PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini brings aboard a former Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Bryan Cox new LB coach.

Brian could bring it. I always hated him until he became a Patriot.

I don't know how he'll be as a coach.

well

I think that Cox is a great sign for the jets. I always liked him (once he got here) and he was more of a coach then a player for us in 01!

drew4008 said:
Bryan Cox new LB coach.

Good thing: that'll get him off Fox radio. Can't stand listening to him.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Good thing: that'll get him off Fox radio. Can't stand listening to him.

I've heard Cox on occassion - unlike many atheletes he seems to be able to string some words together, but a rocket scientist he's not.

There were many times on the radio he'd be trying to make a point and would just be spouting nonsensical babble.

As far as LB coach, if he can pass along technique by showing, rather than telling, and somehow pass along the attitude and intensity he brought, he's a good hire. But I don't view Cox as someone on a track to be a DC.

Overall, I think the moves supports the notion that Mangini is having a very hard time finding assistants and is now looking to big names with absolutely no coaching experience out of desparation.

Last edited:
What it does show, Mangini is going to try and implement the Belichick defensive system in NY. If Mangini has any influence on Bradway's draft picks, look for Ngata of Oregon to go number four instead of Ferguson. Ngata is in position to be EM's Seymour, at worst his Mt.Washington.

Box_O_Rocks said:
What it does show, Mangini is going to try and implement the Belichick defensive system in NY. If Mangini has any influence on Bradway's draft picks, look for Ngata of Oregon to go number four instead of Ferguson. Ngata is in position to be EM's Seymour, at worst his Mt.Washington.

What it shows is that Mangini is having a difficult time finding assistants.

Bryan isn't very savvy...but he knows his position. I think he will do fairly well.

I've heard worse...

Living in Hershey PA, my choices for PM drive sports radio are WIP in Philly w/ Howard Eskine (reception is iffy), Chris Myers & Bryan Cox on Fox, and the last hour of Dan Patrick on ESPN. Unless he is interviewing an actual journalist, I cannot stand listening to the Boston-hating, jock-sniffing Patrick. One thing I like about Cox is that he is not afraid to rip into other jocks. He is honest in his opinoins and can be funny sometimes. I do not know what sort of teacher he will be, but his LBs will definately know how he feels. I will never forget the 3rd-down stop he made, along with Seymour and TJ, late in the 4th quarter of the Snow Bowl. If Oakland makes the 1st down, the game is probably over. Too bad BB/SP did not bring him back for '02 (and Sam Adams, to boot). Instead, they brought in Don Davis and Steve Martin. Nuff sed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes