PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man has to panhandle to pay back Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyFTW!

Goodell sucks
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
That's the headline that ESPN is running with, anyways. True to form.

Tom Brady of the New England Patriots owed by man who stole his flower planters - ESPN

Not sure what I'm missing here. The guy took something, wasn't his, and now he has to pay restitution. Brady is probably unaware of the situation, and now that it's going to be brought to his attention, I'm willing to bet he'll tell the guy to keep his $4,000. This is working the Brady haters up into a frenzy though, as usual.

See, I knew we should have traded him and kept Cassel.

It's the Herald up to it's old tricks. The espn article is based on the original column by the Herald. The Pats and Brady haters will be out in full force on this one.

I love how they easily take the word of a convicted bank robber.

i love how they easily take the word of a convicted bank robber.

How dare you, the convicted bank robber who goes around boston finding garbage to sell for cash has impeccable credibility.

Last edited:
I love how they easily take the word of a convicted bank robber.

The cops were going out on a limb for him at trial...he might genuinely have not known that he was stealing.

Good God. I can't believe there are 1000+ comments on that, most of them defending the guy who, ahem..."accidently took" the items he thought were trash and then brought them to a fence, I mean, "scrap metal place".

My car is parked near my garbage cans, I hope one of the garbage men don't mistake it for trash and hotwire it one day.:rolleyes:

He's misunderstood. He sold all that green paper from the bank at the recycling center. 10 cents a pound.

Just to take this ridiculous story more seriously than i should...

When you give something away with the trash, you put it on a sidewalk where someone might take it with permission. say a broken chair they could fix.

You don't put 8,000 dollar planters that are worth 450 just for scrap, behind your garage in a secure monitored area so some clown can take them home.:rolleyes:

Why is this guy pan handling, shouldn't he be on trial for grand theft?

Plus, he's aliar by his own testimony...

"The guy mentions I took some flower pots," Paiva recounted for the Herald. "I said, 'I don't know what you're talking about.'

OK...

He said, 'We got you on the security camera.' And I said, 'Yeah, I took them, but they were out with the trash.'

lol

Feck him

e9c16519f4_paiva_07102009.jpg

I'm not a drunk or a bum

I'm a thief [end of story]

That guy has shifty, criminal eyes. Totally guilty.

I'm sure once Brady hears about this he'll say, "Forget it" and just make sure not to leave anything outside. But jeez, it's not like he called 911 and demanded a SWAT team. I'm getting really sick of this hater crap.

If it was a Manning, BSPN would've waited until he said "Forget it" and then ran the headline "Manning kindly forgives homeless man of $8,000 debt".

Honest to God, if it had been Brady killed by a distraught girlfriend last weekend, it would have all been his fault. (I know there are some on this board who feel it was McNair's fault, let's not get into that again.)

Yeah, Ray Clay has it there, you couldn't believe a word from his mouth. This could be all one big stunt on his part to see if he can get Brady to drop it.

anyone else realize this so called man on the down and out is wearing a 35 dollar hat??

he sounds like he makes a hell of a living hoarding scraps. throw the book at him for stealing

The cops were going out on a limb for him at trial...he might genuinely have not known that he was stealing.

Huh? Big hunks of stainless steel are not trash the guy got 450 dollars in scrap value. Its the same thing as stripping copper from a building. But no maybe you are right and maybe when he robbed the bank he meant to pull out his atm card but drew his 357. I bet he thought damn I had more money than I thought. Oh yeah and ojs innocent and michael jackson loved the ladies.

Last edited:
Huh? Big hunks of stainless steel are not trash the guy got 450 dollars in scrap value. Its the same thing as stripping copper from a building. But no maybe you are right and maybe when he robbed the bank he meant to pull out his atm card but drew his 357. I bet he thought damn I had more money than I thought. Oh yeah and ojs innocent and michael jackson loved the ladies.

The way it's described as being outside an idiot might not have realized that it's not scrap and the cops could have been guilt tripped into believing his story if they didn't already know him or they weren't already buddies with him...

Guy is sounding like a moron who got caught doing something dumb at the wrong apartment building with an overseer who won't take and crap from scavagers...

If you take something that is not yours - you are stealing. If you walk onto someone property and take something that is not yours you are trespassing and stealing.

These are fairly simple things to apply to your daily life - However you want to justify it is the basis of your own moral code.

Another example of how celebrities and athletes are treated different than everyone else in the public eye.

Last edited:
The way it's described as being outside an idiot might not have realized that it's not scrap and the cops could have been guilt tripped into believing his story if they didn't already know him or they weren't already buddies with him...

Guy is sounding like a moron who got caught doing something dumb at the wrong apartment building with an overseer who won't take and crap from scavagers...

even if it was an accident, I think the judgement was fair. Mistake or not, brady is still out the cost of them things. Someone should have to pay for them, it doesnt matter how much money they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back