PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning a product of his system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning is a very good QB. I do think without an o-line and Marvin Harrison though, he is average at best. Let's face it, Manning has had world class talent around him his entire career. Now he has been without Harrison for most of the last six weeks and he has struggled.

It is funny. You listen to most of the Brady bashing on other teams' boards and you hear "where would Brady be without Moss, Welker, and Stallworth and his o-line". I would say he would be far better off than Manning is right now without Marvin Harrison and Tony Ugoh.

I think the most underrated story for the last month around the NFL is how bad the Indy offense has played. The media seems more interested in patting Manning on the back for playing like crap and his defense bailing him out.

If anything, Brady is the guy who was the "system QB" for his 1st 5-6 seasons...
Yeah, that's right... the Patriots' system was "we have th ebest QB in football so let's pass it." Whereas Indy's system is "we have great WRs so let's pass it."

If Manning played with average WR's, he be another Jake Delhomme.

Manning is not a system QB, nor is Tom Brady. Both are world-class, all-time greats. I think Brady has shown this year that he is the better player, but you're always going to see arguments either way. Manning has a couple bad games and he's a stiff, all of a sudden? Give me a break guys. Manning's a great QB, just like Tom.

It's not being a homer to recognize that the guy hasn't had one good game since Harrison went out. All players have bad games, but great QBs don't play this badly for this long.

Yes it is a homerish thing to say. Give me abreak and do some research before you post this garbage. You act as if Peyton and Harrison have played every game together every year. Get this Harrison has been hurt before!

Peyton has had three bad games in a row. Big deal, the team is in trouble with health. It isn't just Harrison. They were beaten physically with the Pats, SD is very physical.

Since when is it written that great players cannot have three bad games in a row. You act like it is the whole season or something. Get a clue.

Last edited:
Nitpick, they were in Indy. Arrowhead would have been a deathtrap. I agree with the post though.

Nitpick, they were in Indy. Arrowhead would have been a deathtrap. I agree with the post though.

really? my bad. i was watching play by play on foxsports online which said at kc at the time. the point is the same though.

When it comes down to it, nobody wants to face manning in the playoffs. he is dangerous, and a great qb. i hate saying that.

You know,I actually think Manning is a good QB,but I love this headline,and its a fair question.When he doesnt have all of his pro-bowlers,he is starting to look rather average.Can anyone say he has been playing well the last two games?

"It's clear now, Manning cannot handle adversity. None."

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I would define "adversity" as being down 21-3 to your greatest rival in the playoffs, with more baggage than anyone here can comprehend as being a "choker" and a "playoff loser," and leading your team back to a win against huge odds.

"It's clear now, Manning cannot handle adversity. None."

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I would define "adversity" as being down 21-3 to your greatest rival in the playoffs, with more baggage than anyone here can comprehend as being a "choker" and a "playoff loser," and leading your team back to a win against huge odds.

With all his weapons vs a injury ridden pats team. Lets see him do it with the compliment of players he had today.

The pats won superbowls with MANY injuries.

Manning is vastly overrated.

Last edited:
I think Manning is still a great QB ... I think they need to rethink the no huddle thing. It works great when they have their starters but they are lost without them due to reliance on the no huddle so much.

This is why the Patriots are clearly better than the Colts ... the ability to adapt our offense to the conditions of the day. The thread title does make a good point ... his system produces great results.

"With all his weapons vs a injury ridden pats team. ."

Hey...that wouldn't be an excuse I see there, would it?

Thought you guys didn't make those...

We'll stop when you do.

Oh wait, that won't happen.

Nice try at deflecting the topic. The fact remains manning is average minus just a few of his pro bowlers.

Nice try at deflecting the topic. The fact remains manning is average minus just a few of his pro bowlers.

Nah - you're just a hater. If you felt secure about Brady, you wouldn't be so thin-skinned and reluctant to give credit to anyone else.

Brady was solid without Moss, Welker & Stallworth, but this is his 1st "oh, wow" year by a mile...

Nah - you're just a hater. If you felt secure about Brady, you wouldn't be so thin-skinned and reluctant to give credit to anyone else.

Brady was solid without Moss, Welker & Stallworth, but this is his 1st "oh, wow" year by a mile...

Insecure? This coming from the clown defending his teams honer on the rival message board. You are the insecure one big guy, haha. Brady was more then "solid" before Moss and co. 3 sb's , 2 sb mvps, led the leauge in passing in 05, 14 -2 in the postseason, 25 game winning comebacks, great numbers with lackluster wr's etc etc.

Brady was a first ballot HOF player before he got great recievers. Those are the facts jack. Any one who disputs that simply does not watch football.

Btw this year Manning is proving he is nothing without his entire supporting cast. How bad did he look today? With Wayne Clark and Addai. Thats what I thought.

Last edited:
Give me abreak and do some research before you post this garbage. You act as if Peyton and Harrison have played every game together every year. Get this Harrison has been hurt before!

Please do some research before YOU post.
1998 was the last season that Marvin played less than 15 games in a season.
He played 12 that year. Every other season he has played 15 & 16 games. That's amazing.
Research for dummies

Insecure? This coming from the clown defending his teams honer on the rival message board. Brady was more then "solid" before Moss and co. 3 sb's , 2 sb mvps, led the leauge in passing in 05, 14 -2 in the postseason, 25 game winning comebacks etc etc.

Brady was a first ballot HOF player before he got great recievers. Those are the facts jack.

Btw this year Manning is proving he is nothing without his entire supporting cast. How bad did he look today? With Wayne Clark and Addai. Thats what I thought.

Well, to start w/, I'm a Bills fan - just came to the board this week for the game & all that. But I was amazed when I got here to not only see the Pats' fans obsession with Manning, but also there unwillingness to give him any credit whatsoever.

I don't take anything away from Brady; I just see them both as greats. It's too bad your hate has you so blinded that you're unable to give credit to someone who will clearly go down as one of the greats, but that ain't my problem.

Oh, and yeah - Manning has been slumping for a few games. Do 'greats' never have a 2-3 game slump? Did "Tom the Great" never have one over his career?

Well, to start w/, I'm a Bills fan - just came to the board this week for the game & all that. But I was amazed when I got here to not only see the Pats' fans obsession with Manning, but also there unwillingness to give him any credit whatsoever.

I don't take anything away from Brady; I just see them both as greats. It's too bad your hate has you so blinded that you're unable to give credit to someone who will clearly go down as one of the greats, but that ain't my problem.

Oh, and yeah - Manning has been slumping for a few games. Do 'greats' never have a 2-3 game slump? Did "Tom the Great" never have one over his career?

You missed the point . Nevmerind. Good luck tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots