PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man now I REALLY want Moss to stay next year...think he will??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
if he has his best year ever..will he want more money do you think??

If you're Moss you gotta ask yourself, do you want to finish your career with Tom Brady throwing you passes.

no doubt hes gonna stick. he doesnt care about money when hes winning. he wants to get paid when hes playing for a 2-14 team.

no doubt hes gonna stick. he doesnt care about money when hes winning. he wants to get paid when hes playing for a 2-14 team.

my thoughts exactly. Anyone who thinks he will want to leave for more money next year is kidding themselves. No doubt he deserves it, but would you rather be a HOF WR or make and extra 5 mil a year for a few extra years?

He's going to want more money than he's getting now but that doesn't mean that he's going to go signing with the Redskins if they offer him an extra dime.

According to BB, Moss "is a pretty good receiver."

He may be back next year after all.

According to Brady, Moss might be what this team needs next year. So I'd offer him a tender at this point. Unless Chris Chambers becomes available all of a sudden, that is.

He's going to want more money than he's getting now but that doesn't mean that he's going to go signing with the Redskins if they offer him an extra dime.

Exactly. The Pats pay -- not crazy money, but big money -- for rare talents. Does anybody think the Patriots DON'T want him to stick around? Plus he's probably MORE valuable to the Pats than to another team where he doesn't have BB and TB, and most importantly he's obviously having the time of his life. Brady and Moss look like they've just found their football soulmates.

Judging by 1/4 of a season, I'd predict that the sides agree to a generous but not outrageous contract extension.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Pats put their remaining cap room this year towards getting Moss re-done. They'll get it done. No way can you take this offense apart now, it's just too beautiful to watch.

I think that Moss will stick around his will need a bit more cash in his wallet but It seem the the Front office is starting to spend more if the player can help out.

I think he would want to come back....this is ridiculous

According to Brady, Moss might be what this team needs next year. So I'd offer him a tender at this point. Unless Chris Chambers becomes available all of a sudden, that is.

I would rather pay extra for Moss than take Chambers for less.

They will offer him #1 WR money (aka Stallworth next year money) and he may take it

Give him a big contract ASAP.

Last edited:
I think he'll stay - but we have such a good shot at another Super Bowl win that's all I care about right now. I'll worry about re-signing Moss in mid February.

I'd rather pay Moss than Stallworth and Washington combined.

Randy is on pace for over 2000 yards and 28 touchdowns.

Moss is demonstratably worth two starters salaries (CB and safety say) and probably very likely worth a 3rd and 4th too.

The guy is sickly talented. Off the chart so. You pay such players mega dollers to remain on your team.

Chambers is a drop machine. You don't want him, first off.

I absolutely see Moss coming back. Despite his rep, I actually see Moss as a "high character" guy. In the true sense of the word, not football terms. Think R.P. McMurtry in "One Flew Over the ****oos Nest" or Capt. Quint in "Jaws". He's a flawed character, but he is magnanimous in his environment. Reacts badly to BS, is a hero in a good situation. Moss is an intellectual mentally, but a neglected mind socially. He's seemed to have found a home here. Unless things go south, Randy will want to stay here, not just come here for a rental. If this sounds crazy, then fine. I was similarly called crazy when I said Moss would succeed here.

Randy is on pace for over 2000 yards and 28 touchdowns.

And I only pegged him for 1500 yds and 15 TD's prior to the season (and was ridiculed for saying so I might add). Boy was I wrong!

Think of it this way. We're going to lose Samuel at the end of the season barring some crazy change in Asantes beliefs or greed, but with the money we'd save by letting AS leave we can give some of it to Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back