PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini's Role: NY Daily News Today [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to todays globe they got the camera midway through the first quarter

Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella was stationed on the New England sideline when he was approached by league security officials and had his camera and videotape seized in the middle of the first quarter Sunday. A native of New Bedford, Estrella is in his fourth season with the Patriots and his third year as a full-time video assistant. He helps edit game and practice tapes for use by team coaches, scouts, and players.

Re: Mangini's Role: NY Daily News Today

I wonder if this is Mangini's way of saying, If we're not going to be friends, then we'll be enemies? At any rate, unless the Pats can show that this kind of cheating is widespread, then they deserve a harsh penalty, but the harshest penalty may come from the fans in other stadiums calling us cheaters, the negative press for the Pats, the loss of credibility for the Pats, and the loss of respect for BB by some of his players. This scandal, I think will affect the locker room.

I think BB is an absolute idiot for engaging in this kind of behavior, unless he can show it's pretty normal in the NFL. This could be as bad as steroids.
I expect the way it'll go down is :

Belichick and Kraft will tell Goodall that they will stay quiet and take a reasonable punishment FOR VIDEOTAPING like good boys and move on. But they'll make him aware that if he tries to slam the Patriots to take any "cheating" pressure accusations off the league then they will talk - maybe not now but later. Kind of like a plea bargain - reasonable punishment and we won't blow the sh!t off of your league.

I wonder if this is Mangini's way of saying, If we're not going to be friends, then we'll be enemies? At any rate, unless the Pats can show that this kind of cheating is widespread, then they deserve a harsh penalty, but the harshest penalty may come from the fans in other stadiums calling us cheaters, the negative press for the Pats, the loss of credibility for the Pats, and the loss of respect for BB by some of his players. This scandal, I think will affect the locker room.

I think BB is an absolute idiot for engaging in this kind of behavior, unless he can show it's pretty normal in the NFL. This could be as bad as steroids.

Pat's fans may finally have to sack up stripped of their imaginary high ground. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Check out the Barber Brothers comments on stealing signals...it's at least as common as steroids.

After 3 Lombardis, all this will do is galvanize this locker room. He always has their backs, unlike many of his so called (players coaches) peers. His guys know that, and it's time to return the favor.

I expect the way it'll go down is :

Belichick and Kraft will tell Goodall that they will stay quiet and take a reasonable punishment FOR VIDEOTAPING like good boys and move on. But they'll make him aware that if he tries to slam the Patriots to take any "cheating" pressure accusations off the league then they will talk - maybe not now but later. Kind of like a plea bargain - reasonable punishment and we won't blow the sh!t off of your league.

+1.

Too bad though that Mangini is so willing to just torch relationships like this. Doesn't say much about him as a man. Someone needs to photoshop up a rat/Mangini picture.

+1.

Too bad though that Mangini is so willing to just torch relationships like this. Doesn't say much about him as a man. Someone needs to photoshop up a rat/Mangini picture.

Don't worry - by the end of this season the back page of the NY Post will have that covered.

This makes no sense. If Mangini knew this was going on beforehand, don't you think he could have figured a way around it DURING the game?

LOL! Of course. This is all a joke. Let's face it.

And, to think, I used to figure Mangina was the logical successor to Belichick in New England. Wow, talk about burning bridges and putting a hell of a lot of pressure on yourself. You're playing with fire buddy.

Let's go Ravens.

Pat's fans may finally have to sack up stripped of their imaginary high ground. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Check out the Barber Brothers comments on stealing signals...it's at least as common as steroids.

You fail to note the one big difference.

There's a yawning gap between smartly doing it with someone NOT on the field, NOT in team colors, NOT with a video camera, versus complete idiocy of someone out there with the football equivalent of a flashing neon sign saying "look at me!".

This wasn't a crime. This was a crime of stupidity.

This makes no sense. If Mangini knew this was going on beforehand, don't you think he could have figured a way around it DURING the game?
Which is why I, and others, realize we couldn't use this during the game anyway.

I wonder if the QB reading the defense before the play is cheating ? Same thing.

from todays NY Post:

"Armed with counter-intelligence from Eric Mangini, the Jets apparently have succeeded in busting the Patriots' spy ring.

A former assistant under Bill Belichick, Mangini arrived in New York last year with an insider's knowledge of the Patriots' sign-stealing surveillance tactics and he shared the dirty little secret with members of the Jets' organization, a person with knowledge of the matter informed the Daily News yesterday.

It wasn't until the fifth Mangini-Belichick showdown - last Sunday - that the Jets were able to catch the Patriots. Tipped off by Jets security, an NFL security official confiscated a video camera and tape from a Patriots employee at the Meadowlands, and the evidence is believed to be damning.

Commissioner Roger Goodell hasn't made a final decision, according to a high-level source, but he wants to resolve the issue ASAP. A league spokesman refuted an ESPN report last night that said Goodell already has determined that the Patriots violated league rules."

The implication being that they were trying to in every other game, it seems.

I suppose that if Mangini talked to Bill and said, "don't pull any of the camera crap on me and I won't on you" I can see him blowing the whistle. But I highly doubt that Eric is on such a high moral ground that this isn't just a case of someone living in a glass house throwing stones.

Just another card played in the Mangini/Belichick game. I really hope that NE makes last weekends game look like a nailbiter come December.

You fail to note the one big difference.

There's a yawning gap between smartly doing it with someone NOT on the field, NOT in team colors, NOT with a video camera, versus complete idiocy of someone out there with the football equivalent of a flashing neon sign saying "look at me!".

This wasn't a crime. This was a crime of stupidity.

Maybe, maybe not. Could be arrogance or old school mentality or even a conscious decision on BB's part to force a committee we have no voice on to change a rule they would all likely as not prefer not to have to change because it may ultimately take away a competitive edge several of them have made use of over the last several years.

If you think the previous handshakes were cold after the previous games wait until the next one... should be a little ice on the field after that one.

I watched the game again last night. If as I'm hearing today that this camera was confiscated in the first quarter, then we did not need their stinking signals to woop their ass. When they come hear later this year, that team is going to wiped off the field. Bank on it.

Annihilation

If you think the previous handshakes were cold after the previous games wait until the next one... should be a little ice on the field after that one.
I'd spit in his face - or just walk off the field with the acknowledgment he deserves - none.

You guys do realize where this is headed, don't you?

NFL security is hiring I hear, because the workload just increased tenfold. If you think the Patriots aren't going to start making charges left and right from here on in, you're nuts.

It's going to be football and investigators for the forseeable future. What a circus!

NFL security is hiring I hear, because the workload just increased tenfold. If you think the Patriots aren't going to start making charges left and right from here on in, you're nuts.QUOTE]

What do you mean Pats are going to start making charges?
What charges? Against whom?

NFL security is hiring I hear, because the workload just increased tenfold. If you think the Patriots aren't going to start making charges left and right from here on in, you're nuts.

It's going to be football and investigators for the forseeable future. What a circus!

I agree with this. The gloves are off after this one, no question.

NFL security is hiring I hear, because the workload just increased tenfold. If you think the Patriots aren't going to start making charges left and right from here on in, you're nuts.QUOTE]

What do you mean Pats are going to start making charges?
What charges? Against whom?

Not right now. But for anything in the future they perceive as "off" which they may have let go in the past because of the whole old school, this is how it's done mentality.

Sarbanes-Oxley hits the NFL!

I'd spit in his face - or just walk off the field with the acknowledgment he deserves - none.

I'd send the ball boy, that's about the right amount of acknowledgment! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes