PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini Eats at Vesuvio!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I think Rescue Me is the best television on television right now. Plus the theme (C'mon C'mon) by The Von Bondies is awesome. Lyrics shown below. They don't show it here, of course, so I just bought the first 3 seasons on DVD. I plan on getting my wife hooked on it.

"Blah blah blah blah blah,

C'mon C'mon!

Blah blah blah blah blah,

C'mon C'mon!

Blah blah blah blah blah,

C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon C'mon!"

Those lyrics are kind of . . . blah.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! That episode was as bad as the jets upcoming season record is gonna be

Two key characters die and that episode was SO boring that I would rather have watched the AFC championship game...And Im still one of the shmucks who holds out hope that the final episode will make it all worth it.

And Im still one of the shmucks who holds out hope that the final episode will make it all worth it.

BB makes Mangini and offer he can't refuse. Mangini forced to get Joe Kapp out of retirement to be the Jets starting QB and sign Anthony Soprano, Jr as nose takle to anchor the defense.

BB appears on Denis Leary's FX show, while Mangina gets a cameo on The Sopranos. Finally the Jets have defeated us in something.

Maybe if he was on the Sopranos 5 seasons ago. The first 2 seasons of the Sopranos might have been the best TV ever done. Then the producers got big heads, decided they were creating art and not a TV show, and it has been mediocre at best.

Rescue Me is now a far superior show to what the Sopranos has been since Season 2 ended.

Last edited:
Nice!

Personally, if I actually saw Mangini, I would probably walk up, let him know I'm a Pats fan, and then congratulate him. I hate the Jets with a passion, but he's a damn good coach.
I agree. It would've been interesting to have seen Mangini stick around with the Patriots for one more season as our DC.

I figured out what was gonna happen in the end with something that was said last night........can I throw it out there??? The reason I ask is because I know some people are very touchy about hearing even predictions...

I agree the phil thing on the Sopranos is pretty lame way to end a great run. Yes the first 3 seasons were great 4th was a little lame, 5th was ok, the last one has been good, but not sure why Phil became a central character..

Im a big Denis Leary fan, and Rescue me not only has drama, but its funny to...

Those lyrics are kind of . . . blah.

The "blahs" are actual words, but I have no idea what they are. Anyway, the tune is outstanding.

Isn't that a violation of Goodell's new personal conduct policy?

He could be looking at an eight-week suspension. :p

In real life if that ever happened, that coach better be on the first phone ot the commish saying, essentially, "I've never met the guy before" " I didn't know who he was". " it won't happen again".and all the right things..All the NFL would need would be a picture of a mob boss and a coach shaking hands or breaking bread on the back page of the NY Post ala A-Rod and the blonde to send them into a conniption (?sp). Just assocaiting with known bookmakers or gamblers may be a violation of NFL rules.
I vaguely remember a player a few years ago who got called onto the carpet with the commish for just such an action ... Until this year, gambling on the part of its players/coaches was one of the few things that the league took seriously. Now it's everything.

Last edited:
Personally..... I am outraged. What is Roger Goodell going to do about having one of his HC's PUBLICALLY associating with a well known mob boss. This makes Vick's dog fighting look like a walk in the park. I DEMAND that the commissioner take IMMEDIATE action to make an example of Eric Mangini.

BTW- I find it hard to see how the producers/writers can rap this thing up in a single hour. I don't want to sound cynical but it seems to me there will enough threads left open for the....movie. ;)

The hit on Bobby was well filmed and even though you knew it was coming, it was still a shock to see him sprawled out dead on the train layout.

The hit on Silvio and the other mope with him (why does that assclown end up living anyway?) was pathetic; two guys tear into the parking lot in broad daylight in front of 20 witnesses and gun them down?

On the one hand, I'm going to miss this show, on the other, I am almost glad to finally see it go....................

the scene went:

the chef guy comes over talks..say "guess who i just served?..Mangini(or did he say Mangenious)"

Tony said: I think it would be nice to say hello to coach.

they showed him sitting at the table.

it was a 5 second thing

From 15 minutes it's now down to 5 seconds. Man, the price of fame has gone up!! And it's shelf life has gone down.

//

I figured out what was gonna happen in the end with something that was said last night........can I throw it out there??? The reason I ask is because I know some people are very touchy about hearing even predictions...

Okay I'm up for a prediction! And I'm sorry, the last couple of episodes I have been riveted to the TV, yes the series got lame for awhile and I know it's the thing to do now, to say how boring Sopranos has become, but the last few weeks I have loved this show, and it makes me realize how much I am going to miss it.
So okay, what's going to happen in the end????

Okay I'm up for a prediction! And I'm sorry, the last couple of episodes I have been riveted to the TV, yes the series got lame for awhile and I know it's the thing to do now, to say how boring Sopranos has become, but the last few weeks I have loved this show, and it makes me realize how much I am going to miss it.

My bet is on Paulie taking down Tony, from which we will find out that he has been working for Phil. The irony of course, is that Tony almost took out Paulie during their trip to Florida.

Last edited:

I found it odd that Phil Leotardo didnt want to go after Paulie, but did want to go after Bobbie........I think Paulie is in cohoots with NY and at the end Paulie will end up killing Tony.......write it down!

I found it odd that Phil Leotardo didnt want to go after Paulie, but did want to go after Bobbie........I think Paulie is in cohoots with NY and at the end Paulie will end up killing Tony.......write it down!
Yeah I've been thinking about that, Paulie didn't look too nervous whenever they were at Tony's house stocking up on food, all he could talk about was AJ's girlfriend. Personally I don't believe Carmella or Meadow make it to the end, I think Tony ends up stuck with his loser son, maybe he totally loses his mind then and ends up seeing Dr. Melfi in a mental hospital, where he is rooming with Uncle Junior!!

Thought it said mangini eats Vesuvius.

Talk about your acid reflux.:bricks:

Last edited:
I have never watched the Sopranos before in my life.

And is Mangini already getting that famous?

My question is, "Is Mangini really that dumb?"

I mean, he's not depicted as sitting down at a restaurant with the actor, James Gandolfini, but rather with "Tony Soprano," an organized crime boss with multiple murders to his credit. What was he thinking to allow himself and the Jets to be used like that?

My question is, "Is Mangini really that dumb?"

I mean, he's not depicted as sitting down at a restaurant with the actor, James Gandolfini, but rather with "Tony Soprano," an organized crime boss with multiple murders to his credit. What was he thinking to allow himself and the Jets to be used like that?

Errrmmm... Tony Soprano is not real.

Errrmmm... Tony Soprano is not real.

Obviously. My point was that, in the cameo, Mangini is portrayed as consorting with "Tony Soprano," the mobster, in character, not with James Gandolfini, the actor, who plays him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes