PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning deserves ring more than Grossman

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
No doubt Manning and the Colts have been the Patriots arch rivals for several years now....but you have to give Manning his due. He works his a** off, studies and practices hard, is gracious with his time, knows the game, has paid his dues in the NFL with many years of up and down.

What about Grossman...a snot nosed punk, who basically excused his poor performance in the last game of the season by saying he really wasn't trying.
He absolutely sucks as QB..one of the worst to make it to the Super Bowl and has put a grand total of one year in. He has also nbeen a sniveling whjiner this year about supposed slights.

You be the judge...who deserves it more...the hard working pro or the sniveling rookie whiner.

No doubt Manning and the Colts have been the Patriots arch rivals for several years now....but you have to give Manning his due. He works his a** off, studies and practices hard, is gracious with his time, knows the game, has paid his dues in the NFL with many years of up and down.

What about Grossman...a snot nosed punk, who basically excused his poor performance in the last game of the season by saying he really wasn't trying.
He absolutely sucks as QB..one of the worst to make it to the Super Bowl and has put a grand total of one year in. He has also nbeen a sniveling whjiner this year about supposed slights.

You be the judge...who deserves it more...the hard working pro or the sniveling rookie whiner.

Basically, I agree. Grossman is not in the same league as Peyton. Peyton may be arch-rival of the Pats, but he sure does dedicate himself to being the best he can be. Can never take that away from him. If companies want to use him to sell their products, so be it. That's what happens in American advertising, duh.

Until now he was outdone in the showdown games for whatever reasons, but he seems to gotten that monkey off his back and I say he deserves props for that. Give the man his due. He's earned it.

//

I agree with that, but I would like to see Urlacher get a ring before Manning.

He doesn't "deserve" the ring more than Grossman, if Grossman and the Bears outplay and outscore them. Were we not, just a few days ago, lashing out at others, in the media, who making this same ridiculous remark about Manning "deserving" a ring? If he can't get the job done in Miami on Feb 4th, he does not "deserve" jack. IMHO. If he and the Colts beat the Bears...Then, and ONLY then, does he "deserve" a ring.

EZ76

Last edited:
I would prefer to see the Bears team get the ring. Would like to see Manning have a Marino type career.

If we start judging who "deserves" a ring based on anything besides the actual game,then we could easily say Brady didn't "deserve" one this year because he already has 3.We'd sound like the NFL:eek:
This year's winner deserves the ring no matter how obnoxious he may be. That said,I'd prefer Grossman and the Bears because the hype following a Manning win might be more than I could stand. :bricks:

unforgiven.jpg

"Deserves has nothing to do with it, Lil Bill"

Too bad they don't give rings to those more deserving.

Whichever QB wins the game deserves it.

The Chicago defense deserves a ring more than the Indy defense. So?

One of my friends thinks we would have had trouble with the Bears if we made the Super Bowl. His reasoning. We would have tried to confuse Grossman. It wouldn't have worked he doesn't know what the hell is going on out there anyway and we would have just confused ourselves. Interesting angle.

He doesn't "deserve" the ring more than Grossman, if Grossman and the Bears outplay and outscore them. Were we not, just a few days ago, lashing out at others, in the media, who making this same ridiculous remark about Manning "deserving" a ring? If he can't get the job done in Miami on Feb 4th, he does not "deserve" jack. IMHO. If he and the Colts beat the Bears...Then, and ONLY then, does he "deserve" a ring.

Right on! A lot of Charger fans and players think that the Pats didn't "deserve" to win but they did. The NFL is not about who deserves to win. It's about who performs the best on (Cliche Alert) any given Sunday.

I'd love to see Manning's agent (or anyone else's for that matter) go into negotiations saying "Okay, Peyton deserves a ring by 2009. If not, we'll walk". He'd get laughed out of the board room! If the Bears play better than the Colts on SB Sunday, they get to hoist the Lombardi Trophy. It's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes