PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini: Fines player $1,701 for not paying for $3 bottle of water

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to know is how he came up with the $1,701. I guess $1,700 wasn't enough, that extra dollar is the one that will really drive the point home.

I dont know about you guys, but the word "Mangina" is funny to me every time I hear it.

Yes, I agree. Every freakin time I hear it, I laugh out loud:D:D:D

Yes, I agree. Every freakin time I hear it, I laugh out loud:D:D:D

Brandon has a mangina! Brandon has a mangina! Brandon has a mangina! Brandon has a mangina! Brandon has a mangina! Brandon has a mangina! Brandon has a mangina! Brandon has a mangina! Brandon has a mangina!

I've asked myself that question, i never thought he get another coaching gig again. Maybe Cleveland thought well BB sucked when he was (his first HC job) here and we let him go, maybe we'll strik gold.
I never thought he would either, but these idiots over here got him for an interview and gosh... couldn't dare let him leave the city without a contract. Only idiots could fall in love with Mangina.

When you check into a hotel where somebody else is picking up the tab, you're asked for a credit card for incidentals. I've been going through that all month.

That said, one hotel did ask me if I WANTED to give a credit card, rather than insisting on one. So I guess there's a possibility of crossed signals.

I've been in that situation in a hotel which didn't insist on a credit card. If they ask and you refuse, it's not like they are likely to kick out an otherwise-paid customer.

More to the point - my impression is the players don't "check in" like you and I do. Can you imagine a sudden line of 50+ guys? I think someone from the team checks them in en masse and just hands out keys as they get off the bus and walk into the lobby. So the hotel doesn't necessarily have the CCs to charge. They just charge the team for extras unless the player takes care of it before checking out.

I think Mangini did the right thing here. Reports of NFL players stealing things from Hotels hurts the NFL a lot more than $1700.

Just a thought but couldnt it very be that the player thought he could get away with it and therefor Mangini fined him to teach him a lesson. I tend to think there is a lil more than this story is letting on. any bet the kid has been a punk and mangini sent him a message "smarten up"

I'm thinking there's more to this story as well, but $1,700 still seems pretty harsh considering the offense.

iam more surprised that mangini is getting even more bad reviews in his 2nd job. i thought he would learn from the past and act a little different. if anything he has just had bad reviews all along.

Boy, talk about pi$$ing your money away.

please god dont let mcdaniels be like this guy

i dont like the guy and i think the only good thing he will do for the browns this year is get them the first pick in the draft

but this is not on him he will not see any of that money the browns get that $1700 its more like the browns fined him $1700 cause they had to pay 3 dollers

Mangini is just the fall guy on this one but any way you cut it he sucks as a HC and DC i dont know why the pats even had him on there staff

iam more surprised that mangini is getting even more bad reviews in his 2nd job. i thought he would learn from the past and act a little different. if anything he has just had bad reviews all along.

Alot of people compare EM's situation to BB's situation, having success on the second job. The problem is something you just pointed out, BB didn't get directly hired into his second HC gig, he went back to other coaching jobs (DC, Secondary coach) and earned another shoot. EM just went from one HC job, that he wasn't ready for, to another one; he never had the time to reflect and learn between the HC jobs.

SSDD

He also didn't spend nearly the amount of time with the Pats that Belichick did with the Giants. I've really come to think that he was viewing his time with the Pats as just another annoying stepping stone on the way to other things (i.e. head coach), rather than taking the time to actually learn something from Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back