Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mangini brings aboard a former Pat

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by drew4008, Feb 3, 2006.

1. drew4008

drew4008 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bryan Cox new LB coach.

2. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +337 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

Brian could bring it. I always hated him until he became a Patriot.

I don't know how he'll be as a coach.

3. mtbykr

mtbykr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

well

I think that Cox is a great sign for the jets. I always liked him (once he got here) and he was more of a coach then a player for us in 01!

4. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Good thing: that'll get him off Fox radio. Can't stand listening to him.

5. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +164 / 2 / -3

I've heard Cox on occassion - unlike many atheletes he seems to be able to string some words together, but a rocket scientist he's not.

There were many times on the radio he'd be trying to make a point and would just be spouting nonsensical babble.

As far as LB coach, if he can pass along technique by showing, rather than telling, and somehow pass along the attitude and intensity he brought, he's a good hire. But I don't view Cox as someone on a track to be a DC.

Overall, I think the moves supports the notion that Mangini is having a very hard time finding assistants and is now looking to big names with absolutely no coaching experience out of desparation.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  6. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

What it does show, Mangini is going to try and implement the Belichick defensive system in NY. If Mangini has any influence on Bradway's draft picks, look for Ngata of Oregon to go number four instead of Ferguson. Ngata is in position to be EM's Seymour, at worst his Mt.Washington.

7. jeffd

jeffd On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What it shows is that Mangini is having a difficult time finding assistants.

8. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Bryan isn't very savvy...but he knows his position. I think he will do fairly well.

9. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +330 / 60 / -40

No Jersey Selected

I've heard worse...

Living in Hershey PA, my choices for PM drive sports radio are WIP in Philly w/ Howard Eskine (reception is iffy), Chris Myers & Bryan Cox on Fox, and the last hour of Dan Patrick on ESPN. Unless he is interviewing an actual journalist, I cannot stand listening to the Boston-hating, jock-sniffing Patrick. One thing I like about Cox is that he is not afraid to rip into other jocks. He is honest in his opinoins and can be funny sometimes. I do not know what sort of teacher he will be, but his LBs will definately know how he feels. I will never forget the 3rd-down stop he made, along with Seymour and TJ, late in the 4th quarter of the Snow Bowl. If Oakland makes the 1st down, the game is probably over. Too bad BB/SP did not bring him back for '02 (and Sam Adams, to boot). Instead, they brought in Don Davis and Steve Martin. Nuff sed.