PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just curious-when he was DC here, did he get his playcalling duties stripped in '05? I thought I read that somewhere, but I might have read it wrong.

Also-what kind of DC was he here? Just asking b/c even though I haven't watched a Jets fan, from game summaries I've read, it seems like their defensive playcalling is suspect.

It's not been confirmed that I know of but the word around here (while he was still in NE) was that he had poor leadership over the defensive meeting to the point that Belichick had to step in and "help" with the playcalling and the running of meetings.

Just curious-when he was DC here, did he get his playcalling duties stripped in '05? I thought I read that somewhere, but I might have read it wrong.

Also-what kind of DC was he here? Just asking b/c even though I haven't watched a Jets fan, from game summaries I've read, it seems like their defensive play calling is suspect.
I don't know about his duties being stripped,but I remember the players saying when he left that they liked Pees better because he calls a more aggresive game. Something that came up yesterday after the jets lost.

Also-what kind of DC was he here? Just asking b/c even though I haven't watched a Jets fan, from game summaries I've read, it seems like their defensive playcalling is suspect.

There was an article on NYpost.com website last week showing by stats and quotes how the one year Mangini was the Patriots DC that was the worst the Patriots defense was in the Belichick era outside of 2002. They allowed more yards and points under his command and players openly spoke of how they disliked his playcalling and lack of experience.

If you search on the NYPOST.com website you should find it under their archives.

I don't know about his duties being stripped,but I remember the players saying when he left that they liked Pees better because he calls a more aggresive game. Something that came up yesterday after the jets lost.

Not stripped but Belichick had a LOT more imput of the defense toward seasons end and after that the defense picked up A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes