Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would you rather have next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If NEITHER was an option, I would take it!

1. Both Seymour and Mankins have issues with the front office, with Mankins targeting Robert Kraft specifically.

2. The Patriots have won games without them. Mankins sat out most of the 2010 season and they Patriots were able to make due on their way to a 14-2 record. In fact, the Patriots made due without both Seymour and Ty Warren last season, winning 14 games.

3. Both are special players, with Seymour once being an elite player at this position. Mankins isn't elite, but he has been reliable.

Statistically speaking, the rush defense got worse in 2009.

Yes, the run defense also suffered in Seymour's absence in 2009. I didn't point to it, though, because the poster I was responding to had focused on sacks and "double teams", and I was just responding to his comments about Seymour's alleged decline. I probably should have noted that Seymour was voted to the Pro Bowl this year while I was at it.

I wasn't trying to bring up the whole "trade sucked" discussion, although that seems to have happened anyway.

People seem to forget the Seymour New England traded when they whine about how much New England needs him. 2006 was really his last great year in New England (I know he had 8 sacks in 2008 but he didn't command the blockers/attention he used to, it wasn't the same Seymour who couldn't be blocked without a double team). I'd much rather have Mankins over the complacent, lazy and overweight Seymour New England traded to Oakland who did nothing other than whine about a new contract.

I don't see where you get this.Seymour was dominant this year in Oakland and really was an anchor for their D-line and everybody around him played better.

I would've loved it if could've kept Seymour and Wilfork.****..those were the good days.

Last edited:
No disrespect to Richard, who gave us so much to celebrate, but the future is now and we need Logan.

Ditto. The beautiful thing about it is that this team is young again and on the uptick.

I don't see where you get this.Seymour was dominant this year in Oakland and really was an anchor for their D-line and everybody around him played better.

I would've loved it if could've kept Seymour and Wilfork.****..those were the good days.

Seymour got motivated again with his trade to Oakland. He was unmotivated and lazy his last few years in New England. I only mention that because I have two really good friends who are Raiders fans that give me **** about the Seymour trade as if the motivated Seymour playing for Oakland was the Seymour they traded.

I think you're underrating the loss of production from Harrison, Bruschi, and Vrabel in this equation.

Certainly they are a factor - but how many 3 down Defensive linemen do we have on this team right now? Maybe, Wilfork, if the coaching staff lets him play that much. Seymour was a beast on all 3 downs.

And while the offense is much to blame for the last two postseason failures, the reality is that all it takes is one big defensive play or one more possession for the offense for a game to take a completely different course. Seymour was a difference maker on any down, in any package. The offensive and defensive struggles go hand-in-hand, when the team stops playing complementary football, they lose.

Last edited:
Seymour got motivated again with his trade to Oakland. He was unmotivated and lazy his last few years in New England. I only mention that because I have two really good friends who are Raiders fans that give me **** about the Seymour trade as if the motivated Seymour playing for Oakland was the Seymour they traded.

Again...

The year before he was traded, Seymour tied his career high in sacks and was just 2 tackles shy of his career high in that category.

Looking back I think the deal sucks, especially since we lost 2 seasons from a pro bowler. He played well for the Raiders, well enough to where he helped the defense shaft the Pats out of a top 10 pick.

There's no question that having Sey for '09, '10, and '11 is worth more than the pick we now have. However, given his UFA status last off-season along with Wilfork's, there's a very very high chance that one of those guys would have been gone in '10 anyway. That has to be taken into consideration as well.

Seymour would rather play for an 0-16 team than play for NE

Will you EVER get it that he NEVER wants to be a Patriot again? :rolleyes:

Honestly, if they offered him the most money I think he'd probably come back. He has 3 rings, at this point I think he's looking for the biggest paycheck. Can't really blame him either.

Seymour would rather play for an 0-16 team than play for NE

Will you EVER get it that he NEVER wants to be a Patriot again? :rolleyes:

The feeling is quite mutual.
**** gets paid large $$ to dog by the bay and nobody out there cares aka Oakland is ****'s dream world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes