PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man Bites Dog: Media (Including Breer) Gush Over BB's Presser Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best press conference ever. It really illustrated for me once again how BB motivates -- he just lays things out simply via facts and anecdotes in a serious tone, no theater or drama. It all comes down to how badly you want to be the best.

Yes, and by including anecdotes -- Ozzie Newsome, Lawrence Taylor -- and by not excepting himself ("We all make mistakes. I make more than anyone.") Clarity and no egotism.

Amazing stuff...God I wish he was my dad.

Oh wait, is that weird :)

Awesome stat:

On his rookie year, Ozzie fumbled, caused his team to lose and never fumbled again the next 13 years.

Maybe he'd do Bill a solid and work with a certain running back. :D

The IBBIT crowd should take note regarding what Belichick said about himself and mistakes. The man is the best coach in the business, but even he admits that he's not perfect.

I think you have that backwards. I think there are some that have a very unrealistic perspective that Belichick and players aren't ever allowed to make mistakes.

Don't mean to rain on the BB press conference lovefest, but I have to call B.S. on his contention that Newsome fumbled once in his rookie year and then NEVER ever fumbled again:

Ozzie Newsome NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

C'mon, Bill.........in fact, the fumbles per touches in Newsome's first 3 years were HIGHER than Ridley's. I wish he would stop crapping on Ridley. The team needs him.....could have used him in the red zone last weekend.

Last edited:
That was a nice treat. easy to understand why he is so good at what he does after watching that video.

Don't mean to rain ofn the BB press conference lovefest, but I have to call B.S. on his contention that Newsome fumbled once in his rookie year and then NEVER ever fumbled again:

Ozzie Newsome NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

C'mon, Bill.........in fact, the fumbles per touches in Newsome's first 3 years were FAR higher than Ridley's. I wish he would stop crapping on Ridley. The team needs him.....could have used him in the red zone last weekend.

So maybe he got a detail wrong (i.e., the year the streak began), but he did not fumble between 1981 and 1990. That is amazing.

This is the Billy Football I know.

Can't wait for this game, I would give up my weekend just to jump right to sunday night here where I live to watch this match.

LIGHT THEM UP.

So maybe he got a detail wrong (i.e., the year the streak began), but he did not fumble between 1981 and 1990. That is amazing.

- - For a RB who touches the ball 240 times per season, yes. Not for a WR who averaged 51 touches per season.

It's a little unfair to compare apples and oranges.

Last edited:
This is the Billy Football I know.

Can't wait for this game, I would give up my weekend just to jump right to sunday night here where I live to watch this match.

LIGHT THEM UP.

I would so love it if New England would light up the Ravens and leave them stunned and confused about what just hit them.

As much as I loath & despise the JESTS, the RAVENS are coming in at a very close 2nd. :cool:

I'll break it down even more for you:

First 3 seasons:

Newsome: 160 touches/3 fumbles (1 every 53.33)
Ridley: 547 touches/9 fumbles (1 every 60.78)

Sorry, but Ridley is getting crapped upon unfairly.....including by Belichick.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Linda-Holliday-Bill-Belichick-girlfriend-photo.jpg
    Linda-Holliday-Bill-Belichick-girlfriend-photo.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 132
I'll break it down even more for you:

First 3 seasons:

Newsome: 160 touches/3 fumbles (1 every 53.33)
Ridley: 547 touches/9 fumbles (1 every 60.78)

Sorry, but Ridley is getting crapped upon unfairly.....including by Belichick.

I completely disagree, he is paid to run the ball and hold on to the ball not give it up to the other team. You pull Ozzie's stats, I pull Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, how many times did he fumble as a patriot?

As for being able to use him last week in the red zone......that had nothing to do with Ridley that was pure play calling because prior to that Blount was getting 4 yrds a carry with ease. Why not use the bigger back? Don't get me wrong I love the kid and think he can be a dynamic back but he needs to hold onto the ball because this team isn't good enough to overcome mistakes like that.

I think you have that backwards. I think there are some that have a very unrealistic perspective that Belichick and players aren't ever allowed to make mistakes.

I don't have that backwards at all. There are a good amount of people on this forum that, whenever a questionable personnel move is made, sing IBBIT. That's a foolish perspective to take regardless, never mind that the man just admitted that he makes a lot of mistakes. It's okay to admit that the guy is human.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 4m

Bill Belichick took the Patriots to see "Lone Survivor" today during a full-team movie trip.

Road trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back