PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man has to panhandle to pay back Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the Herald starts of by writing "the QB, by the way, will earn some $30 million this year in salary and endorsements", finishes the column with "Brady, wife Gisele Bundchen, and son Jack were spotted at Disneyland in Anaheim the other day. Meanwhile, Dennis was out yesterday asking passersby for spare change", and runs the story without giving Brady or a member of the realty trust a chance to comment - well, that pretty much sums up the Herald's motives. At what point does Kraft and the Patriots organization revoke their media credentials?

Great underlying message by the Herald............... Rich people do not deserve to be compensated when you take their $8000 flowers pots, because........... well, they're rich.

The shear lunacy that "rich", or "famous" people don't deserve compensation when some dopey guy "accidently" takes his sh!t is dumb. And that's ASSUMING the guy's story that it was an "accident" is true, which is about 2% likely. :rolleyes:

So if I "accidently" throw a rock at my neighber's house and bust his window. Should we submit our tax returns to the judge, so he can "fairly" decide whether or not I should compansate him for his window. WTF :confused:

Last edited:
It was mostly about search warrants and search and seizure by the police but left the details of where the trash has to be up for grabs...straightforward in that if it's in the trash it's no longer yours, anyone can take it- but doesn't include stuff that is adjacent to the trash or not actually in the trash or stuff that's laying around the property as Brady's planters were.

If a gardener that has legal access to my property rifles my trash and finds an object of value, does he have a legal right to it because it was in the trash?

If a gardener that has legal access to my property rifles my trash and finds an object of value, does he have a legal right to it because it was in the trash?

The ruling didn't differentiate between trash on property or trash left out on the street...that's a whole new can of worms there that hasn't made it up to them yet.

Yep, my delivery man always puts my stuff with the trash......

It's amazing the lengths people will go to, to be "right".

A dingbat ex-con stole something that was delivered to someone's house, and came up with a lame excuse. The guy who paid the 4k desevers to lose his front teeth.

Again, I don't see what this has to do w Tom Brady. A court ordered this ex-con to pay the money, Tom Brady didn't order it. The money is not going to Tom Brady. It is going to his "real estate fund". Tom Brady has probably never dealt with this situation at all, I'm sure he has professional management that runs his condo, who may not have even apprised him of the situation.

Basically, some ex-con is using Tom Brady's name to help him get out of another mistake he's made, and the Herald is not only complicit, but trying to smear Brady in the process. Since he got his way, I guess that makes him no longer an "ex-con". He got his way, he pulled the "long-con" as they say in LOST.

What's worse is that Brady has a very consistent track record of giving back to his community, not only money, but his time, and is constantly involved in charitable events. The only thing Paiva's on record for doing the community is trying to commit armed robbery.

Well done, TrackGals! Will someone in the Boston sports media please stand up and expose these hacks.

Last edited:
If the grill is standing right by the trash, you actually have an argument. Once you put your trash out 'in public', it's open season.

For everyone's future peace of mind, buy a shredder for all your personal papers (letters, credit card offers, payments, etc...) and put your trash out just before the pickup is made. If you don't do that, it's really on you.

In this case, the question really is about just how close to the trash the flower boxes were. It doesn't matter in the end because the man took a plea but, given the defense, that's where the case for theft would have hinged:

Frankly, unless the video evidence showed the boxes not actually near the trash, he should have fought the charges.

Dear God in Heaven, Deus, for the umpteenth time the owner NEVER PUT IT OUT THERE. IT WAS A DELIVERY.

How many more posts are you going to make stating the same mistaken presumption?

Dear God in Heaven, Deus, for the umpteenth time the owner NEVER PUT IT OUT THERE. IT WAS A DELIVERY.

How many more posts are you going to make stating the same mistaken presumption?

The presumption is not mistaken. Your argument is. If something is in the trash and it's not in a 'private' area, it's open season. It doesn't matter if the owner put it there on purpose or someone else put it there by mistake, or if God put it there for giggles. The trash picker is not required to determine intent based upon who actually put the items in/near the trash.

The presumption is not mistaken. Your argument is. If something is in the trash and it's not in a 'private' area, it's open season. It doesn't matter if the owner put it there on purpose or someone else put it there by mistake, or if God put it there for giggles. The trash picker is not required to determine intent based upon who actually put the items in/near the trash.

I agree with your statement to a point. After all the guy thought it was trash.

What if there is a particularly trashy-looking lady outside a house. Am I allowed to take that home?

What if there is a particularly trashy-looking lady outside a house. Am I allowed to take that home?

Is that a serious question? if so, absolutely. Especially if she is asian with big boobs.

If not, I know a lot of men who are due prison sentences.

2887750769_b33d05de6a.jpg

But that has no bearing on this discussion, as the items were not in the trash. The court didn't buy Paiva's excuse and ordered him to pay up. Just b/c the TrackGals feel super sorry for a guy who robs banks, goes through people's stuff, uses a celebrity to con his way into getting his debt paid, etc. nothing changes that fact.

Last edited:
Is that a serious question? if so, absolutely. Especially if she is asian with big boobs.

A trashy Asian with big boobs is not nearly common enough for my tastes.

Great. Now you are claiming it was "in the trash".

Can you tell us how you know it was "in" the trash?

So if some kid parks his bike at the 7-11 near the dumpster and goes inside to buy a slurpee, it's 100% ok for someone to "find it", take it and resell it?

And yes, if something of $8,000 was delivered, chances are there were all kinds of receipts/bills/paperwork attached to items. In what world is an $8,000 item dropped off outdoors in a public place (assuming the alleyway is a public domain) without any paperwork/note, etc?

Last edited:
And yes, if something of $8,000 was delivered, chances are there were all kinds of receipts/bills/paperwork attached to items. In what world is an $8,000 item dropped off outdoors in a public place (assuming the alleyway is a public domain) without any paperwork/note, etc?

Bingo, we have bingo. The key part of this story is the aspect that the only facts of the event are from Paiva's POV. A court ordered him to pay restitution. It would take very convincing evidence for that to be the case.

Great. Now you are claiming it was "in the trash".

Can you tell us how you know it was "in" the trash?

So if some kid parks his bike at the 7-11 near the dumpster and goes inside to buy a slurpee, it's 100% ok for someone to "find it", take it and resell it?

Look, the 'facts' are in the article. I was pretty clear about my points. You're arguing 'facts not in evidence'. I'm looking at what was written in the article. The claim was that the boxes were near enough to the trash that the erstwhile defendant thought they were trash and that said trash would have been fair game, so to speak. That would have been for the judge/jury to decide. The case didn't get that far, though, because of the plea bargain. If you've got a problem, take it up with the author of the article.

I simply pointed out the current Supreme Court jurisprudence on the issue and broke it down from there. If you think I've gotten that stuff wrong, please feel free to enlighten me on subsequent case law which overrode or distinguished the case.

The guy thought it was trash.

Believe that one and I've got a bridge to sell you. No one mistakes 4K planters for trash, no one. "I thought it was trash" is one of the oldest excuses in a thieves' book along with 'I thought it was mine' and 'the guy gave it to me'.

Shame on the moron who bought his story and paid his debt, you sir are a sucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes