PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini & Co. having a good draft for the Jests

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Yeah - we all hate the Jets - but overall I think Mangini and company are doing a decent job

They put down the impulse to address a need at QB at #4 (I might have considered trading down and still picking up one of the top 3 QBs) - took the sure thing with Ferguson, got what looks like good OL help to keep their QB healthier

...then took a QB in Kellen Clemens who many thought might creep up into the first round with their 2nd round pick

I don't think they will see dividends from this draft right away, but they are not bad picks for the future...

Solid draft by the Jets.....the drafted like a very experience front office. For ones they didn't look like idiots. The Bills took that title.

JoeSixPat said:
Yeah - we all hate the Jets - but overall I think Mangini and company are doing a decent job

They put down the impulse to address a need at QB at #4 (I might have considered trading down and still picking up one of the top 3 QBs) - took the sure thing with Ferguson, got what looks like good OL help to keep their QB healthier

...then took a QB in Kellen Clemens who many thought might creep up into the first round with their 2nd round pick

I don't think they will see dividends from this draft right away, but they are not bad picks for the future...

I think they had a great opportunity to trade down, pick up additional 1st rounders next year (a la the Pats in 2002) and really built that team. Brick and Mangold will help, but they have so many holes to plug.

The problem is Mangini is such an overrated fraud, he won't be around once these picks pay dividends.

Speaking of AFC East rivals...

MrTibbs said:
Solid draft by the Jets.....the drafted like a very experience front office. For ones they didn't look like idiots. The Bills took that title.

Saban hasn't exactly impressed anyone by reaching for Jason Allen.

I thought they had a monster reach with Schlegal in the 3rd round.

Lets face it they suck...and if we were their fans we would be spitting nails now

JoeSixPat said:

If you love them so much why dont you marry them?

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
If you love them so much why dont you marry them?

Post like these make it clear you're really a Jets troll doing his or her best to make Boston sports fans look like jerks and idiots

Other posters do their best to offer intelligent thoughts and insights - half of your posts seem only intent on insulting others.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
Other posters do their best to offer intelligent thoughts and insights - half of your posts seem only intent on insulting others.
Give him a break, he's only in 6th grade - this is just how he's used to talking to people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes