PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini Fired!! Do we need a ball boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, Mangini has been a problem, but if the Jets owner and/or manager thinks he WAS the problem, they better think again.

Mostly, this was Tenenbaum's fault.

Anyone could see that going on a free agent binge ala Snyder's Redskins was not going to work, and then when you draft Vernon Gholston on top of the binge, well, you're setting your coach up for failure.

The Jets have a nice offensive line with a good running game. That certainly is something o build on. And a good CB.

They need help practically everywhere else.

Tannenbaum's not blameless. But spending $140 million in a season when you don't have to contend with Brady and half the Patriots defensive starters should get you more than a mediocre 9-7 and 3rd place in the AFC East.

Here's hoping they give the job to Herm Edwards.

Hey Fredo..... Don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out. He will never have a head coaching job in the NFL again after breaking the coaches code.

Who in the NFL would hire mangini now? Considering how he completely betrayed his relationship with his longtime mentor, who could ever trust this rat again?

Then again, this is the NFL, so you know some moron might take a chance with him....I heard the Raiders may need someone, he would fit right in with Al Davis.

Ding dong the witch is dead.

This kinda sorta makes the sting of not making the playoffs feel a little better. Jets had to win to get in - they couldn't succeed without giving us higher success - and now they are once again in disarray. No HC, no QB, and a high payroll. Sweet.

So now that Manjudas and RAC have been fired on the same day, will that put an end to NFL teams raiding the Pats coaching staff just because? Manjudas, RAC, Saban ... all have failed as NFL head coaches.

Even though I was hoping the Jets would win yesterday, you have to be happy for Penny. 8 years playing for the most cursed franchise in the NFL, then dropped for Favre. What could be sweeter than coming back to the Meadowlands in week 17 and knocking both Favre and the Jets out of the playoffs in front of their own fans?

woody johnson said it wasn't a decision made yesterday, 10 mins ago, etc, etc....said it's been an ongoing discussion with Tanny all season.
wow.

So Mangini helped to engineer a coupe to get Terry Bradway out and Mike Tannebaum in for Jets GM position. Then Tannebaum apparently threw Mangini under the bus for this failure of a season. LOL!

BTW, Tannebaum was supposably the guy who really pushed to turn Belichick in for Spygate. He is probably a much bigger rat than Mangini.

What could be sweeter than coming back to the Meadowlands in week 17 and knocking both Favre and the Jets out of the playoffs in front of their own fans?

knocking Farve, The Jets AND Mangini out!

however as a Pats fan I was hoping they'd keep the genius for another year.

Last edited:
mangini.jpg

Wow I listened to the presser. How could they get rid of the rat. According to woody and tannenbum he did such a great job.

Tannenbum is to woody as smithers is to mr. burns??

Has Favre officially retired yet?

i suspect jon gruden,rex ryan and steve spagnolu as the next jets coaches.

The best thing about this news is that we no longer need to endure the blathering about whether the handshake is sufficiently warm at the end of the game.

i would never accept Mangini back here. Hes a snitch..hes caused unnecessary drama with Spygate and he wasnt a better cordinator than Romeo

Couldn't happen to a better guy.
:singing:

Damn.

Now there is the possibility the Jets will hire someone competent.

This sucks.

Screwed by the Jets two days in row!

Exactly. Other than taking pleasure out of him getting fired (no doubt that's something), how is this good news for New England?

They can only go up from here

My biggest fear is they go after Cowher...

I don't see Cowher in NY at all. I think the Browns job is his for the taking, since he'll have control over everything there. Why would he want to work under Tannenbum?

Other's make a good point though. Mangini amd Favre lost this season for the Jests. I expect them to be better next year with a competent coach.

I was at my barber and heard on the radio that 3 coaches were fired. I heard the first 2 and heard "Eric" then "Jets". When I got home I turned my laptop to get confirmation. Kind of makes yesterday a bit more bearable...

Don't get me wrong...I have absolutely zero respect for the guy, because of all of his underhanded actions...but he does have some talent, and it's too bad, because you know other gm's around the league KNOW what a shameless backstabber he is, and the likelihood of him getting another shot right away is minimal...maybe the Lions should take a flyer.

carl banks on WFAN is advocating Marty Schott. I think he will be a good fit a big challenge for the division if he comes.
Not to mention Marty works with carl banks on sirius nfl so maybe he is getting the word out ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back