PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

mankins with tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't draw any conclusions on either Mankins or Wright at this point.

I personally was in the camp that if you took Mankins' name off his jersey, no one would have been upset about the actual player the Pats traded away. It was a more an emotional response than judging by his play on the field.

That all said, Mankins was injured last week and probably wasn't playing at 100%. I think Bucs fans may end up being underwhelmed by what Mankins give them, but I wouldn't make a judgement after two weeks.

It's like 1 game...lets take it easy. We all knew he was headed down hill...but lets wait 4-5 games first before we all say awesome move. I am for the move BTW

But this is patsfans.com where you have posters who call it a season after the first incompletion in the game day thread but will turn around and praise BB after relentlessly bashing him.

I live in Tampa as well. Nothing I enjoy more than going to a local sports bar late sunday afternoon after the Pats have won to watch the Bucs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I try not to burst out laughing but sometimes it's difficult.

It's worth adding that a high #4 is better than a low #4 and TB looks really bad so far. We aren't talking about the first round, I know, but they lost to Derek Anderson and Austin Davis so the #4 we got looks like it could be top ten in the round.

I think Quinn, Brockers and Donald probably get the best of most Guards in the NFL. That's an insanely talented DL.

People over on the draft board didn't even bother drooling over those players, because we all knew they were going way before the Patriots would have a shot.

At this point, Wright hasn't done anything special for us either....

LM not the same player, but the guy is a warrior. I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing through some type of injury. Combined all that with the fact the Rams DL is fantastic. I can see why he had a bad day.

Hyper extended knee. Happened near the end of the first game.

That all said, Mankins was injured last week and probably wasn't playing at 100%. I think Bucs fans may end up being underwhelmed by what Mankins give them, but I wouldn't make a judgement after two weeks.

A large part of that is because he is an Offensive Freaking Guard! I'm sorry, all positions are important, but a left guard eating up the 2nd highest cap hit on a team better be hands down the best OG in the NFL. He was damn good for years, but not that damn good now - - a solid B+ LG in 2014 and trending down.

Just not worth it currently and in the future.

I live in Tampa as well. Nothing I enjoy more than going to a local sports bar late sunday afternoon after the Pats have won to watch the Bucs snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I try not to burst out laughing but sometimes it's difficult.

Is it my imagination, or did they lose to what may be the WORST TEAM IN FOOTBALL on their own home turf last week?

I think Quinn, Brockers and Donald probably get the best of most Guards in the NFL. That's an insanely talented DL.

People over on the draft board didn't even bother drooling over those players, because we all knew they were going way before the Patriots would have a shot.

We drooled, anyway.

A large part of that is because he is an Offensive Freaking Guard! I'm sorry, all positions are important, but a left guard eating up the 2nd highest cap hit on a team better be hands down the best OG in the NFL. He was damn good for years, but not that damn good now - - a solid B+ LG in 2014 and trending down.

Just not worth it currently and in the future.

I think this nails it.

Mankins is a solid B+ value. When not 100% he's probably a C+/B-, and he was going against an A/A+ DL, so he got burned. No shame there. But having a B+ and "trending down" LG eat up your cap space doesn't make a ton of sense. Tampa Bay got desperate, and the Pats got what they could.

I wish Mankins nothing but well.

For me, this is a combination of not trusting PFF's grading and the Rams having one of the best lines in the NFL (even without Chris Long), IMO. We know he isn't the player that he used to be, but every guard is going to look worse than he is matching up on the Aaron Donalds and Michael Brockers of the NFL.

He's also likely playing hurt.

And yeah, Cuban sandwiches are ****ing awesome.

What did Mankins do to deserve the Tampa Bay Effin'eers?

56-14?!?

This is one ugly box score, unless you're a Falcons fan: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554194

Honestly, the game was even worse than the box score indicates. Tampa only scored on a late drive and a pick six of the backup QB, and the Falcons backed off with a lot of time left. They could've won 70-0 if they wanted to.

I think the Bucs have a lot more than Mankins to worry about. He may very well be the least of their 56 concerns. At 56-14, it sounds to me like they should be looking at their defense before concerning themselves with oline.

I think the Bucs have a lot more than Mankins to worry about. He may very well be the least of their 56 concerns. At 56-14, it sounds to me like they should be looking at their defense before concerning themselves with oline.

Oh, but I was adamantly told that a Left Guard was critical enough to be the 2nd highest paid member of our team. :confused:

Maybe buca will cut him and he will then rejoin us with minimum dollars

Maybe buca will cut him and he will then rejoin us with minimum dollars

Based on everything that we know about Mankins (which granted, isn't a ton), I would be really surprised if he ever came back, even if the opportunity did arise.

That game on Thursday night was a complete, unprofessional embarrassment. LOL at Lovie Smith &
Josh McClown being the answers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back