?

Not only do they steal TFB, which we've been calling him for a decade, but they can't even sack up and admit the F is short for that bad word.

Freaking is universally known as the PG version of the other F word, but you can't expect Bronco fans to be smart, or even of average intelligence.

Given how violently they had to twist his arm to take millions more I am just glad they didn't re-injure his neck.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back