Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mandatory pat downs of citizens of certain countries before they fly...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jan 3, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Interesting, welcome move, until there is better technology.. some posters will be real happy about this move...

Sure there will still be a creative solution for those who want to bring harm..

Pat-downs on all travelers from 14 nations - Airliner attack- msnbc.com

2. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Is that profiling I smell?

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

What good is a pat down?

Seriously ... they will make the explosives to resemble genitals to get by pat downs. The suicide attack in Saudi Arabia had the explosives in the rectum.

It won't be long before the explosives will be inserted right into the body as implants. Women suicide bombers who have breast bomb implants. A man can almost completely tuck it into his body and then wear a fake one that will actually be a bomb.

The best we can do is beefed up intelligence. America will soon have to get used to "X" amount of Americans killed each year - just like other countries are already accustomed to. i know I sound pessimistic but the reality is that the problem will get worse and I doubt it will get better without us giviing up freedoms.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  4. 2000army

2000army On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Good. 90 y/o grannys are not a threat to US security

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

It is interesting to see that after what seems to be one of the most agressive moves made since this whole war on terror, or whatever it is called, that people minimize the effort... it is suspected that the pat down will not be the only solution, but used in conjunction with.. thought that this would be welcomed...surprised that it is minimized.. unfortunately it descends into a partisan thread.... it is a good step.

The reality is that good security is usually not obvious, this is an outward sign that something is being done...

Technology needs acceleration along with sophisiticated tracking methods... terrorists will become more and more creative and efforts will have to be made to keep one step ahead of them.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010