PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini lied: Pats never gave Jets permission to videotape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangini did nothing wrong. There is no proof Mangini has lied about anything.
Mangini is a Jet not a Patriot.

Just keep repeating that little mantra to yourself at night in your Jets underoos, if it makes you feel better. This time next season you'll be begging for Mangini to be fired, and agreeing on all the points we are making. Open your eyes.

Last edited:

videojets7.jpg

Huh? Mangini said he got permission to videotape. Assuming you are truly a football fan, is there ANY chance Bill Bellichick gave anybody (let alone a division rival) such permission?

Proof that said permission never happened, and thus that Mangini LIED? How about the fact that when caught videotaping, they were thrown out of Gillette Stadium????

Now, as for the part that Mangini said they didn't ever videotape from the sideline, I'm very hopeful that somebody sends the league the two different pictures that were posted when this all broke, showing Jet garbed personnel filming from the sideline. Because, he's telling another lie, in regards to just that.

Just keep repeating that little mantra to yourself at night in your Jets underoos, if it makes you feel better. This time next season you'll be begging for Mangini to be fired, and agreeing on all the points we are making. Open your eyes.

====================================

Hey its just my biased oppinion, As a reasonable individual I can never see myself agreeing with many of the points in this thread.
Although I will be calling for Mangini to be fired if we have another season like this next year.

Huh? Mangini said he got permission to videotape. Assuming you are truly a football fan, is there ANY chance Bill Bellichick gave anybody (let alone a division rival) such permission?

Proof that said permission never happened, and thus that Mangini LIED? How about the fact that when caught videotaping, they were thrown out of Gillette Stadium????

Now, as for the part that Mangini said they didn't ever videotape from the sideline, I'm very hopeful that somebody sends the league the two different pictures that were posted when this all broke, showing Jet garbed personnel filming from the sideline. Because, he's telling another lie, in regards to just that.

===================================

Thats just spin.

Those pictures have been all over the internet and I am sure the league office, there is nothing to them.

Hey its just my biased oppinion, As a reasonable individual I can never see myself agreeing with many of the points in this thread.Although I will be calling for Mangini to be fired if we have another season like this next year.
We'll you should save yourself the heartache and start calling for his manbikini's head this year because next year isn't going to be any different. Buffalo has surpassed the Jets.

Nice pics man!
Well Jets fans and the rest of the haters, YOU MUST BE FU#$ING blind if this this pic does not silence you!
Please email this pic to ESPN and the NFL office.
btw, i emailed the about Jets camera issue. never heard anything!!!

We'll you should save yourself the heartache and start calling for his manbikini's head this year because next year isn't going to be any different. Buffalo has surpassed the Jets.

===================================

Manbikini??? lol

Buffalo has surpassed the Jets as have 30 other teams, well maybe not, Jets are better then the Falcons also.

Peter King is on WEEI right now with Dale & Holley. They asked him about the incident with the Jets videotaper at Gillette last year. King's response was basically inline with the Bill Burt piece from yesterday - the Jets never had permission.

King then went on to say what most of us have been saying for months - the Patriots never squealed to the league about the Jets' illegal actions, but the Jets proceeded to turn Belichick in to the league as soon as they got a chance.

To top it all off, King then agreed that "illegal" videotaping was fairly common all around the league, at least until this year (and even then, only after Goodell made an example out of the Patriots did other teams stop).

Well, kudos to PK for finally telling it like it is, but where has he been all this time? After slamming Belichick for months on end, he's now finally seeing the light? Will PK go on Inside the NFL next week and do a mea culpa? Somehow, I doubt it!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Nice pics man!
Well Jets fans and the rest of the haters, YOU MUST BE FU#$ING blind if this this pic does not silence you!
Please email this pic to ESPN and the NFL office.
btw, i emailed the about Jets camera issue. never heard anything!!!

=====================================

Dude believe it or not I was the first to point out that the camera man was illegaly taping, after that girl posted the vid cap pic. There is nothing to it, trust me there has been at least 500 e-mails to different news and league offices.

And there is no proof that Mangini is telling the truth. Because he said he had permission is no proof that he did.

The facts do suggest that he is lying though. Why would the Pats eject the cameraman if the Jets had prior permission. Why has no Jets fan been able to come up with one plausible explaination why this would happen. Mangini didn't either.

Unfortunately, until it is reported by a reporter who didn't write a story based on comments by Jerome Bettis on a repeat of David Letterman that he thought was live, I think this story is going nowhere. Mike Florio is covering it, but I doubt that he will carry much more credibility.

Mort did say on his blog this week that he was going to be researching what he found as conflicting statements earlier this week. Maybe he will pick up this story. Until someone with some national credibility picks this up, this story is going nowhere.

I want to move forward, but I would also like to see the Jets get their just reward especially if they lied.

The NFL has no interest in handing out more penalties. I expect Goodell didn't fully realize the ramifications of his heavy-handed penalty for the Patriots minor offense. Now people are screaming every time someone else commits a minor offense.

The NFL wants people to follow the rules; they don't want to be in the job of policing everyone. Unless and until there's a really significant infraction, I really doubt that the League will penalize any teams again.

Peter King is on WEEI right now with Dale & Holley. They asked him about the incident with the Jets videotaper at Gillette last year. King's response was basically inline with the Bill Burt piece from yesterday - the Jets never had permission.

King then went on to say what most of us have been saying for months - the Patriots never squealed to the league about the Jets' illegal actions, but the Jets proceeded to turn Belichick in to the league as soon as they got a chance.

To top it all off, King then agreed that "illegal" videotaping was fairly common all around the league, at least until this year (and even then, only after Goodell made an example out of the Patriots did other teams stop).

Well, kudos to PK for finally telling it like it is, but where has he been all this time? After slamming Belichick for months on end, he's now finally seeing the light? Will PK go on Inside the NFL next week and do a mea culpa? Somehow, I doubt it!!!

F kudos to Peter King. King was one of the leaders of the Pats committed a mortal sin and tarnished the sport through spygate. Now that he is certain the Jets did the same thing and other around the league have done it, he acts what they did was not a big deal. King is being a hypocrit of the highest proportions.

If King wants kudos, he should investigate this further and expose the Jets in Sports Illustrated and condemn Mangini and call for a harsh punishment. He wrote in his column for weeks that Goodell let the Pats off too easy and led the outrage brigade. Where is the outrage now?

If I were you, and I said "Duck Tape," I would just try to put some Duct tape over my mouth and hope it just goes aways soon ;)
I buy duck tape for my duct tape projects. :D

STD_Logo.gif

And there is no proof that Mangini is telling the truth. Because he said he had permission is no proof that he did.

The facts do suggest that he is lying though. Why would the Pats eject the cameraman if the Jets had prior permission. Why has no Jets fan been able to come up with one plausible explaination why this would happen. Mangini didn't either.

==================================

Your post makes sense, what does not make sense is for Mangini to lie about it after the fact, he has no problem saying no comment and blowing off any question he does not want to answer. Why would Mangini go in to a cover up?

In that vein, Dale and Holley showed their yellow streak yet again with Peter King. They didn't even bother to follow up what King actually thought now towards the Pats or the Jets based on his new beliefs or whether he would pick up the torch to expose the Jets on this lie and obvious "cheating".

Screw Peter King. that fat sack of crap was one of the ones leading the "question their past accomplishments" parade and now all of a sudden "it was widespread, at least before this year?" Seriously, this is ridiculous, and those comments will get ZERO national attention and he won't say a peep about it in his column either. Cowards and hypocrites, all of them.

I agree!!! If it wasn't clear enough, I was being sarcastic about the "kudos". It was interesting to hear what he said today on WEEI, but if he doesn't repeat the same statements (and make a big deal out of it) on ITN and in his columns, then he's nothing less than a useless hypocrite. While it would be nice to think that he would investigate this, I'm not holding my breath.

Since this stuff makes King's pronouncements, rumor mongering, and pontificating over the past few months look ridiculous, I'm sure it will die a quick death...

F kudos to Peter King. King was one of the leaders of the Pats committed a mortal sin and tarnished the sport through spygate. Now that he is certain the Jets did the same thing and other around the league have done it, he acts what they did was not a big deal. King is being a hypocrit of the highest proportions.

If King wants kudos, he should investigate this further and expose the Jets in Sports Illustrated and condemn Mangini and call for a harsh punishment. He wrote in his column for weeks that Goodell let the Pats off too easy and led the outrage brigade. Where is the outrage now?

Wow. I wish I had heard that. If everyone was doing it, and Peter King knew that, why did he turn on BB so harshly, and claim his SBs were tarnished? why did he enable Costas and Collinsworth et al to do the same. What was the agenda?

The nature of that agenda is the real story. IMO it was about Polian trying to hurt his chief competitor; Tangini looking for a way to take down the Pats; Fisher still angry over the playoffs 2003, and Game 16 2006, and Rodney's hit on of VY this preseason; The Randy Moss trade, a grand larceny; the Dungy handshake; the Players Union demanding punishment of a management figure to match the harsh penalties Goodell was doling out to players; a "watergate" reprisal, fitting the formula for lazy media types eager to jump on a scandal to sell copy; media types ticked off at BB for years of perceived condescension; and doofus Goodell, a green, skittish commish raised as a PR flunky asked to think on his feet for the first time. Needless to say, he embarrassed himself.

Someone could actually write a dissertation on this subject as a way of illustrating how the truth can become a casualty caught between business, politics and the press.

==================================

Your post makes sense, what does not make sense is for Mangini to lie about it after the fact, he has no problem saying no comment and blowing off any question he does not want to answer. Why would Mangini go in to a cover up?

It makes total sense. He diffused the situation because what he claimed to have done is actually legal. By saying no comment, the story keeps going and people think he is hiding something. Right now it is the Jets word vs. the Pats word and the Pats aren't talking on the record to anyone. If Mangini said "No comment", it is the story from a New York newspaper which backs the Pats vs. no comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back