PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini Eats at Vesuvio!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously. My point was that, in the cameo, Mangini is portrayed as consorting with "Tony Soprano," the mobster, in character, not with James Gandolfini, the actor, who plays him.

Come on...it's the hottest show on TV. Do you see the product placement all over that show? Do you really think the companies or celebrities mind in any way having their brand associated with the Sopranos?

I didn't recognize Mangini -- I missed the Mangenius reference, and was scratching my head trying to figure out what character that was! I thought it was a nice Jersey touch for the show...

Come on...it's the hottest show on TV. Do you see the product placement all over that show? Do you really think the companies or celebrities mind in any way having their brand associated with the Sopranos?

I didn't recognize Mangini -- I missed the Mangenius reference, and was scratching my head trying to figure out what character that was! I thought it was a nice Jersey touch for the show...

OK. OK. Maybe i was being too tough. I just don't like the Jests or anything associated with them.

The actor who plays Paulie used to be a real life mobster and has it written into his contract that he can't be a snitch or a double agent because his old friends may not differentiate reality from tv.

mangina is overated and I hope the teacher schools the pupil yet again. The only thing that is scary guys is that if the rumors are true and Bellicheck is in his final days and goes to the giants it would be the Jets and Giants dominating the NFL, no thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if he was on the Sopranos 5 seasons ago. The first 2 seasons of the Sopranos might have been the best TV ever done. Then the producers got big heads, decided they were creating art and not a TV show, and it has been mediocre at best.

Rescue Me is now a far superior show to what the Sopranos has been since Season 2 ended.

Hilarious. Comparing some banal Dennis Leary show (Leary is a hack, by the way. Always has been) on some half ass network to a show that's universally regarded as one of the most significant TV shows of the last 20 years, if not in TV history, is laughable. Rescue Me? Pu-leeeeeze. :singing:

I agree the phil thing on the Sopranos is pretty lame way to end a great run. Yes the first 3 seasons were great 4th was a little lame, 5th was ok, the last one has been good, but not sure why Phil became a central character..

Im a big Denis Leary fan, and Rescue me not only has drama, but its funny to...

Phil became a central character because Johnny Sac got cancer and died. Carmine Jr. didn't want the job, leaving him next in line for succession. Phil's character is quite good. Easily loathed by all.

Last edited:
The actor who plays Paulie used to be a real life mobster and has it written into his contract that he can't be a snitch or a double agent because his old friends may not differentiate reality from tv.

Talk about something that sounds like an urban legend!

Hilarious. Comparing some banal Dennis Leary show (Leary is a hack, by the way. Always has been) on some half ass network to a show that's universally regarded as one of the most significant TV shows of the last 20 years, if not in TV history, is laughable. Rescue Me? Pu-leeeeeze. :singing:

That is very hurtful. Leary is no hack. He's become a great actor, and he's a great guy too. Look at all of his charity work post-9/11 and in support of the Worcester F.D. He's actually a better actor than he is a comedian. And the show is not banal whatsoever. The last episode of season 2 had me crying like a baby, and I am a heartless jerk. The writing and acting on that show is just amazing. Give it a few episodes, I dare you not to love it.

Look, I'm not saying that Rescue Me is better and more important than the Sopranos. All I am saying is that Rescue Me is better and more important than the Sopranos.

That is very hurtful. Leary is no hack. He's become a great actor, and he's a great guy too. Look at all of his charity work post-9/11 and in support of the Worcester F.D. He's actually a better actor than he is a comedian. And the show is not banal whatsoever. The last episode of season 2 had me crying like a baby, and I am a heartless jerk. The writing and acting on that show is just amazing. Give it a few episodes, I dare you not to love it.

Look, I'm not saying that Rescue Me is better and more important than the Sopranos. All I am saying is that Rescue Me is better and more important than the Sopranos.

History won't judge it that way. That much is certain. To each their own. I generally don't watch network TV. I like my television without boundaries and interference from govt. decency standards i.e. censors.

And Leary is a hack IMO, the only opinion that matters to me!

Last edited:
History won't judge it that way. That much is certain. To each their own. I generally don't watch network TV. I like my television without boundaries and interference from govt. decency standards i.e. censors.

And Leary is a hack IMO, the only opinion that matters to me!

Of course, The Sopranos will hold a higher place in history. I was just kidding about that.

Why do you find Leary a hack? And is it true that only your own opinion matters to you?? Wahwahweewah!

Of course, The Sopranos will hold a higher place in history. I was just kidding about that.

Why do you find Leary a hack? And is it true that only your own opinion matters to you?? Wahwahweewah!

It goes back to his stand up, which was awful. I will admit, he's a better actor than comedian. I thought he was solid in "The Ref". These things are all about personal opinion anyways. I mean there are people out there that think "Everyone Loves Raymond" was a tremendous, historically important show. I thought it was pure crapola. Again, to each their own.

I've added Rescue Me to my Netflix. I'll give it another shot.

It goes back to his stand up, which was awful. I will admit, he's a better actor than comedian. I thought he was solid in "The Ref". These things are all about personal opinion anyways. I mean there are people out there that think "Everyone Loves Raymond" was a tremendous, historically important show. I thought it was pure crapola. Again, to each their own.

I've added Rescue Me to my Netflix. I'll give it another shot.

No, you're right: "Everyone Loves Raymond" sucked. That is an indisputable law of nature.

No, you're right: "Everyone Loves Raymond" sucked. That is an indisputable law of nature.

I really like Everybody loves Raymond.

Leave the Lombardy Trophy (it belongs to the Patriots) and take the cannoli

yeah....they're really getting carried away with that Mangenius crap. Wasn't he the towel boy 3 seasons ago?

I'll take Romeo or Charlie over him any day.

Goodsell should have demanded that Mangini get gunned down in the crossfire of the mob war... hey's its just fiction, but that would have taught NFL players and personnel an important lesson in the dangers of hanging out with the "wrong people"

The first 2 seasons of the Sopranos were great. Everything since then has been mediocre at best. It has gotten so bad that anything the least entertaining is hailed as the greatest thing ever. Look no further than last week's episode which is the best in years but would not even have made the top 15 of season's 1 and 2.

The Sopranos isn't even the best show on HBO. It doesn't hold a candle to The Wire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back