Man seeks restraining order against God

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Who would God choose for an attorney?
Man seeks restraining order against God
An Israeli man has petitioned the Haifa Magistrate’s Court for a restraining order against God, claiming the Almighty has been particularly unkind to him ...
A protocol of the hearing noted that God did not turn up for the session, although it did not specify how the court determined the Omnipresent was not in fact there, as opposed to merely exercising the right to remain silent.
The petitioner, who was not named in the report, noted that he had tried to obtain the restraining order from police for the past three years but that police had merely sent a patrol car to his home on 10 occasions.

He argued that over a three-year period God, had exhibited a seriously negative attitude toward him, although details of just what divine mischief he had borne the brunt of were not mentioned in the report.

Funny stuff ... well except for this man ... I think he should investigate Murphy or Murphy's Law fame.

great story - thanks for bringing it

man created God - mostly for his own commodity - so why not sue him/it

establishing the fact if God is present in the courtroom or not is indeed funny
the argument can go forever ...

Last edited:
Well wouldn't God just represent himself and win cause he would be an awesome lawyer? I think this legal action is asking for trouble. Might get a counter suite and a restraining order put on him by God if he is not careful.

Well wouldn't God just represent himself and win cause he would be an awesome lawyer? I think this legal action is asking for trouble. Might get a counter suite and a restraining order put on him by God if he is not careful.

Read the Book of Job. Some key legal formulas make their way into that story - and Job is, by trade, an advocate (an attorney). "Gird up your loins like a man, I will ask you questions, and you will answer," is essentially a legal formula that parties spoke in the beit mishpat, (lit., House of Justice; the court). Job 38-42

Same basic issue: we don't know what this man's complaints are, resulting in the request for a restraining order, but God seriously effed with Job. Job takes Him to court... and He shows up.

Talk about "as God is my witness..."

You really don't want Him as a hostile witness.

By the way, Job puts Satan in his proper context; the word literally means "adversary." In this story, God is essentially Job's defense attorney, and Satan his prosecutor (although it's all done on a bet). The courtroom drama within the drama begins with God's appearance, in person, before Job.

great story - thanks for bringing it

man created God - mostly for his own commodity - so why not sue him/it

establishing the fact if God is present in the courtroom or not is indeed funny
the argument can go forever ...
That is a classic argument from ignorance, and employs much circular reasoning.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back