PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini to interview with Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cramden

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Terry Bradway just said on WFAN he's coming up to interview Mangini this week. Interesting.

This is starting to really piss me off. Mangini needs to focus on Denver this week.

I didn't think coaches still in the playoffs could be interviewed. I'm a little surprised Mangini is getting this much attention. His defense injuries or not didn't even start coming on until late in the season.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
This is starting to really piss me off. Mangini needs to focus on Denver this week.
I predict that if Mangini is hired by the NYJ then our new DC will be Rob Ryan or Pepper J.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

It looks like BB isn't too concerned about since the Pats had to give permission for the interview.

I thought they could only interview during the bye week and then it was all hands off until the playoffs were over.

Willie55 said:
I thought they could only interview during the bye week and then it was all hands off until the playoffs were over.

They said on Mike and the Mad Dog that they changed the rule and with the Clubs permission interviews could be done. I think they said this was the week last year that Romeo pretty much secured the Browns job.

This is bullshlt if it's true. Mangini needs to focus, d%#*!@t.

Well if that's the case, I have to wonder what the HELL BB is thinking about?
We have a game to prepare for. :mad: I am sick and tired of this organization giving their people away. He just started coordinating the defense properly and now just like that he'll be out the door?

THIS SUCKS, and I have to question the intelligence of BB on this one. :mad:

DefenseRules said:
We have a game to prepare for. :mad: I am sick and tired of this organization giving their people away. He just started coordinating the defense properly and now just like that he'll be out the door?

I'm sure BB remembers how he was denied the opportunity to interview for HC jobs by Parcells. Perhaps BB thinks it's better for the Team, plus it's really going to motivate Mangini to in his preparations for Denver. If our D comes out strong, Mangini has a better shot at an HC job.

This could be BB's way of screwing the Jets too. Have Mangini string them along until the end of the playoffs, hoping that most of the top candidates have been hired leaving what's left over for the Jets.

Nah, that's TOO crazy.

sieglo said:
This is bullshlt if it's true. Mangini needs to focus, d%#*!@t.

agreed....But can we blame the Jets for wanting to talk to probably the best prospect out there? In the long run, I don't think that looks like a job that a first year coordinator wants to take. The J-E-T-S, are falling A - P-A-R-T.

DefenseRules said:

I'm sure you're going to get rich questioning the intelligence of Bill Belichick. I might suggest asking that question of your ******* mirror first, you moron.

Patters said:
I'm sure BB remembers how he was denied the opportunity to interview for HC jobs by Parcells. Perhaps BB thinks it's better for the Team, plus it's really going to motivate Mangini to in his preparations for Denver. If our D comes out strong, Mangini has a better shot at an HC job.

Well that's great for the other team, but what about us?

Last edited:
Pats67 said:
I'm sure you're going to get rich questioning the intelligence of Bill Belichick. I might suggest asking that question of your ******* mirror first, you moron.

There is no need for you to insult me and frankly I don't appreciate it. I am angry about this and I have a right to be. We just lost both of our coordinators last year, Mangini went through some growing pains for half a season. I was hoping for a little stability next season. Now we might lose our DC again. I don't know about you but I'm not happy about it at all.

i dont see the big deal.. the interview will take a few hours maybe.. romeo did it last year.. i dont htink it will be a distraction.. BB wouldnt allow it probably if he thought it would be..

chris

NEM said:
I think they allow a very brief period for interviews. But, I am not a big Mangini fan anyway..... he is too soft, IMO. Took the players themselves to get himt open it up and be more agressive.
For that reason I hoppe he DOES go to the Jets.

Pepper Johnson or Ryan both would be an upgrade, IMO.

THen, if Martz becomes OC, who the hell will I have to yell at? :D

I saw an interview with Martz yesterday (ESPN Outside the Lines, I think it was) and he said in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't consider anything but a head coaching job. I couldn't tell if you were serious about Martz and any possibility with the Pats, but anyway, there it is.

DefenseRules said:
There is no need for you to insult me and frankly I don't appreciate it. I am angry about this and I have a right to be. We just lost both of our coordinators last year, Mangini went through some growing pains for half a season. I was hoping for a little stability next season. Now we might lose our DC again. I don't know about you but I'm not happy about it at all.
Actually, there is a need to insult you because your post shows the mentality of a 6 year old. Bill Belichick has done things in New England that most of us never thought possible, and when he does the right thing by allowing Eric the chance to interview for 1 of 32 head coaching jobs in the league (providing there's any truth to this rumor at all), you're right there to question Bill's intelligence. Like I said, start with who's in your mirror first.

Those people are human beings, they've done an incredible job here, and if they can be rewarded for it, I say great. An interview is not going to impact the outcome of this game this week one iota. Eric Mangini isn't Bill Parcells. You can't figure that out?

Just grow up. A couple of points for you to consider while you do:

1) How did we get our current head coach? Was he hatched? Or didn't you think about that?
2) the Patriots won three Super Bowls before they lost either of their coordinators, both of who deserved the shot they got. The Patriots have been extremely fortunate in this respect.

DefenseRules said:

Try thinking rather than ranting. My money is with BB, not some internet guy who is not happy.

If Mangini goes to Jets all that will be needed then is for Pats asst. coach Josh McDaniels to end up as Bill's head coach to make the AFC East the Belichick Tree Division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back