Man Bites Dog: Media (Including Breer) Gush Over BB's Presser Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Heads up:

It's not up on the net yet, but today's BB presser is getting a waterfall of rave reviews from the media for some reason.

Evidently he must have taken some pills and became effusive. Some are saying that it almost was like a pep talk to the team and that THEY wanted to now go out and play in the game. I'm calling the FBI, because I think Putin got a body-double in there and Belichick is really in Siberia this morning.

Will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Are we in the Twilight Zone? First Belichick and Brady are flat out honest about how they feel about the Jets. Now McCourty is openly saying he hates the Ravens and BB is opening up and getting rave reviews for a press conference? Maybe (hopefully) the team will continue this trip into the weird (considering the season) and put 51 on the Ravens.

Did he give shank the digit?

I will have to catch it to see what the commotion is about.

This reminds me of the week before SB 46 when BB seemed very relaxed and open with the media as if he was enjoying his pressers. Hope this Sunday turns out better than that one.

Holy crap.

Stacey James breaks in just before the 13 minute mark to announce that the lockerroom is open for player interviews and the Chatty Cathy Head Coach keeps on the podium for another 12 minutes+!! :D

I have to wait for the transcript. I'm at work and reading it is easier than watching it. :(

Obviously, this was the real Bill Belichick today in that press room - - the Belichick the public gets only rare glimpses of on "A Football Life" or the "3 Games to Glory" DVD's.

I have contended for years that he is one of theater's greatest method actors with that deadpan persona he puts out 99% of the time. It's slightly scary.

Last edited:
Well, it's obvious he loves Ozzie Newsome and LT. Credit to the media for actually asking good questions that can elicit answers beyond "yes" or "no" from BB.

My favorite line (talking about mental mistakes):

"The things that cause you to lose, you've gotta eliminate. Before you can win, you can't lose."

Wow, I need a cigarette after that... and I don't smoke. BB had that group enthralled, and they responded by asking excellent, well timed questions. Everyone in that room was totally on the same wavelength. I wish I was there.

A glorious use of 25 minutes of my life.

he is usually good on fridays. I dont remember which yr but few yrs ago he too the entire media to the filmroom during a weekly presser and brokedown film of montana and steve young and LT,giants. Probably there is a transcript of that as well somewhere.Of course, this NEVER ever gets mentioned by the mediots.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 2m
"The things that cause you to lose, you have to eliminate. Before you can win, you can’t lose." Bill Belichick today. I like that quote.

Tom E. Curran ‏@tomecurran 2m
"The things that cause you to lose, you have to eliminate. Before you can win, you can’t lose." Bill Belichick today. I like that quote.

It makes me think immediately of the Denver game. All his best laid plans to limit Manning by tempting him to run all day get subverted by fumbles and mistakes that immediately spot him a 17-0 lead.

Reporter:"Bill, how does a player get above a line?"
Bill:"By playing well"

hahahha

The best press conference ever. It really illustrated for me once again how BB motivates -- he just lays things out simply via facts and anecdotes in a serious tone, no theater or drama. It all comes down to how badly you want to be the best.

The IBBIT crowd should take note regarding what Belichick said about himself and mistakes. The man is the best coach in the business, but even he admits that he's not perfect.

Awesome stat:

On his rookie year, Ozzie fumbled, caused his team to lose and never fumbled again the next 13 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back