Welcome to PatsFans.com

Man acquitted of killing girlfriend and 8 month old fetus arrested again for murder !

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Jan 31, 2010.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +65 / 14 / -9

Notorious suspect arrested - BostonHerald.com

Wow... If Chuck Stewart did not jump, he should have hired this guys lawyer..... Then again, why do I get the feeling we picked up the
    tab for his lawyer.

How did this scumbag get off?

I would love to know why the jury acquitted him.

2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Man acquitted of killing girlfriend and 8 month old fetus arrested again for murd

I was wondering the same thing myself so I did a little research.

In the 1999 murder, Bryant did not actually attack the victim, his pregnant 14 year old girlfiend. He simply (allegedly) stood by and watched (although the individual who did do the stabbing said Bryant joined in burying her). According to Massachusetts law, that makes him just as liable as the individual who did the actual stabbing. However, the jury believed his taped confession was coerced and forced, and they believed him when he later recanted his story, saying he was not present as there was no physical evidence placing him at the scene.

Obviously I disagree with that jury's verdict and please do not take the above as an attempt to excuse their disgusting actions. But that is why they let him go.