PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins is going to be expensive for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering Mankins was severely underpaid last year - the amount is not a Raiders type mammoth increase over the top paid guards contracts the last few years.

IMHO, it was absolutely necessary to sign Mankins to stabalize the left side of the OL as that side going through transitions this year and next:

*Light is on downside of career while Solder is just getting feet wet.

* Koppen is just hanging on and probably replaced next year. Whoever becomes center NEXT year will also take some time to get accustomed to the NEP and Dantes blocking schemes. Does not seem to be a obvious heir apperent in-house.

Hence, having a Pro bowler in between the LT and center positions will do alot to stabalize that side of the line this year and next. Smart money is to protect our GOAT: T -effin-B. :singing:

P.S. Anyone else getting the feeling that BB is just pulling out all the stops to just take no prisoners the next few years. IMO, BB is realizing that this could soon be TFB and his swan song. Don't mean to piss on anyones day. But I don't get the sense that Tom will play until he is a shell of himself (Lord Brett), a concussed cripple, neither play out his last year on another team (Montana, Emmitt Smith, Rice. etc).

You're young, that's why. Arthritis is a biatch. Alzheimers is a slow death in a living hell.

I know it is unfair to surmise a conclusion that the prime years of life are the best. Was he married? Did he have kids he raised? I know we all have different views, I bet Alzheimers is a slow living hell of a death.

Thnx for the encouragement w/ arthritis. I squatted and still do below 90 and very heavy before my disease 255 (down on a flat bench and up like nothing) That can't be 2 good for the knee's, but it helped me get HUGE 6ft 215 10% body-fat. That is diesel for a guy @ 5-11 3/4'son the nose tall. I round it to six feet. I had a terrible early life a great prime until my disease effed me over. I just feel the prime years are the ones that are the most fun and you can create yourself in anyway. I'm 25 in November and technically that is not prime. 18-22/23 is PRIME. Prime is the max physical muscular growth and most quickest gains are had during this time. I think up to 35-40 is when average joes go downhill, relatively speaking (from a physical standpoint. Hormone levels decline and yes muscle maturity is reached later on in life, but having a gr8 18-25 is paramount for someone trying to become buff. I lost 6 inches off of each arm in 2.5 years:mad::(

18 started 150 high reps.
19 started doing right things as i learned. Squats Deadlifts rows etc.
20 180's
21 high 190's bulked up to 215 10% BF in December/Januruary
22 215 hungry for more..... cancer, chemo surguries then came depression no lifting poor eating bad weight added
23 Cancer flared up again depression no lifting binge eating bad weight
24 Depressed 1st 6 months poor eating lack of mass no gym. Lost 10lbs of bad weight this summer from not binge eating and eating clean. Loss of muscle mass s ucks depression bl0ws

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back