Man, Corey Dillon absolutely carried the bengals back in his day

Status
Not open for further replies.
reminds me of Larry Johnson..other way around i mean..Larry=Corey

Man, what an absolute beast.

Great stuff !! Thanks for posting it !

Remix 6 said:
reminds me of Larry Johnson..other way around i mean..Larry=Corey
Forget Larry Johnson. Speed, power, changes direction, drags tacklers...that's Jim Brown. His mannerisms running are even similar. Dillon's not quite as fast and powerful though. I'm not crazy here, Brown was my favorite player back when. Too bad Dillon was hidden on a bad team. But, he finally got away and was rewarded.

Check out the 7-part video on his 278 yard game. And only 22 carries and against a very good Denver defense.

Wow!!

Fanfrom1960 said:
Forget Larry Johnson. Speed, power, changes direction, drags tacklers...that's Jim Brown. His mannerisms running are even similar. Dillon's not quite as fast and powerful though. I'm not crazy here, Brown was my favorite player back when. Too bad Dillon was hidden on a bad team. But, he finally got away and was rewarded.

I thought that when I first started looking at film of him after the trade.

And yes if you saw him, like I did, you don't throw the name Jim Brown around.

How much guts do you have to have to run that hard when reaching 278 yards?

He isn't as elusive, but damn he's still got the fire and the power. I'm a Dillon fan all the way.

My favorite player was Larry Garron, though. What can I say, I'm a homer.:D

So glad he's now carrying us:)

Watching that video it's clear that Corey has lost the speed part of his game. But he's still a great power back. Man, I can't believe Corey used to be that fast. His change of direction used to be outstanding. He's kind of a straight-line guy now.

Brownfan80 said:
Watching that video it's clear that Corey has lost the speed part of his game. But he's still a great power back. Man, I can't believe Corey used to be that fast. His change of direction used to be outstanding. He's kind of a straight-line guy now.
Yeah, I'd say he's more "lumbering" now.

But who am I to speak?

Patjew said:
Yeah, I'd say he's more "lumbering" now.

But who am I to speak?

No, you're right, lumbering is a great way to put it.

I think if this guy played on a better team through his career he would be a lock for the hall of fame.

I still think he's going into the Hall of Fame. 2-3 more seasons with us as the short-yardage back would go a long way when time comes for the ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back