PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini Fired!! Do we need a ball boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at this as more bad news to come from the Jests choke job.

Honestly, Mangini has been a problem, but if the Jets owner and/or manager thinks he WAS the problem, they better think again.

Mostly, this was Tenenbaum's fault.

Anyone could see that going on a free agent binge ala Snyder's Redskins was not going to work, and then when you draft Vernon Gholston on top of the binge, well, you're setting your coach up for failure.

The Jets have a nice offensive line with a good running game. That certainly is something o build on. And a good CB.

They need help practically everywhere else.

I think Mangini was more of THE problem than Tannenbaum although Tannenbaum was a big problem too. If you watched Mangini's in game decisions, adjustments, etc., you would have thought he learned from Herm Edwards not Bill Belichick. His decision making in the Seattle game was attrocious.

Tannebaum has had some decent drafts although the Gholston pick was a failure so far. Kris Jenkins was a good pick up although they definitely overpaid for Pace, Faneca, and Woody.

The fool burned some bridges too. Where will he resurface?

Jenkins looks good now, but he dogged it in Carolina. I can only expect that tendency to return.

Mangini will become a college coach because his road to the NFL is now burned.

I'll wait for official confirmation before breaking out the champagne, but if you're the Jets ownership this has to sting:

Patriots - Brady > Jets + Favre
Dolphins + Pennington + New Management > Jets + Favre
Ravens + Rookie DII QB + New Management > Jets + Favre

In other words, it never was the QB's fault to begin with, was it?

Last edited:
Ah! Nice news this morning indeed! :D

I am sure he will take Ty Law plus many of the Jets playbooks with him. ;)

The fool burned some bridges too. Where will he resurface?

In college - I think he's done in the NFL. Who the hell would hire him?

The BEST part of this is that we do not have to have those Mangini/Belichick post game Handshake breakdowns on every sports show now.

I'll wait for official confirmation before breaking out the champagne, but if you're the Jets ownership this has to sting:

Patriots - Brady > Jets + Favre
Dolphins + Pennington + New Management > Jets + Favre
Ravens + Rookie DII QB + New Management > Jets + Favre

In other words, it never was the QB's fault to begin with, was it?

Depends on what you think of Favre at this stage in his career.

Both Mangini and Crennel fired after two years on the job.. Does this make BB look like more of a genius or what?

I was hoping he would stay on for another year or two so we could watch him drive the Jests into an even deeper hole. It would have been fun to watch him have to clean up his own mess. Now he gets to kick back and watch someone else deal with it.

What a loser! Jests only helped themselves, and that's not good.

Both Mangini and Crennel fired after two years on the job.. Does this make BB look like more of a genius or what?
I want Romeo back. I doubt he'll get another HC job and he was the best DC we had.

And Weis may get canned too

Damn.

Now there is the possibility the Jets will hire someone competent.

This sucks.

Screwed by the Jets two days in row!

Jenkins looks good now, but he dogged it in Carolina. I can only expect that tendency to return.

Mangini will become a college coach because his road to the NFL is now burned.

I think it's already started to return. During the middle part of the season, Jenkins looked great, but as soon as the praise started to be heaped on, it seemed like his hands were full of cheeseburgers again instead of running backs.

NFL Network will air the presser live. I cannot wait!

Dom Capers is an upgrade as secondary coach over Mangini. The Pats have Dante listed as assistant HC but they could add Romeo as another one but to do what? He brings good enthusiasm to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back