Welcome to PatsFans.com

Manic celebrity meltdown??

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Alec Baldwin goes radical. OK, OK, so that's not new, but how he's doing it is:

ALEC BALDWIN TAPES INTERVIEW; WANTS OUT OF TV
    Wed Apr 25 2007 17:04:40 ET

**Exclusive**

Alec Baldwin has taped an interview with Rosie O'Donnell for ABC's VIEW, sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

O'Donnell told the studio audience off camera that this will be the actor's only interview. "He is leaving the country," O'Donnell told a stunned audience, says a source. [It was not clear if it was for vacation or an extended period of time.]

She said she advised Baldwin against doing the interview. During the session, to air Friday, Baldwin apologized for his tirade against his daughter.

He also explained how he wants out of the TV business:
    "I have been in the business for over 27 years and I don't care if I do anything else in TV ever again."

Baldwin left CREATIVE ARTISTS AGENCY on Monday. No reason for the split was provided.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash9b.htm

//

2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Must be feel pretty bad to have your only good "political" news come in the form of celebrities f-cking up. If you had the strength of any sort of real convictions, you wouldn't need to pick on liberalism's weakest link - retarded celebrities who get political because they need a cause.

3. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well that jerk did promise to leave the country if Bush got re-elected 2 years ago, maybe he is finally going through with it (hopefully)

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

who cares?

5. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

actually, I believe he threatened to leave the country if Bush won in 2000.

its a shame, he was for the most part very funny on SNL and I liked him in "The Marrying Man", and of course his classic monologue in "Glengarry Glen Ross" ( Put that coffee down!!)

then he lost his mind.

6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I was dissapointed when he won a comedy award ( whatever the last award show was) over Steve Carell. Although, Carell is starring in an upcoming movie in a take-off of "Get Smart". Now that is a good fit.

7. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

He did the best Deniro impression, too. Pesci after dark

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Celebrities wield incredibly disproportionate influence over the public. Celebs are chased around by fans, hounded by paparazzi, shown to many millions of people every day in the check-out counters of grocery stores, if no where else.

They need to know that their public influence is a precious gift and blessing that needs to be guarded ferociously lest it be stolen and abused. There is a price to pay for celebrity. The duty to be a GOOD role model is there, despite what that weasaly, Charles Barkley, said years ago, "I'm NOT a role model!!" Uh, yes, you are, Sir Charles, whether you like it or not. Goes with the territory.

Au contraire. Anybody who is on TV regularly, makes mega-millions off the public, talks on issues -- such a person is a role model. Goes with the territory.

So, whether it's Imus or NWA or Rosie or Alec or anyone else, once in the spotliight one better shine with goodness because the crap don't float no mo'.

Personally, I like Alec Baldwin's on-screen persona, mostly. But he does have some issues. I suspect alcohol is involved.

//

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

This only happens if you let if happen, while I suspect there are those who cannot wait for the evening dose of Entertainment Tonite, most people in the US view these people in the proper place in society. I know you will never believe this, but I talk to a lot of people about many things and do not ever recall anyone ever saying Alec Baldwin says, Imus says, NWA says or Rosie Says. I do hear Bill O'Reilly said, Anne Coulter said, Rush Said more than anything else. The figment of the imagination that believes that these people have a tremendous influence over what we believe is not true.. some want it to be true to advance their own agenda, however in reality most can separate actors from real life.

10. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

OK, glad to hear that's how it is with you. But these kinds of people who specialize in going over the top, pushing the envelope (in the wrong direction), doing things they think they can get away with just because "they can" does not make these things they do good. Can never forget the interview one DMC gal had with Bill Clinton some months after the Monica thing. She asked Billy Bubba *why* he did Monica, and he said with a shrug, "Because I could." He then added something about "... but that doesn't make it right", but the message was already out: "Because he COULD".

Which is a piss poor message to be giving out when you are/have been sitting in the president's chair. It's saying, "Hey kids, if you can (have uncommitted sex, rob, rape, kill -- anything that you can get away with), go for it. Heh, heh." Bad, bad message. Extremely poor role model message.

//

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

A lot of people go over the "top" every day, however it seems widely believed that many of the American People are enamored with what is happening with the celebrities. My point is that this is not true, as most people are not.. there are a few, but in most of the circles I travel these are non-newsmakers.

One thing I have always wondered and never seen any spin on, was after Watergate was their a rise in breaking and entering in this country??

Dems/liberals do not have the franchise on this so called over the top behavior, Newt Gingrich.. Guiliani... Duke Cunningham.. on and on.. absolute power corrupts. To frame this as a liberal excess thing, severely begs theissue.

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

Billy Blue Dress, Hollywood loved him and they still do, the reason, He's Just Like Them, he's One of Them.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If that's true then how do you account for the mountains of check-out counter tabloids whose sole purpose in life is to tell us which celeb had a boob job, got drunk-stoned-sizzled on coke, then fell into a neighbor's pool, pulling off the clothes of some young starlet on the way down.

Please. The market has been huge for that kind of voyeurism for years. Desperate homebody's.

//