PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini Makes Sense Of Giants Vs. Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...it's not a bad read.

He does a better job than most with this kind of analysis.

As much as a rat%^&*fink he was as a coach, I begrudgingly give him his due as an analyst. He's been pretty good in that role and I hope he stays there.

As much as a rat%^&*fink he was as a coach, I begrudgingly give him his due as an analyst. He's been pretty good in that role and I hope he stays there.
Yeah, you're right. He is pretty good in that role. But he's still a d-bag, and will be until the day he croaks.

Smug little tattler. It kills him to see our success year after year.

Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, become a pundit.

I hate to say it, but I think he's the best they have in Bristol. Like his former mentor, he has the ability to "teach" the game. When he shows you plays, you understand why the play succeeded or failed. Give the Devil his due. Who would you rather listen to Mangini, or (pick one of )Irvin, Mort, Jackson, Ditka, Berman, etc,. etc, etc. You learn NOTHING from these guys except the value of ear plugs. Its really no contest.

There is no forgiveness for the Mangina.

He truly is Mangenious!

No other coach has swindled more money from the Jets and Browns organizations in the past five years.

I agree with his take on the game. The Pats like to take away what teams do best. For the 2011 Giants that's Eli and the passing game. While I don't expect the Pats to be able to shut down the passing game, but with the Pats in a lot of nickle, the Giants may have a lot more emphasis on the running game than we've seen recently.

Also a big subplot to this game will be Brady's ability to work the ball to the outside in single coverage to Branch. Hopefully we have another receiver that can step it up in the outside passing game.

I hate to say it, but I think he's the best they have in Bristol. Like his former mentor, he has the ability to "teach" the game. When he shows you plays, you understand why the play succeeded or failed. Give the Devil his due. Who would you rather listen to Mangini, or (pick one of )Irvin, Mort, Jackson, Ditka, Berman, etc,. etc, etc. You learn NOTHING from these guys except the value of ear plugs. Its really no contest.

ken

Mangini wouldn't make it in the top 10 for analysis at patsfans.com.

Actually, when it comes to analysis, he couldn't carry your jock strap.

Ofcourse, I not sure why anyone would want him to do that.

it sounds like he has not watched the pats lately.

the way hernandez lines up in the backfield allows him to read the rush and release when the opportunity is right. perfect solution to put a 245lb guy to block a stunter and release to the flat uncovered if the opportunity is there

He's a RAT, always will be

This is not what I wanted to read:
"That's why I think where New England is going to have to win is outside with Deion Branch."
Unfortunately, Branch runs about a 5.0 40-yard dash.

The article may be accurate, but it's also doom and gloom for the Patriots. Makes it sound like they have no chance unless Brady stands on his head. What about the Giants weaknesses????

Last edited:
coldhardfootballfacts.com has an excellent article this morning on the 5 Myths leading to the Super Bowl and an excellent review of the 2011 defense.

ken

Mangini wouldn't make it in the top 10 for analysis at patsfans.com.

Actually, when it comes to analysis, he couldn't carry your jock strap.

Ofcourse, I not sure why anyone would want him to do that.

You're right. Ken's jockstrap is 273 lbs.

When the league puts out a memo to stop a certain practice that your biggest rival is doing in your stadium in bold-faced defiance of the memo, you wouldn't hesitate to report them to the league.

Mangini may have had the filmer kicked off the sideline, but he had a game to coach. It was likely someone in the front office who reported the Pats to the league.

I hate No. 1....

I do think the 07 reg season game should be no. 2

Don't blame you for hating #1. I compiled it as a neutral (I'm a Bears fan) and for those with no rooting interest it was a hell of a game.

Also I sat watching it on TV at home in London while planning my honeymoon itinerary to Massachusetts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes