PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini lied: Pats never gave Jets permission to videotape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post, but most of us already knew Mangini lied. First of all, we know Bill Bellichick is the most secretive human being on the planet. There is ZERO chance he gave the Jets permission to videotape. ZERO chance, and so on the face of it, Mangini is a complete liar.

Secondly, Judge Judy would have had a field day with Mangini. "If it doesn't make sense, it isn't true" she likes to say. Well, if the team gave Mangini permission, the team would not then have thrown the guy taping out of the stadium.

Yes, Mangini broke the rules, as did the Patriots. Difference: Mangini lied about it after getting outed. The other difference is the Patriots lost a 1st round pick, and cash.

That picture is from a game at the Meadowlands. Isn't the latest hubbub about the Jets game in Foxboro last year?

A league rule prohibits teams from using a video camera on the sidelines for any purpose. In the Jets' case, they were filming from the end zone. The Jets film from both end zones during practice, a common procedure used by NFL teams.

false !!!!

and the pictures show the JETS cameraman videotaping from the sidelines !!
:rocker:

Last edited:
But won't the NFL just say the Patriots should have informed the League after they threw the guy out?

That's why I think this is (unfortunately) going nowhere.

What term? "Intensive" refers to an objective description. Carry on Merriam-Webster.....

"For all intents and purposes" is a phrase, not a "term," as you proclaim.

LOL. It's one thing to be ignorant, but far worse to refuse to learn from your mistakes.

To illustrate how ridiculous you sound:

"I know I said mute point, but 'mute' refers to an objective description. If I had meant to use the term 'moot point', I would have done so."

For all intensive purposes i think Mangini is a fat sack of trash.

carry on gentlemen

The Patriots misunderstood the rules and were penalized. Black and white.

Apparaently the Jets misunderstood the same rule, so they should be penalized equally, right?

The NFL said it was legal for a team to tape from the endzone provided the home team grants permission. They never commented on the ramifications if such permission was not granted. It was not.

the NFL said that?
and it is against the rules, considered cheating , it costs 750K and 1st rounder if you put a camera on the sideline?
How THE F^&K the NFL knows that end-zone camera is not pointing on the Pats sideline??
What kind of rule is this ? it does not even make sense.
it you allow a camera [almost] anywhere inside the stadium, you telling me [NFL] that camera operator cannot zoom in the on Pats sideline and pick up signals??
Are you kidding me?

- I really don't care but i had to vent out. ESPN and likes must keep the story going to have something to talk about.

Pats are kicking ass and i get all the satisfaction out of that! :rocker:

Wonder why the local scribes can't investigate this deeply and at least ask questions. The BG can go far to tarnish Asante's name by falsely reporting on his tatoo (and in the process, made many fans like me dislike Asante) and they wouldn't ask these questions??

I understand that it is hopeless to expect most of the NE media to ask these questions. But how about the ones who do a great job like Reiss or Young??

Unlike posters who want to 'move on', I don't want to. Something that I cherish and enjoy so much has been sullied and dragged to the mud by irresponsible persons not even knowing what it is all about. So whatever happens, I am NOT prepared to move on and instead will do my little bit to keep the 'story' alive.

Hopefully the continued interest can shed light on the murky and unclear rules and show clearly how each team is involved in this in various manners. Maybe that might lead to some kind of vindiction that the penalty was too severe and the media smear on our reputation was plain wrong.

So far I've seen two pics of the jets filming the play, or maybe something else, not the endzone and they filmed from the sideline. Leagues rules state no recording devices of any kind are allowed on the sideline. They've then admitted they filmed in 2006 with permission and from a legal area? Since the tapes weren't conviscated it could have been anything. Plus I doubt an organisation like the Patriots would even give permission anyway. Belichick wouldn't even give you his sh!t on a stick.

Maybe the Jets make a habit of "spygate". If this blows up it would be sweet and Mangini will look a bigger pr!ck than he already does.

But won't the NFL just say the Patriots should have informed the League after they threw the guy out?

That's why I think this is (unfortunately) going nowhere.

Sad isn't it, that the Patriots DON'T squeal, and it hurts them. The Jets DO squeal, and it hurts the Patriots. Something is wrong with that picture.

What term? "Intensive" refers to an objective description. Carry on Merriam-Webster.....

"For all intents and purposes" is a phrase, not a "term," as you proclaim.

If i were you and i said that, i would just try and put some Duck Tape over my mouth and hope that it just goes away soon......

Apparaently the Jets misunderstood the same rule, so they should be penalized equally, right?

If the world was fair, yes.

I"m guessing that half the teams in the league videotaped in one form or another, and guess what - we may learn of a few, but most we'll never know about. Yet, players from those teams will say "those darned cheating Patriots".

Sux for us.

I love the comment below the story from:

TheBigOldDog said:

Mangini lied? You mean a guy who would stab his mentor, a guy who saved him from a life of flipping burgers, in the back would actually lie too? I’m shocked! Shocked I tell ya!

Well said BigOldDog, well said!!!

I love the comment below the story from:

TheBigOldDog said:

Mangini lied? You mean a guy who would stab his mentor, a guy who saved him from a life of flipping burgers, in the back would actually lie too? I’m shocked! Shocked I tell ya!

Well said BigOldDog, well said!!!

VERY well said indeed. You have to admit, the worst part of Eric the Rat, isn't just going after Pats' players and coaches. It's not just that he videotapes, but turns the Pats in for the same thing. It's not that he lied about the videotaping. It's that he does all this, looks at the camera and says stuff like 'I still have the same warm feelings for Bill that I always have.'

It's so fake, phoney and disingenuine. Those are the worst kind of human beings. I really believe that and always have. You know, the back stabbers that smile and tell the person how much they love him/her.

It's shoddy journalism because he doesn't name a source. He's not Peter Gammons. Name your source or don't print it.

Nope. It's not shoddy journalism. This is a common journalistic practice. One that is even enshrined by the US Constitution.

If i were you and i said that, i would just try and put some Duck Tape over my mouth and hope that it just goes away soon......

If I were you, and I said "Duck Tape," I would just try to put some Duct tape over my mouth and hope it just goes aways soon ;)

VERY well said indeed. You have to admit, the worst part of Eric the Rat, isn't just going after Pats' players and coaches. It's not just that he videotapes, but turns the Pats in for the same thing. It's not that he lied about the videotaping. It's that he does all this, looks at the camera and says stuff like 'I still have the same warm feelings for Bill that I always have.'

It's so fake, phoney and disingenuine. Those are the worst kind of human beings. I really believe that and always have. You know, the back stabbers that smile and tell the person how much they love him/her.

Thats the thing that has to burn BB the most. Mangini would be flippin burgers if it was not for BB.

Last night Kubiack played his mentor, he even has Shanahan's son on his staff. You could see the similarities in game plans, and the utter respect that Kubiack has for his mentor. BB had nothing but praise for Romeo, and Charlie, so it is clearly not BB's nature to resent his pupils.

Try and get any of the guys that were on Holmgren's staff up in Green Bay, Andy Ried, Chucky, Marucchi, to say anything bad about him. Let alone turn him into to the league.

Mangini is the absolute worst kind of ingrate scum! BB should literally piss on him at midfield after the beating.

Mangini did nothing wrong. There is no proof Mangini has lied about anything.
Mangini is a Jet not a Patriot.

Thats the thing that has to burn BB the most. Mangini would be flippin burgers if it was not for BB.

Last night Kubiack played his mentor, he even has Shanahan's son on his staff. You could see the similarities in game plans, and the utter respect that Kubiack has for his mentor. BB had nothing but praise for Romeo, and Charlie, so it is clearly not BB's nature to resent his pupils.

Try and get any of the guys that were on Holmgren's staff up in Green Bay, Andy Ried, Chucky, Marucchi, to say anything bad about him. Let alone turn him into to the league.

Mangini is the absolute worst kind of ingrate scum! BB should literally piss on him at midfield after the beating.

I wonder if the Pats can lose their other #1 if BB urinates on ManRat??? What are the rules on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back