PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man, what is it with all the self-righteousness over Vick??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
It's sad to see a young person struggle. It's even more sad to see an adult take any pleasure in such. I saw Vick stomp on Dumerville, it was obviously intentional. Vick should have apologized, i wish he had. But Vick has paid a very high price for his actions and has seriously damaged his reputation, I can't see why anyone would celebrate over these failures.

Maybe other people were right on the mark with every decision in their early twenties, I wasn't. Marcus Vick has messed up, everyone should pull for him to get himself straight, regardless of his football aspirations.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
It's sad to see a young person struggle. It's even more sad to see an adult take any pleasure in such. I saw Vick stomp on Dumerville, it was obviously intentional. Vick should have apologized, i wish he had. But Vick has paid a very high price for his actions and has seriously damaged his reputation, I can't see why anyone would celebrate over these failures.

Maybe other people were right on the mark with every decision in their early twenties, I wasn't. Marcus Vick has messed up, everyone should pull for him to get himself straight, regardless of his football aspirations.

meh

I screwed up plenty

but I wasn't a gifted athlete with countless breaks given to me

when I screwed up, I didn't get a press conference...I got sentenced...

so f*ck him I say

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Man, what is it with all the self-righteousness over Vick??

Who knows? I guess people feel the need to weigh in on this.

Perhaps why there's needlessly three threads about the same topic.

The kid is a no-good punk. He has been told to wisen up by his coaches, and just keeps on breaking the law. He could be a first round pick if he wasn't such an idiot, what more incentive does he need than a multi-million dollar deal?!

I could care less about Marcus Vick, but I believe in personal responsibility for your actions, and consequences for a lack thereof.

I think that you are what you are, and consequences are appropriate. Why would I wish for him to become what he isnt, and feel sorry for someone who has been given everything and cannot control himself?

I don't wish anything on him, but find it acceptable that he is getting the consequences he deserves for his actions. I dont think that is 'taking pleasure' in his problems, just agreeing that you get what you deserve.

What he does from this point on is up to him. But what should happen in response to what he is up to now shouldnt have anything to do with what he decides to do about it in the future.

BBB's compassion is commendable ... even uplifting.

But i identify more fully with Andy's angle.

You KNOW FOR SURE that Frank Beamer feels worse about this than anyone at all - Marcus included. Al Capone finally got nailed for income tax evasion ... and that makes me think that Vick's undisclosed "cumulatives" must be awesome indeed.

Boy, Fungi, I'm glad I don't know you is about all I can say. Being spitefully jealous of a 21 yr old manchild requires some pretty deep anger...

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Boy, Fungi, I'm glad I don't know you is about all I can say. Being spitefully jealous of a 21 yr old manchild requires some pretty deep anger...

Sure does... but it takes a lot less anger to be spitefully jealous of a 21 year old manchild who, thanks to his God given talent, had millions of dollars and the prospect of never working a day in his life being handed to him on a silver platter.... an opportunity any of us and a whole bunch of kids who look up to atheletes as role models would love to have.

... and out of shere stupidity he's basically thumbed his nose at such an opportunity.

That's a lot easier!

I hope at the very least he demonstrates a high level of contrition even as he transfers to Georgia Southern, dropping any pride and machismo that might make him an even worse role model for kids who think that's an acceptable way to act.

The worst case scenario would be for him to enter the draft and have an unscrupulous owner actually give him a contract that rewards him for being such jerk.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:

nah--I'm really a great guy--no anger or spite really, just a strong sense of self-reliance. People should be held accountable for their actions, and in our celebrity-driven society, too many people skate by virtue of their celebrity.

I'm just as disappointed in the fact that it gets smeared all over the media.

Trust me--I was a little bit rebellious as a yoot, and I learned from my mistakes. I suspect that Marcus Vick will still get his millions and not truly learn from his transgressions.

That's all--yeah, my initial post was a little rabid, but in this PC reality in which we are not supposed to show our emotions, I stand firm by my actions and statements--even when I am wrong, or alone in my views.

And--I appreciate your views and your posts, as well as my freedom to respond to them. :)

Flying Fungi said:
nah--I'm really a great guy--no anger or spite really, just a strong sense of self-reliance. People should be held accountable for their actions, and in our celebrity-driven society, too many people skate by virtue of their celebrity.

I'm just as disappointed in the fact that it gets smeared all over the media.

Trust me--I was a little bit rebellious as a yoot, and I learned from my mistakes. I suspect that Marcus Vick will still get his millions and not truly learn from his transgressions.

That's all--yeah, my initial post was a little rabid, but in this PC reality in which we are not supposed to show our emotions, I stand firm by my actions and statements--even when I am wrong, or alone in my views.

And--I appreciate your views and your posts, as well as my freedom to respond to them. :)
Can't we all just get along? No wait, that has been used hasn't it? The devil wit it, fug youse alls. :singing:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Can't we all just get along? No wait, that has been used hasn't it? The devil wit it, fug youse alls. :singing:

Society did this to me.

(Repo man anyone?)

A Virginia TV station has a timeline of Vick's career at VT.

Obviously, I think that just about everybody deserves a chance at redemption (unless you're talking about Peyton Manning winning a SB ring :D ), and that dealing with problems like this means spending a lot of time in gray areas.

But, somewhere in that gray area, there's a line, and the vast majority of sports fans think Vick's crossed it.

Frankly, I hope he takes the time to get his life in order, and, with luck, start over at a I-AA school somewhere; if he has talent, it'd be a shame to just throw it away.

The guy is lucky he is just being dismissed from the team. He should be spending time in a courtroom facing an assault charge.

ctpatsfan77 said:
A Virginia TV station has a timeline of Vick's career at VT.

Obviously, I think that just about everybody deserves a chance at redemption (unless you're talking about Peyton Manning winning a SB ring :D ), and that dealing with problems like this means spending a lot of time in gray areas.

But, somewhere in that gray area, there's a line, and the vast majority of sports fans think Vick's crossed it.

Frankly, I hope he takes the time to get his life in order, and, with luck, start over at a I-AA school somewhere; if he has talent, it'd be a shame to just throw it away.
Ummm...
ordered to perform 24 hours of community service and stay away from the teenage girls.
never looks good on the resume.

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:

How many chances should he get? Enough until he actually hurts someone? Kills someone?

Why should I feel sorry for someone who has obviously been coddled? Why should I feel sorry for someone who doesn't deserve it?

Saying that pro football players "never work a day in thier life" is just assinine. It sounds like someone whom has never actually strapped on a helmit and smashed into another human at top speed, or sweat through 6-8 hours of hot,humid,grueling physical punishment in AUGUST. Are these guys paid WAY to much? Yes.

But to say they don't work..that's just stupid. I would love to see any of you ham and eggers who would say that try and make it through one practice let alone a season. Do you even realize that half of these guys won't be able to walk at 50?

I played in high school and we won two state championships. I was a FB and MLB and let me tell you...nothing I have done professionally since has been a tenth as hard and that was HIGH SCHOOL. So quit with the "Pro football players have it easy crap" Now pro golf is another story!!!!!

Last edited:
But golfers actually have to walk to get their balls! That's difficult!

And about the Vick thing, let's just say I don't know anyone who's given booze to underage girls then had sex with them.

primetime said:
But golfers actually have to walk to get their balls! That's difficult!

And about the Vick thing, let's just say I don't know anyone who's given booze to underage girls then had sex with them.
LMAO!! Especially while in college.

BEER: helping ugly guys get laid for over 50 years.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Well, I guess I can see why you are so upset with anyone who feels Vick should get what he deserves to get.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
But Vick has paid a very high price for his actions and has seriously damaged his reputation, I can't see why anyone would celebrate over these failures.

So, what "high price" is he gonna pay? He's gonna be suspended for a few games next year, unless he declares himself eligible for the draft. SO, he'll pay no tangible price at all. Sure, maybe he'll go in later rounds in teh draft, but he'll still make far more money than you or I during his career.

So, what price did he really pay?

I'll tell ya - he didn't, and won't. And as such, there will be no lesson learned, and he'll just keep doing what he does because he gets enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes