Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When will you care if Brady or Mankins hold out?

• After the 2nd pre-season game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We all know the Mankins is not happy with his contract offer as he came out very publicly. Now we hear that Brady is not happy about not receiving a new contract offer, or so Mort and the WEEI crew say.

I was disappointed to see Mankins come out the way he did but I still think he will reach an agreement with the team. I have no idea when Brady's contract will be done but he is under contract for this year and will not be going to another team, ever.

Personally I don't really care if either player holds out of TC until after the 3rd pre-season game. It doesn't bother me a bit. What say you?

Last edited:
Any holdout bothers me. It's never a good sign- just degrees of bad.

mankins, may hold out but brady, will be there from day one he may not sign a new contract and walk after the year is up but he will not hold out

Tom getting paid $6MM this year while Manning is getting $16MM is tough for me to swallow. Even when you average out with the sign on bonus, he is only making $10MM a year. How many players are making 10MM or more in NFL this year? At least 50.

I would venture to guess that Pats made a promise that they will redo the contract so he does play out the year at 6MM. Now they renaged. Brady has to play it out at 6MM. That's one of the best deal available of the entire NFL. The most accompolished QB in the league by far at his absolute prime, 6MM a year. A near washed out Farve is at 18MM. Inconsistent Eli Manning, sex addict big Ben, no resume Philip Rivers are at 16-17MM. Brady, 6MM, geez. What team would do this and feel justified.

Some pats fans are down right giddy. I am filled with indignation how Pats treated Brady. All the crap about him not at the camp.

Two questions here. I want Brady on the field from the start. Mankins, well, it's no big deal if he misses preseason, for me.

the thing is this everyone i can see where the owners are coming from about Brady.
Think of it this way you have a budget every month one of your major expenses (say a car) is ending you know you need to start it over and it's going to be more and you are fine with that. the problem is you don't know what your budget is going to be next month Would you just say screw it I need this fantastic car no matter what the cost even if it screws everything else in your budget up or are you going to wait and then get the car at the price you would have paid anyway but now you can balance everything else.

Why on earth would you be lumping these two players together? One's our main guy, the other's obviously expendable. And he ultimately made that happen himself. The other is a victim of circumstance much larger than any one player contract, unfortunately. Two entirely separate cases, two entirely different expected outcomes, and two entirely different reactions to a holdout.

I don't even want to see Brady hold out... in fact that is not even an option if the Pats are to get anywhere this year.

We can mess around an lose Brady to the 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back