Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mancave renovation

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by kmac14, Mar 19, 2007.

1. kmac14

kmac14 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Winding down on the basement renovation to a mancave and am in need of personal recommendations for a surround sound system.
  2. NH #1 Pats Fan

NH #1 Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can never go wrong w/ the Bose 46 series. sounds great and no muss, no fuss.
  3. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 3 / -1

all depends on how much you want to spend and what you're going to use it for...

for day by day tv and sports, you don't have to spend a lot

for movies like you're in the theater and for sweet CD sound, you will spend more

in general, you can get pretty darn good 5.1 speakers for a few hundred bucks, really good ones for one to five grand, great ones for around ten grand and then, of course, you can go really crazy...

i put in a home theater last summer so i could watch movies and listen to CD's, but I was surprised by how great the surround effect is when watching NFL games...the stadium sounds are all around you.

i found this to be a great source...

http://www.theperfectvision.com/

good luck...and don't spend a lot of money on speakers and then scrimp on the cables...like putting regular gas in a porsche...
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  4. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have an Onkyo 5.1 Surround Sound Receiver with Cambridge Soundworks speakers. It sounds awesome. Although I believe Cambridge Soundworks is going out business I would recommend the Onkyo receiver.